Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nick_Travers

Having Trouble Downloading

5 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts

So I'm trying to download the game and and running into some SNAFUs.

I am on a Mac, which I really don't have set up for gaming and have just barely 20 GB on the disk.  My attempts to download the game to an external hard drive are meeting with zero success.  What I keep getting is the message "not enough space."  The external hard dive has 770 GB left available.  What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 4.01.25 PM.png

[LOIN]
Supertester
810 posts
1 hour ago, Nick_Travers said:

So I'm trying to download the game and and running into some SNAFUs.

I am on a Mac, which I really don't have set up for gaming and have just barely 20 GB on the disk.  My attempts to download the game to an external hard drive are meeting with zero success.  What I keep getting is the message "not enough space."  The external hard dive has 770 GB left available.  What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 4.01.25 PM.png

Are you certain you are downloading it on your external drive? 

Members
2 posts
19 hours ago, Starfleet1701 said:

Are you certain you are downloading it on your external drive? 

Honestly, I am not certain.  And part of why I thought it prudent to ask.

Going through the game website and following instructions does not seem to allow me to select a different location other than the "Applications" folder to drop the file.  The most recent attempt I dragged it to the external drive and it actually seemed to work, and instead of immediately giving me the aforementioned message, it spent about half an hour downloading almost everything before saying insufficient space.

Examining the laptop shows it nowhere to be found unless the external drive is connected.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,142 battles

Heyo Captain,

From this it looks as though you've selected the download location to be the C drive of your Mac. 

I would suggest restarting the process and ensure your denote the appropriate drive for download.

Fem, 

Members
3,380 posts
6,789 battles

Why does it say UPDATING GAME COMPONENTS ?  Your installing the game but you already downloaded WOW - is it correct?    If you did not find WOW on the external drive then you need to download some small file and be sure you see that file on the ext drive. THEN you can download the WOW file. After that then check to see that WOW does exist on the ext drive.  If WOW is there then install....

Sign in to follow this