You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tom_Lin

I find Roma been the most relaxing battleship to play

20 comments in this topic

[AK-47]
Members
280 posts
7,644 battles

I just dig my Roma out for those directives and French containers, played a few coop game with her.

It is so relaxing, at the point I entered the match, I know there is pretty much nothing I can do, and I am assuming my team didn't expect me to do anything.

I just need to sail around and find a nice target to ram.:Smile_teethhappy:

At the point I see the ship is doing more damage to an angled Musashi rather than a broadsiding Musashi, I confirmed my thoughts and kept shooting angled Musashi for nice 5K or 6K damge per salvo.

Edited by Tom_Lin
  • Funny 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,610 posts

I wanted to like the Roma.  I wanted to buy the Roma.  All the reviews and videos about over pens scared me off though. :(

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles

At the very least you know you are driving the most beautiful BB in the game. I swear that the Italians can make a tractor look beautiful, it has to be in the genes.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,405 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

At the very least you know you are driving the most beautiful BB in the game. I swear that the Italians can make a tractor look beautiful, it has to be in the genes.

Well Lamborghini did start off making tractors for the Italians.   

I won the Roma in a Christmas crate and I can confirm what others have said.  In that ship I get more over penns and ricochets than I care to deal with.  I have yet to find a way to enjoy that ship.  

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,747 battles
41 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I wanted to like the Roma.  I wanted to buy the Roma.  All the reviews and videos about over pens scared me off though. :(

From 3km to a closing of 500 meters, I bounced Yammy shells and killed her .....

Full health to dead....

Fell in love with her.

She is a close to mid range ship.

[AK-47]
Members
280 posts
7,644 battles
42 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I find more pens on an angled battleship rather than an broadsiding one.... sometimes you shoot a broadsiding target and see the shells flys anywhere but the ship you are shooting at.

However, there are rare cases that I almost deleted a broadsiding Salem at 12Km mark, I think I got something like 4 or 3 citadels in one salvo..... but again, in most of the times, the shells go anywhere but the ship, I think usually it's gonna be 1 pen 1 overpen or something like that.

[AK-47]
Members
280 posts
7,644 battles
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

From 3km to a closing of 500 meters, I bounced Yammy shells and killed her .....

Full health to dead....

Fell in love with her.

She is a close to mid range ship.

Agreed, now I just try to get as close as possible, however, I find the gun isn't really accurate at 5Km mark... maybe I should get closer. I think I scoure 1 citadel hits at at broadsiding Musashi at around 7km or 8km mark...

[RCNW3]
Members
1,923 posts
19,132 battles

I love the look, bought the special camo for her, want to enjoy playing her, but then I get into a tier 10 game, out-ranged by just about everything, long range AP should be her strength, but it is not- then she goes back to being a Port Queen 

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,072 battles

Nothing beat playing CV when it comes to relaxation game play, you just chill...have the 2nd monitor watching netflix show or youtube, and WOWs on main monitor nuking things with rocket planes, torp and dive bombers with ease, as if i could almost play the game with my feet.

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
990 posts

Roma works very well for me. I bought her when she came out just to have her.shes consistent in damage,fast for flanking and a sweetheart to look at . She needs IMO upgraded secondaries just to keep pesky DDs at bay . Just don't show her side too much cause it's an easy cit.

I don't regret buying her and I use her Everytime I have a chance .

Cheers m8. o>

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles

I enjoy it, sure the guns troll you sometimes a lot like Musashi but usually your bottom tier so the overpen issue doesn't really crop up too much for me. One of the best looking ships ever made for sure. I only place it second to Iowa as best looking BB ever built...

Edited by Stand_Alone97

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

In my playing against Roma in the past I did notice that a good salvo to the stern could set off devastating citadel strike(s). Pretty sure the front arc of the Roma is better protected though. And last time I obliterated a Roma was with Amagi at mid to close range, so certainly took enough shells hitting Roma that time to sink it lol.

Also brawling against Roma in Bismarck and took longer than expected to sink the Roma, and in the mean time the main battery shells were peeling uncomfortable amounts of HP off of my Bismarck. (Likely thanks to how high the pen is on Roma)

So I guess as long as you are careful about not having a powerful BB sailing behind your Roma you are good.

[HINON]
Members
3,254 posts
26,553 battles

Ricochet Roma irritates me to no end,  it's easily the worst ship in the game.  I would LOVE to have my money back, hell I'd even  swap it for a Gascan.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,072 battles
10 minutes ago, giovybez said:

Ricochet Roma irritates me to no end,  it's easily the worst ship in the game.  I would LOVE to have my money back, hell I'd even  swap it for a Gascan.

No you don't, i have both and the Roma is the better of the two, Gascan suck real bad, like the worst T8 premium BB out there.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
3,254 posts
26,553 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

@ 2:20

*Perfect broadsiding Colorado 11.0km out. There is no way you can miss that shot*

Roma: "Hold my Prosecco..."

[HINON]
Members
3,254 posts
26,553 battles
1 minute ago, Xcalib3r said:

No you don't, i have both and the Roma is the better of the two, Gascan suck real bad, like the worst T8 premium BB out there.

:-( smh

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles
2 minutes ago, giovybez said:

@ 2:20

*Perfect broadsiding Colorado 11.0km out. There is no way you can miss that shot*

Roma: "Hold my Prosecco..."

That miss was actually my own fault, I didn't lead enough.

Members
3,727 posts

I love the Roma. I don’t mind the overpens but the dispersion is disappointing.  

‘I wish I could pay to upgrade it to Tier 9 and leave everything the same except give it good dispersion.