Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
otakuben

British CV's or :How I learned to stop worrying and love the carpet bomb

4 comments in this topic

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,335 posts
1,977 battles

So I have played a decent bit CV games recently. I have played CV's before the tree reduction, before the rework, before the vast majority of changes. I hated the old way for various reasons and am loving the new way. However what I'm loving most is the British CV line. I am currently on the Furious and I think she is a beast of a carrier.

What makes her unique is the way her bombs work. You don't get the large AP bombs, rather you get a bomb drop that drops tons of smaller high explosive bombs. At first I was very put off by this as I couldn't get citadel hits and I felt like it did less damage. Then I landed a long ways hit on a BB that hit 8 bombs. It was amazing and did a large amount of damage. Then I realized that the bomb drop on the British CV's is much like doing a Torpedo drop on any CV. There is a set up you need to do to get a good hit but it can be much more rewarding if it hits just right. You are literally carpet bombing ships.

I honestly think the British CV's may be stronger than their American and Japanese counterparts because of this but that's a person opinion.

For those looking for a slightly different take on CV play, try the Brits. Spread colonization where ever you go in game.

[SALVO]
Members
24,784 posts
25,836 battles

Love the Dr Strangelove reference in the thread title. 

[RLGN]
Members
14,279 posts
25,119 battles
1 hour ago, otakuben said:

I hated the old way for various reasons and am loving the new way. 

We shall have to agree to disagree on several things.

The rework bores me near to death.

Performance wise Furious isn’t so bad, but she is so ugly she makes October Revolution look like a beauty pageant winner.

Members
1,872 posts

The level bombs are neat... when they work... if they hit... if they penetrate...

What drives me up the wall is watching 24 or 36 bombs (however many there are, I don't recall) all completely miss their target.

"Can't hit the broad-side of a barn from inside the barn" is a saying that comes to mind.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

Sign in to follow this