You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hippowolf

Hateful-8 Premium containers

42 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
1,011 battles

9 crates... ~$45...no mission, just crap.  Another terrible value for your money item from the creators of the screw your customers as much as you can school for the criminally insane.

Seriously, you need to post the odds on "winning" with the crates.  There are laws governing games that involve chance or gambling.    I'm pretty sure any "game of chance" that involves real money MUST at least post the odds of winning.  

Why do I feed this sick, perverted, greedy little monkey?  Time to quit....AGAIN!!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

[-BUI-]
Members
2,030 posts
5,697 battles
8 minutes ago, Hippowolf said:

9 crates... ~$45...no mission, just crap.  Another terrible value for your money item from the creators of the screw your customers as much as you can school for the criminally insane.

Seriously, you need to post the odds on "winning" with the crates.  There are laws governing games that involve chance or gambling.    I'm pretty sure any "game of chance" that involves real money MUST at least post the odds of winning.  

Why do I feed this sick, perverted, greedy little monkey?  Time to quit....AGAIN!!

Play stupid games;

Win stupid prizes.

Don't buy crates.

If you willingly screw yourself, over and over, who is really at fault?  Them or you?

• Cool 2

Members
5 posts
1,011 battles
1 minute ago, Zenn3k said:

Play stupid games;

Win stupid prizes.

Don't buy crates.

If you willingly screw yourself, over and over, who is really at fault?  Them or you?

Them.  Why would anyone willingly screw themselves over and over?  THEREFORE, it must be unwillingly by some nefarious method or play on a common human weakness. There is a reason why gambling is illegal in almost every state.  

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,030 posts
5,697 battles
1 minute ago, Hippowolf said:

Them.  Why would anyone willingly screw themselves over and over?  THEREFORE, it must be unwillingly by some nefarious method or play on a common human weakness. There is a reason why gambling is illegal in almost every state.  

Maybe a little manipulation, but only in the fact you wanted something NOW instead of just waiting for it to be available for free, so its really on YOU.

In a couple weeks every ship is free to grind through the tech tree, no money required, you just didn't wanna wait, thats YOUR FAULT and nobody elses.

The odds are meaningless, you paid for something thats free because you are impatient.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,048 posts
13,308 battles
2 minutes ago, Hippowolf said:

Yet you seem to seek out places where it can be done. Then you blame those places.

Members
3,585 posts
13,004 battles
3 minutes ago, Hippowolf said:

There is a reason why gambling is illegal in almost every state.  

No it isnt, lots of restrictions and regulations. But this isnt true. Also I hate lock boxes. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,598 posts
13 minutes ago, Hippowolf said:

Hawaii and Utah are the only states in which gambling is completely illegal.  It is legal in one form or another, in all others.  In any case, loot crates don't currently fit into those standards for the most part.

There is always the possibility that you will not get what you want out of the crates.  For this reason, if you ONLY want a thing and that thing is up for direct sale, it is best to directly purchase it.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

I bought 1 crate because the  reward for the collection I don't have is shown below .... considering the drop rate on french crates which is ~1:35, I figured the chance of getting something useful was 1:100.  I just wanted to start the collection as I've finished everything else and it drops duplicates forever which equals a free steady credit supply.

image.png

Edited by NoSoMo

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,990 posts
5,814 battles
14 minutes ago, Hippowolf said:

Whether you like it or not, gaming loot boxes are not currently classed as gambling in many places, so your last sentence is largely inapplicable outside of a handful of spots. I think it's Belgium and one or two other places in the EU.

I don't like the mechanic either, but if people participate in 'surprise mechanics' they are on their own. You played WG's loot box game, lost, and have nobody to blame but yourself. It's hardly WG's fault that you lacked self control, and/or had unrealistic expectations.

• Cool 1

Members
5 posts
1,011 battles
5 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Maybe a little manipulation, but only in the fact you wanted something NOW instead of just waiting for it to be available for free, so its really on YOU.

In a couple weeks every ship is free to grind through the tech tree, no money required, you just didn't wanna wait, thats YOUR FAULT and nobody elses.

The odds are meaningless, you paid for something thats free because you are impatient.

Nope.  I do not want the ships, I want the Captain.  And THAT will never be free. 

4 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Whether you like it or not, gaming loot boxes are not currently classed as gambling in many places, so your last sentence is largely inapplicable.

I don't like the mechanic either, but if people participate in 'surprise mechanics' they are on their own. You played WG's loot box game hoping to get a tech tree ship which will be out later anyway. You lost, and have nobody to blame but yourself. It's hardly WG's fault that you lacked self control, and/or had unrealistic expectations.

You people are self-righteous little lemmings.  Fine, I'll be serious about it then.   My complaint about the value proposition offered by WG in crates, and other items is just that.  It is a complaint about the piss-poor value customers get when participating in WG's marketplace.   I choose to participate because I like the game and I want to be a supportive customer.  However, doing so is often infuriating because of the horrible "ROI" derived  from almost all of WG's microtransaction products and bundles.  My complaint is an admonishment to WG (in case they read this) that a customer should never be made to feel cheated or abused.  That's common decency and common good business practices.  

I don't need all the self-righteous virtue signaling crap about how it's my fault.  I'm well-a-[edited]-ware that I CHOSE to participate.   My complaint is really a plea for something better that makes me enjoy supporting this game rather than constantly feeling f'd up the [edited].

There, is that better?

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles
42 minutes ago, Hippowolf said:

Them.  Why would anyone willingly screw themselves over and over?  THEREFORE, it must be unwillingly by some nefarious method or play on a common human weakness.

Yep. Scary how many people are totally OK with predatory practices.

[SIMP]
Members
1,302 posts
10,775 battles
34 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Hawaii and Utah are the only states in which gambling is completely illegal.  It is legal in one form or another, in all others.  In any case, loot crates don't currently fit into those standards for the most part.

There is always the possibility that you will not get what you want out of the crates.  For this reason, if you ONLY want a thing and that thing is up for direct sale, it is best to directly purchase it.

You probably missed this...

[A-D-F]
7,598 posts
1 minute ago, _cthulhu_ said:

You probably missed this...

Correct, I haven't watched whatever that video is.

[SIMP]
Members
1,302 posts
10,775 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Correct, I haven't watched whatever that video is.

You should, but dont eat first, you might lose it...

The OP sounds just like their targets

[A-D-F]
7,598 posts
7 minutes ago, Hippowolf said:

Nope.  I do not want the ships, I want the Captain.  And THAT will never be free. 

You people are self-righteous little lemmings.  Fine, I'll be serious about it then.   My complaint about the value proposition offered by WG in crates, and other items is just that.  It is a complaint about the piss-poor value customers get when participating in WG's marketplace.   I choose to participate because I like the game and I want to be a supportive customer.  However, doing so is often infuriating because of the horrible "ROI" derived  from almost all of WG's microtransaction products and bundles.  My complaint is an admonishment to WG (in case they read this) that a customer should never be made to feel cheated or abused.  That's common decency and common good business practices.  

I don't need all the self-righteous virtue signaling crap about how it's my fault.  I'm well-a-[edited]-ware that I CHOSE to participate.   My complaint is really a plea for something better that makes me enjoy supporting this game rather than constantly feeling f'd up the [edited].

There, is that better?

At the end of the day, WG didn't guarantee you to get the thing.  I am sure lots of people bought the crates and got the thing and lots of people bought the crates and didn't get the thing.

The crates are much cheaper than a direct purchase because they are not a direct purchase.  They are a roll of the dice.  Your numbers didn't come up this time.  If you buy another crate, they might.  If you buy 100 more crates, they still might not.  That's just how loot crates work.

[SIMP]
Members
1,302 posts
10,775 battles
8 minutes ago, Hippowolf said:

There, is that better?

Watch the video and take some time to reflect on it.

You seem to be fully invested in thier strategy.

[A-D-F]
7,598 posts
2 minutes ago, _cthulhu_ said:

You should, but dont eat first, you might lose it...

The OP sounds just like their targets

Thanks but no thank you.  I understand what loot crates are and how they work.

[SIMP]
Members
1,302 posts
10,775 battles
7 minutes ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Yep. Scary how many people are totally OK with predatory practices.

Exactly... it is sad to see the extent that game companies use these manipulation techniques to extract money.

[A-D-F]
7,598 posts
Just now, _cthulhu_ said:

Exactly... it is sad to see the extent that game companies use these manipulation techniques to extract money.

I am fine with them.

I don't usually buy them, I just directly buy what I want, but I don't have a problem with them being offered for sale.

[SIMP]
Members
1,302 posts
10,775 battles

Thanks but no thank you.  I understand what loot crates are and how they work.

Evidentaly not, because it isnt loot boxes. Which are just a tool for the manipulation

[A-D-F]
7,598 posts
Just now, _cthulhu_ said:

Evidentaly not, because it isnt loot boxes. Which are just a tool for the manipulation

See my post above yours.

[SIMP]
Members
1,302 posts
10,775 battles

I am fine with them.

No one asked you if you were or weren't,  that comment wasn't directed to you.