Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mademoisail

Community Contributor Program: QnA

88 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,696
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,271 posts
19,044 battles
On 12/29/2019 at 4:13 PM, Delicious_Anime_Boy_Feet said:

Will all applications get notified if they have been accepted/declined? 

Yes!

On 12/30/2019 at 12:00 PM, BACK2PORTBOI said:

I'd love to apply to join the CC program but I can't seem to find where to apply (unless it's in this post lol)

Please see:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/205532-community-contributor-applications-winter-2019/?do=getNewComment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,696
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,271 posts
19,044 battles
On 1/6/2020 at 10:45 PM, JT_Hastings said:

Does anyone know when this cycle of the NA Community Contributor Applications - Winter 2019 closes?

 

February 1st,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
287
[TCAL]
Members
1,226 posts
12,779 battles

W.G. only considers youtube and twitch and the like (streaming), and ignores other media (like posting 100's of screenshots with 1,000's of page views on deviantArt). So I'll not apply.:cap_old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,696
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,271 posts
19,044 battles
20 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

W.G. only considers youtube and twitch and the like (streaming), and ignores other media (like posting 100's of screenshots with 1,000's of page views on deviantArt). So I'll not apply.:cap_old:

While majority of our CCs are on YT/Twitch, we definitely do consider other mediums. For example we have LittleWhiteMouse and Talleyrand who have written medium items, we also previously had Kelorn and Vanessaria who had a podcast. Ultimately if you are creating unique content of any format, that has a following, and interest in furthering that, we are happy to look at and consider your application.

Fem, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
287
[TCAL]
Members
1,226 posts
12,779 battles

I told W.G. about what I've been doing years ago and was dismissed. I post on DeviantArt, my I.D. there is 62Guy. Look it up.:Smile_glasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[ARP]
Members
807 posts
41,819 battles
13 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

While majority of our CCs are on YT/Twitch, we definitely do consider other mediums. For example we have LittleWhiteMouse and Talleyrand who have written medium items, we also previously had Kelorn and Vanessaria who had a podcast. Ultimately if you are creating unique content of any format, that has a following, and interest in furthering that, we are happy to look at and consider your application.

Fem, 

As for unique content, would that include playing with a controller that can be on screen thru a software, and playing the game in a silliest way possible?

 

(like the 81 knot shima, and then some)

Edited by Submarine_M1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,696
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,271 posts
19,044 battles
1 hour ago, DarthDon49 said:

I told W.G. about what I've been doing years ago and was dismissed. I post on DeviantArt, my I.D. there is 62Guy. Look it up.:Smile_glasses:

I mean... taking screenshots isn't really creating unique content. While several of your SSs are aesthetically pleasing, they don't really convey any information about the game or whats going on within them. There is definitely more you could be doing with them which would move your content into an area we could be more interested in working with. Ultimately tho I cannot give you the answers as to how make yourself standout - that's for the individual creators to work out. Furthermore, views on content isn't the only factor we care about, what is your engagement like. After taking a quick peak, it seems majority of your SSs only have a few likes/comments on them, while your page has 19k views total, your individual content is not really engaging the community nor representing it.


1 hour ago, Submarine_M1 said:

As for unique content, would that include playing with a controller that can be on screen thru a software, and playing the game in a silliest way possible?

Not really... its not so much how you're doing it, but what it contains and if the wider community finds it interesting. For example, before I joined WG originally, I was made a CC based on my focus on CVs, a highly unrepresented area of content coverage within the community. It didn't matter so much how I was playing them, or how I chose to cover them, it was the fact I was covering a community interest area in a way that the community engaged with. This is what made me unique. Looking at our current offerings of CCs, we have some that are more historical focused, some that focus on high end play, others focused on new player assistance. Each of them have a draw card that makes them unique. We're not really looking for another streamer playing the game and talking about their everyday life - it doesn't bring a new or unique engagement point.

Fem, 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[ARP]
Members
807 posts
41,819 battles
2 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

I mean... taking screenshots isn't really creating unique content. While several of your SSs are aesthetically pleasing, they don't really convey any information about the game or whats going on within them. There is definitely more you could be doing with them which would move your content into an area we could be more interested in working with. Ultimately tho I cannot give you the answers as to how make yourself standout - that's for the individual creators to work out. Furthermore, views on content isn't the only factor we care about, what is your engagement like. After taking a quick peak, it seems majority of your SSs only have a few likes/comments on them, while your page has 19k views total, your individual content is not really engaging the community nor representing it.


Not really... its not so much how you're doing it, but what it contains and if the wider community finds it interesting. For example, before I joined WG originally, I was made a CC based on my focus on CVs, a highly unrepresented area of content coverage within the community. It didn't matter so much how I was playing them, or how I chose to cover them, it was the fact I was covering a community interest area in a way that the community engaged with. This is what made me unique. Looking at our current offerings of CCs, we have some that are more historical focused, some that focus on high end play, others focused on new player assistance. Each of them have a draw card that makes them unique. We're not really looking for another streamer playing the game and talking about their everyday life - it doesn't bring a new or unique engagement point.

Fem, 

I understand :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[ARP]
Members
807 posts
41,819 battles

I feel as if all content possibles is already taken.... I just don’t know what I am able to do, since the only thing that I can think of is not really unique per say......

 

 

 

and me being mentally challenged, I will have an even harder time knowing what unique things I could think of for being a content creator 

 

 

lastly, Ik there is an internet requirement for streaming, and I am below the capacity unless I have my own router (I live in a group home, with roommates with special needs, and they too use the internet)

Edited by Submarine_M1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
287
[TCAL]
Members
1,226 posts
12,779 battles

Seeing a screenshot from the game is how I discovered WoWS, but then, I guess exposing folks to WoWS that otherwise wouldn't know about the game is not important.:Smile_facepalm:

Edited by DarthDon49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,696
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,271 posts
19,044 battles
18 minutes ago, DarthDon49 said:

Seeing a screenshot from the game is how I discovered WoWS, but then, I guess exposing folks to WoWS that otherwise wouldn't know about the game is not important.:Smile_facepalm:

I have no doubt on this. They do have impact, but their scale of impact is what needs to be considered. If I could attribute X actions taken as direct relation from generation of that specific content then there would be more grounds for sure. Right now, if content cannot amount views/clicks/viewers/listeners/discussion/etc, its very unlikely there is much knock on action from it.

Fem,

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
16,788 battles

Hey! just a question on regards to the actual CC discord itself, Is it managed well? are there staff on there looking at it making sure each content creator isnt stirring stuff around and causing arguments. Another CC discord I was in was absolutely dreadful to be a part of because there was nobody there to really stop any of it happening.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,696
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,271 posts
19,044 battles
20 minutes ago, Delicious_Anime_Boy_Feet said:

Hey! just a question on regards to the actual CC discord itself, Is it managed well? are there staff on there looking at it making sure each content creator isnt stirring stuff around and causing arguments. Another CC discord I was in was absolutely dreadful to be a part of because there was nobody there to really stop any of it happening.

Thanks

Yes :)

There is ample staff supporting the discord and ensuring things are running smoothly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
287
[TCAL]
Members
1,226 posts
12,779 battles
On 1/13/2020 at 5:01 PM, Femennenly said:

I have no doubt on this. They do have impact, but their scale of impact is what needs to be considered. If I could attribute X actions taken as direct relation from generation of that specific content then there would be more grounds for sure. Right now, if content cannot amount views/clicks/viewers/listeners/discussion/etc, its very unlikely there is much knock on action from it.

Fem,

Speaking of clicks/views, I looked at my profile and, judging from the page views, you barely glanced at it. At any rate, X number of views by the same folks that all view a bunch of other WoWS streamers is not really new views for WoWS, but that's all right, it is numbers that count...:cap_look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2 posts
On 1/13/2020 at 11:52 PM, Submarine_M1 said:
On 1/13/2020 at 11:39 PM, Femennenly said:

While majority of our CCs are on YT/Twitch, we definitely do consider other mediums. For example we have LittleWhiteMouse and Talleyrand who have written medium items, we also previously had Kelorn and Vanessaria who had a podcast. Movers local near me address company G&J Moving. Ultimately if you are creating unique content of any format, that has a following, and interest in furthering that, we are happy to look at and consider your application.

Fem, 

As for unique content, would that include playing with a controller that can be on screen thru a software, and playing the game in a silliest way possible?

 

(like the 81 knot shima, and then some)

Edited January 13 by Submarine_M1

 

 

rated properties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[ARP]
Members
807 posts
41,819 battles
18 minutes ago, Dezzis said:

 

 

rated properties?

I figured that I would unable to provide unique ideas for me to be a CC sadly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
15 posts
22,069 battles

Fem,

As I've applied and saw that you notify all applicants if they made the cut or not, and the deadline was 2/1, I haven't heard one way or the other yet. Did my application get lost in the email? ;)

Asking for a very close friend....ummmm....me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,696
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,271 posts
19,044 battles
16 hours ago, Salt_Miner said:

Fem,

As I've applied and saw that you notify all applicants if they made the cut or not, and the deadline was 2/1, I haven't heard one way or the other yet. Did my application get lost in the email? ;)

Asking for a very close friend....ummmm....me.

I'm still working on them!

Been a little slammed with events and what not. 

Hoping to get responses out by end of next week for all applicants.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2 posts
On 8/26/2019 at 3:36 PM, Edgecase said:

Huh. I have no plans to become a CC, but doesn't per-video/stream counting sort of stack the deck against creators who do lots of short content as opposed to a  filezilla rufus  me dium number of bigger ones? Or is that the point (because that's what analytics, etc. say works best for the audience overall)?

i was curious- would it be preferable that i make the content on my own? i have a roommate that interrupts me whenever i tried to stream, because he wanted attention, and i also take medication on the time that i wanted to stream, sadly.....and i would be (possibly) available on Wednesday and Fridays...

Edited by tefarita

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,549
[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,462 posts
17,580 battles
On 2/14/2020 at 8:52 AM, tefarita said:

i was curious- would it be preferable that i make the content on my own? i have a roommate that interrupts me whenever i tried to stream, because he wanted attention, and i also take medication on the time that i wanted to stream, sadly.....and i would be (possibly) available on Wednesday and Fridays

WG had a review panel on the applicants, it not hurt to send your .... who know if your contents are actually interesting and matched up with WG ....... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×