You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mademoisail

Community Contributor Program: QnA

94 comments in this topic

[PRVTR]
Members
1,146 posts
6,501 battles

Yoyo

I have been making Ship Opinions and Comparo Tests since mid January, and I just wanted to ask a basic question.

How much further do I have to go until I can achieve a status that is comprable to a CC or NA Privateer, or, if I'm proceeding in entirely the wrong direction, what steps should I take in order to make progress in the right direction, towards the CC or NA Privateer status?

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

Shrayes_Bhagavatula

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,422 posts
6,014 battles
On 8/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, Submarine_M1 said:

i was curious- would it be preferable that i make the content on my own? i have a roommate that interrupts me whenever i tried to stream, because he wanted attention, and i also take medication on the time that i wanted to stream, sadly.....and i would be (possibly) available on Wednesday and Fridays...

otherwise, how many viewers do i need, as well on follower count, subscribers, etc on twitch? thank you for the info!

I would make it a running joke. Make him a cameo.

• Funny 1

[PRVTR]
Members
1,146 posts
6,501 battles

@Kalvothe, @turbo07

Do either of you know when the thread for Community Contributor Applications will be opening again?

I would like to apply but it does not seem that there is an open thread.

:SerB:

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula

Members
184 posts
603 battles
On 3/27/2020 at 5:47 PM, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

@Kalvothe, @turbo07

Do either of you know when the thread for Community Contributor Applications will be opening again?

I would like to apply but it does not seem that there is an open thread.

Very soon. :)

• Cool 1

Members
184 posts
603 battles
1 minute ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

@Kalvothe

Just a quick question. How long does the application processing usually take?

P.S: I'm just anxious

There is not a specific amount of time, I'm going to try to get to reviewing them this week. But, no promises.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
195 posts
4,095 battles

Hello Femennenly (or to whomever may read this first), 

We "met" briefly in a ranked battle within the last week or so; you were carrying us to victory in your Z-39, and I was in my Gneisenau (or Sinop?). To be brief, I'm interested in creating a newsletter of sorts for fellow players. I'm a busy university student, working a part-time summer job while taking online classes and also doing research. I expect there are plenty of other players like me, who have busy schedules but just don't have the time to spend looking at all the game-related info sources (main page, blog, forums, official streams, etc.). This newsletter would summarize ALL of the most significant points (i.e. updates, new ships, good deals, etc.) so that players don't have to spend the time sorting through all the sources, and instead can decide what interests them and then go looking for detailed info if they're interested. This would be a weekly thing (probably), and I'm only just beginning to plan it now. I'm thinking of calling it Warships Weekly, but as the devs like to say, "everything is subject to change". So, here are my most pressing questions (I read the EULA again - yeah, I know, who actually reads that): 

1. Am I allowed to use images released by Wargaming in said newsletter (i.e. Munchen)?
  2. Am I allowed to specifically refer to and use the name World of Warships in and throughout my writing? 
  3. Am I allowed to insert links to specific World of Warships related webpages (such as the development blog)? 
  4. What and whose permission would I need to "advertise" (that's not quite the right word), say, a special stream by a CC? Out of courtesy, I would always ask the CC first, but does Wargaming need to get involved?

I think that's it for now; as I mentioned, I'm still planning this, so it's nowhere near launch. I'm still not sure if this will interest the player base, and would welcome any feedback you might have. If I decide to give it a trial run, I'll create a logo and whatnot and send it out to anyone who will lend an ear for their feedback. 

Thank you for your time, and have a wonderful evening!

Onwards and seawards, 

Grand_Admiral_Murrel

P.S.: I specifically paid attention to section 10 of the EULA, but... still wanted to play it safe by asking. 

Edited by Grand_Admiral_Murrel
  • Cool 1

[-U-]
Members
127 posts
14,611 battles

I applied a while back, never heard anything, I always heard no news is good news but If I didnt make it, feedback/criticisms would be nice to get so I know how to responds and grow.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[AOD_D]
Members
19 posts
8,962 battles

I applied as well quite a few months ago .  Was just going to let the application hang , if it gets approved, great , if I am passed over all good too.  I still enjoy what I do as much as I can get around to making content.  Anyone know when they are going to be looking for some new NA CCs to fill some recent openings in the roster ?

[ARPGT]
Members
809 posts
42,983 battles
3 hours ago, AJAXd said:

I applied as well quite a few months ago .  Was just going to let the application hang , if it gets approved, great , if I am passed over all good too.  I still enjoy what I do as much as I can get around to making content.  Anyone know when they are going to be looking for some new NA CCs to fill some recent openings in the roster ?

I did as well.... but I doubt I am able to be a CC nor the STer, in spite of me being incredibly trust worthy 

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[QCN3]
Members
1 post
1,102 battles

Hi, 

Is the apply link broken by mistake or the application are closed at the moment?

Thank you,

[WKY20]
Members
34 posts
6,137 battles
On 9/16/2021 at 5:29 AM, Matrice said:

Hi, 

Is the apply link broken by mistake or the application are closed at the moment?

Thank you,

I had a quick chat with someone I know about this, I think the CC Program is getting updated and details about how to apply for it might be changing. So I think there will be more news about that coming soon, lets just wait and see because I'm thinking about reapplying as well too.

Edited by Admiral_Revan_Vader

[-U-]
Members
127 posts
14,611 battles
On 9/16/2021 at 5:00 PM, Admiral_Revan_Vader said:

I had a quick chat with someone I know about this, I think the CC Program is getting updated and details about how to apply for it might be changing. So I think there will be more news about that coming soon, lets just wait and see because I'm thinking about reapplying as well too.

I would second this, I havent talked to anyone but with all the recent changes and events, I would think that their CC program is being revamped and hopefully we all here eventually can join the CC program! I for one hope they pick the more positive people such as Revan, as a friend of his both of us have tried our best to insert some positivity into WoWs.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1