You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
x_gandalf

Massachusetts 195k damage, best match I ever had

24 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,604 posts
10 minutes ago, x_gandalf said:

Just got this ship a few days back and today she really surprised me.  

Cool. I just was gifted a Mass a couple of days ago. Now I have a goal to work towards! The Mass is fast becoming my favorite BB.

I'd really like to see a replay of that game. Can you put it on WOWS Replays and post a link here?

Edited by Snargfargle

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
4,970 battles

Sweet game! So close to that 200k mark. 

You can't just drop a screenshot like that on us without telling a build! IFHE secondaries? BFT? Nothing at all? How much of that 195k came from your secondaries?

[SEAST]
Members
11 posts
3,390 battles
18 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Cool. I just was gifted a Mass a couple of days ago. Now I have a goal to work towards! The Mass is fast becoming my favorite BB.

I'd really like to see a replay of that game. Can you put it on WOWS Replays and post a link here?

Great ship, you'll definitely have fun! 

I'm pretty new to this game, hopefully the recording was ON. I'll post it if I can find the file.

6 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Sweet game! So close to that 200k mark. 

You can't just drop a screenshot like that on us without telling a build! IFHE secondaries? BFT? Nothing at all? How much of that 195k came from your secondaries?

Thx, man! The commander has only 7pts so no 4th row skills... Yeah I have BFT. 

Forgot to capture the detail screen... Around 20-30k from sec maybe? Most of the time I was pointing my bow towards whoever was shotting at me and shooting back with the 6 big guns.

[POP]
Members
1,080 posts
9,344 battles
46 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Where would I find WOWS Replays?

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,277 battles
1 hour ago, x_gandalf said:

2019-08-09.thumb.png.fa65f01243867c6ccfd3375399b5b5bf.png1838210029_2019-08-09(1).thumb.png.f7f19e357de66f5a59ec4f5bab5fff7e.png

Hey x_gandalf,

Great result and glad you are enjoying the Massachusetts! Even more impressive that you got this result without a full 19 point commander! Good on ya and keep the good results coming.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,604 posts
2 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Where would I find WOWS Replays?

https://replayswows.com/

Your replays are located in C:\Games\World_of_Warships_NA\replays if you have installed recently. Look around in C:\Games or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\World of Warships if you installed via Steam and find the Replays folder. I make a shortcut to it for easy finding. The folders change periodically it seems too. I reinstalled today and things were slightly different than my previous old install.

• Cool 2

[SEAST]
Members
11 posts
3,390 battles
6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Just uploaded the replay, here is the link: https://replayswows.com/replay/59514#stats

[SEAST]
Members
11 posts
3,390 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

Great game love the Massachusetts its my favorite ship .

Yeah, it's now my favorite too!

1 hour ago, n00bot said:

Mass is such fun! I bet you break 200 with it...

Sounds a bit challenging lol, something special about the 200k line?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,604 posts
28 minutes ago, x_gandalf said:

Just uploaded the replay, here is the link: https://replayswows.com/replay/59514#stats

WOW! Your first salvo was for a cit and you just got better from there, capping in a BB, supporting the team, and brawling with three ships at once and sinking them. Your team was behind considerably in ships and you still pulled off the win. You ought to see if Jingles or someone might want to put this replay on his channel.

[SEAST]
Members
11 posts
3,390 battles

12 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

WOW! Your first salvo was for a cit and you just got better from there, capping in a BB, supporting the team, and brawling with three ships at once and sinking them. Your team was behind considerably in ships and you still pulled off the win. You ought to see if Jingles or someone might want to put this replay on his channel.

Thx man! Yeah, that comeback was simply awesome and I didn't think I could actually win it. 

Do you know how I can get this replay to Jingles or any other YouTubers you know of? Do I need a recommendation or something? 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,604 posts
11 minutes ago, x_gandalf said:

Thx man! Yeah, that comeback was simply awesome and I didn't think I could actually win it. 

Do you know how I can get this replay to Jingles or any other YouTubers you know of? Do I need a recommendation or something? 

Can't hurt to try.

If you have a World of Tanks replay you'd like to submit, upload it to a hosting service like http://wotreplays.com and email the link to your replay to charlton.paul70@gmail.com.

If you have a World of Warships replay, consider using a hosting service like https://replayswows.com/

Just be aware that I get hundreds of emails every week and I can't promise that I'll show what you send in.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,939 posts
15,471 battles
8 hours ago, x_gandalf said:

Just got this ship a few days back and today she really surprised me

Wow huge battle. Well done!!

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,886 posts
11,380 battles
On 8/9/2019 at 1:49 PM, x_gandalf said:

2019-08-09.thumb.png.fa65f01243867c6ccfd3375399b5b5bf.png1838210029_2019-08-09(1).thumb.png.f7f19e357de66f5a59ec4f5bab5fff7e.png

Edit:

Replay link: https://replayswows.com/replay/59514#stats

Just don’t give the naysayers any credibility when they say things like that. You let them bother you.  So don’t let them.  

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,886 posts
11,380 battles
On 8/9/2019 at 2:22 PM, x_gandalf said:

Great ship, you'll definitely have fun! 

I'm pretty new to this game, hopefully the recording was ON. I'll post it if I can find the file.

Thx, man! The commander has only 7pts so no 4th row skills... Yeah I have BFT. 

Forgot to capture the detail screen... Around 20-30k from sec maybe? Most of the time I was pointing my bow towards whoever was shotting at me and shooting back with the 6 big guns.

Spend the money on a 15pt captain, Overchicken is back this week.  It’s worth it

[SEAST]
Members
11 posts
3,390 battles
1 hour ago, comtedumas said:

Spend the money on a 15pt captain, Overchicken is back this week.  It’s worth it

You mean the Ovechkin? Kind of pricy... anything special about this captain?

Members
1,170 posts
11,397 battles
22 hours ago, x_gandalf said:

Sounds a bit challenging lol, something special about the 200k line?

Certainly less challenging in a Mass than some other ships! If you came close once... good chance you can do it again. I’ve had full secondary spec Mass’s give 50-70k in secondary damage/fires, so if you can score 130-150 with the main rifles...

[SEAST]
Members
11 posts
3,390 battles
6 minutes ago, n00bot said:

Certainly less challenging in a Mass than some other ships! If you came close once... good chance you can do it again. I’ve had full secondary spec Mass’s give 50-70k in secondary damage/fires, so if you can score 130-150 with the main rifles...

Yeah, can't wait to actually get past the 200k damage.

One bad thing about having a strong secondary is you tend to play more aggressively, and that can go wrong really fast... Had some games in Mass where I just got totally wrecked before doing much damage...

[KRAK]
Members
1,352 posts
15,233 battles
On 8/9/2019 at 1:49 PM, x_gandalf said:

Edit:

Replay link: https://replayswows.com/replay/59514#stats

I had a game with 144K damage against T6-9 players also in mine. The first 3 games were like that. Even got criticized for not doing more to hurt the red team (that was a T6-8 game with 3 kills). Then quickly was transferred to the T9-10 world and it all changed. Took 45K damage from one salvo of Russian T9 BB, after being spotted by T10 CV. Too many T9-10 battles for my taste.

Edited by Ericson38

[SEAST]
Members
11 posts
3,390 battles

3 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

I had a game with 144K damage against T6-9 players also in mine. The first 3 games were like that. Even got criticized for not doing more to hurt the red team (that was a T6-8 game with 3 kills). Then quickly was transferred to the T9-10 world and it all changed. Took 45K damage from one salvo of Russian T9 BB, after being spotted by T10 CV. Too many T9-10 battles for my taste.

Too true... It's painful to play a T8 ship in T10 matches...

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,886 posts
11,380 battles
On 8/10/2019 at 7:01 PM, x_gandalf said:

You mean the Ovechkin? Kind of pricy... anything special about this captain?

Inch of premium time, you get a 15 point captain, you get your 4 point access, and getting to 19 is easier from 15 than it is from 7