You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
contag10n

Ovenchicken Again?

41 comments in this topic

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
500 posts
11,337 battles

Looks like we have the chance to get some ovenchicken again. Nice 15 or captain, but seems a little pricy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles

@Kami The crates are also in the store, and we would appreciate early confirmation on whether the prize-winning missions in the crates have been reactivated, or whether this was accidentally copy-pasted from the previous event.

(Note that the compensation for all duplicate ships in these containers, premium or otherwise, is CREDITS. Compensation if you get the dual-national commander again is, however, doubloons.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[USCC]
Members
3,002 posts
13,776 battles

I somehow missed him the first time round, musta been working too much back then. 
I'll get him this time, was there always the two versions of him?

[USCC]
Members
3,002 posts
13,776 battles

I was curious about the crates, if I buy one, would the other pieces start to drop from regular daily crates like other collections?

[WOLFC]
Members
1,669 posts
9,497 battles

For me, the only interesting feature of this commander is the fact that he can helm both US and Soviet ships, allowing you to swap him between the two. I already have both “normal” US and Soviet versions of the commander, so while this is a neat feature, I will likely pass on this.

Btw, WG, since this shows that dual-nation commanders are possible and already coded into the game, when are you going to make RN and Commonwealth commanders interchangeable? 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,578 posts
15 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

For me, the only interesting feature of this commander is the fact that he can helm both US and Soviet ships, allowing you to swap him between the two. I already have both “normal” US and Soviet versions of the commander, so while this is a neat feature, I will likely pass on this.

Btw, WG, since this shows that dual-nation commanders are possible and already coded into the game, when are you going to make RN and Commonwealth commanders interchangeable? 

Are there two versions or something?

I got him from the event. He is on my Midway.  I just checked and I can only assign him to US ships.

[UFFA]
Members
2,112 posts
75 battles

8.6 and 8.7 have two separate crates so lets triple down and bring in another loot crate? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
23 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

I somehow missed him the first time round, musta been working too much back then. 
I'll get him this time, was there always the two versions of him?

There were four:

1) US-only Ovechkin in naval uniform. @Burnsy, this is the one you have.

2) Russian-only Ovechkin in naval uniform.

3) Binational Hockey Ovechkin.

4) Binational Halloween "I will F your zombie S--t up with my hockey stick of sharpened steel" Imperial Ovechkin (his very existence pointing to the fact that Tsarism seems not to be a crime in Russia any more).

One of the single-nation Ovechkins came from an in-game series of tasks and the other from the associated collection. The Binational Hockey Ovechkin was a random prize drop from the crates. The Imperial Zombie-Killing Ovechkin was money-on-the-table only.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,578 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There were four:

4) Binational Halloween "I will F your zombie S--t up with my hockey stick of sharpened steel" Imperial Ovechkin (his very existence pointing to the fact that Tsarism seems not to be a crime in Russia any more).

One of the single-nation Ovechkins came from an in-game series of tasks and the other from the associated collection. The Binational Hockey Ovechkin was a random prize drop from the crates. The Imperial Zombie-Killing Ovechkin was money-on-the-table only.

Ah, got it.  Thanks!

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles

If you were away for this event last year and missed getting the collection at all, ONE crate might be worth it to get the first piece and start it going. The final prize is a ten point USSR captain, and you get some guaranteed Draconic flags and one-shot camos for the cash outlay.

[USCC]
Members
3,002 posts
13,776 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There were four:

Thank you!, I couldn't decide which one to get, so I got both, can always use an extra 15pt captain :Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
Just now, SpudZero said:

I couldn't decide which one to get, so I got both, can always use an extra 15pt captain

The interesting part now lies in figuring out which ships you will cross-operate him in! :Smile_teethhappy: IIRC one of his skills is Survivability Expert Boost, which makes sense for both carriers and destroyers. I put my US Ovechkin in a battleship, but that was because it was easier than grinding another 10 pointer from scratch when I started that line. The coloured tracers are nice.

[FEM]
Supertester
275 posts
8,880 battles

This is also the first time that Lexington perma camo is directly sold.

Edited by tmGrunty

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,277 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@Kami The crates are also in the store, and we would appreciate early confirmation on whether the prize-winning missions in the crates have been reactivated, or whether this was accidentally copy-pasted from the previous event.

(Note that the compensation for all duplicate ships in these containers, premium or otherwise, is CREDITS. Compensation if you get the dual-national commander again is, however, doubloons.)

Hey Ensign_Cthulhu,

Yes, you will have a chance to get the missions again. They will be active until October 31st. 

Note: If you get a missions for a ship that you already own, you will get credits, port slot and a commander. You can only receive each mission once.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
20 minutes ago, tmGrunty said:

This is also the first time that Lerxington perma camo is directly sold.

I missed that on first look; good pick.

Financial breakdown (all costs in Canadian dollars).

Package (Lexington Ice and Flame camo, 14 days Warships premium): $28.97, so let's break that down into components.

Cost of the premium time if bought on its own: $11.83 (That's 85 Canadian cents per day.)

Claimed value of the camo: (i.e. what they will pay out as duplicate compensation), 3750 Doubloons or $22.92 (using Any Amount of Doubloons option)

Actual, functional value of the camo if you don't already have it: (i.e. what you would pay for a standard T8 permacamo that has exactly the same bonuses): 3000 doubloons, or $18.64 (3K doubloon package cost in shop).

If you go by the actual value of the camo in functional terms, the value of this package is $30.47 in nett value of components, so you're getting your money's worth and then a touch more.

If you go by the duplicate-compensation value of the camo, it's $34.75 and quite a significant deal better than its components, if you consider the components worthwhile (premium time is far cheaper per day in larger amounts, and especially on 50% off specials; the call is yours).

As always, do the sums in your local currency on your own server and in your own region.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,537 battles
34 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Thank you!, I couldn't decide which one to get, so I got both, can always use an extra 15pt captain :Smile_teethhappy:

I got 3 of the 4 originally. I passed on buying the Czar one as it was too $$$ the 1st time around. I just got it now as it was a 15pt Capt + 30 days premium for $49 USD. That is a good deal for sure. Not that I need PT (now up to 1246 days OY! :Smile_facepalm:). Grabbed a few of the crates too as I can always use dragon flags and the camo's are pretty good and the Lexington camo dropped as well as Leningrad and Abruzzi missions (already have them both so just credits but oh well). So I did quite well.

EDIT - Czar Capt went on Vladivostok. Have 19pt Capt's on the T10 (Kuznetsov)  and T9 (Znamensky) so dropped it on the T8. Thought about using him on US but RU seems more appropriate.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

a few of the crates

How many is "A Few"? I am actually tempted to take my chances, as the only one of these ships I own is the Scharnhorst and I could actually use the credits if I scored the duplicate.

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,537 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How many is "A Few"? I am actually tempted to take my chances, as the only one of these ships I own is the Scharnhorst and I could actually use the credits if I scored the duplicate.

2X7

1X7 dropped the camo and the other 1X7 dropped the 2 ship missions

I got them for the flags and regular camo and anything else was a bonus. I still think WG should do doubloon compensation for the dup's. IT is such a rip off that they do credits but it is what it is.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
500 posts
11,337 battles

I'm only missing the tzar commander and not sure he's worth $50 atm. Have over a year of PT and enough special flags to get me through clan wars. Alabama is the only ship I'm missing and she is not a priority.

so I say all that mean I'll pass on Ovenchicken this season. 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
6 minutes ago, contag10n said:

so I say all that mean I'll pass on Ovenchicken this season. 

"Ovechkin Rejected For Draft; Fans In Shock." :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[APES]
Members
1,489 posts
8,427 battles

So $37 for a unique captain.  Wow.  How does this make any sense?  I earned two of them back when we did the missions, but what is so special?

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,909 battles
2 hours ago, contag10n said:

Looks like we have the chance to get some ovenchicken again. Nice 15 or captain, but seems a little pricy.

+1 for the "ovenchicken" quote … 

And yes, if it's WG - it's Pricey :)

It seems like WGs attitude is if they can't sell the ships, they're gonna sell the camos and captains real hard!

Edited by Commander_367

[-BUI-]
Members
2,030 posts
5,697 battles

He is pricey, but he is also the best USN CV captain in the game.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
22 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

So $37 for a unique captain.  Wow.  How does this make any sense?  I earned two of them back when we did the missions, but what is so special?

The fact that he comes with 15 points and can be operated in both US and Soviet ships.

The only problem I see with this is that the build which is good in one may not be good in the other (EDIT: particularly if you put him in CV to make use of the boosted Survivability Expert skill). Also, unless you're using premium ships, you would have to pay for his retraining (in doubloons or elite commander XP) if you wanted to take full and frequent advantage of his cross-operability. I've done it - I've created 19 pointers for particular nations which work acceptably well in all premium ships I own of that nation, all the better to mine ECXP with - but never across two completely different nations. Whether some other person is willing or able to do that is up to them.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Confused 1