You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

WG: I would happily grind a mission chain instead of selling my line for the Research Bureau. Please do it this way instead!

115 comments in this topic

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

The more I think about the NTC, the more I think I'm not going to do any of them. The most simple reason is that I don't want to sell my line of ships.

And the problem to this is trivial. Instead of blowing away an entire line, make a mission chain where you need the exact XP in each stage required to unlock the next ship and all of the ship modules.  Now players are still required to grind the mission chains in order (so T1 then T2 then T3, etc) but don't have to lose access to their existing ships, respecing captains, etc.

Everyone would much prefer this and you would see considerably more adoption of the NTC post-release. The stated goals of the NTC primarily were around giving players things to grind and reasons to encourage playing lower tier ships. This small change would satisfy those goals completely.

Please WG, make this change before releasing the NTC/Research Bureau! :cap_horn: 

... then again, if the whole goal of this is to burn through free XP and get people to buy "easy grind" bundles in the whale-shop, I guess maybe there's no hope for a sensible implementation

• Cool 33

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

playing lower tier is  bunch of lies when you consider that most of the matches will be in t8/9.    WG  just want you to respec captain and rebuy ships for credit sink.    They could just as easily just have cost of captain xp as well as credit if you want to skip it.    

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
8 minutes ago, centarina said:

playing lower tier is  bunch of lies when you consider that most of the matches will be in t8/9.    WG  just want you to respec captain and rebuy ships for credit sink.    They could just as easily just have cost of captain xp as well as credit if you want to skip it.    

Honestly, the primary thing about this whole debacle that irritates me has nothing to do with the proposed buffs turned into the current thing.

It's that WG seems to be blatantly lying about why they are doing it.

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

The NTC goals are pretty simple to me...

Give players incentive to blow a ton of free xp, doubloons and credits.

Give players with most of the lines complete something to do.

Provide a way for them to release new ships without people getting it day 1.

That's about it for me.

• Cool 2

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,582 posts

I agree with OP.

I will probably not be choosing to reset any lines as part of this new bureau.

I would however consider working towards a personal mission of 1,000,000 modified XP attached to each TX ship in a similar manner to the legendary modules

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
22,572 battles

I still can not believe there is a group of people at Wargaming who were actually trying to figure out how to increase the grind of the game........ Then they come up with NTC, proposed it to others who agreed with them and everyone thought this would be a good addition to the game that players would enjoy................................  Such stupidity is epic. 

• Cool 7

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,773 battles

I dont think you lose your current captians, just the ship and modules.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,789 posts
4,631 battles
16 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

The stated goals of the NTC primarily were around giving players things to grind and reasons to encourage playing lower tier ships.

4 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

It's that WG seems to be blatantly lying about why they are doing it.

The "playing lower tier" thing is probably not the primary reason.  It *is* a valid goal, and some players will do it, as had been amply attested right here.  It is not a lie.

So which o f the other reasons is a lie?

• eat excess FXP and Credits
  • give terminal players something new to achieve

?

[Drive scrubs mad cuz they can't get the new ships?]

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

I still can not believe there is a group of people at Wargaming who were actually trying to figure out how to increase the grind of the game........ Then they come up with NTC, proposed it to others who agreed with them and everyone thought this would be a good addition to the game that players would enjoy................................  Such stupidity is epic. 

I mean, I think the idea/goals, as stated, by WG, are good. I keep clarifying the "as stated" because the implementation is such a poor means to meet those goals that I can't help but believe there are other goals which haven't been articulated.

I agree. It won't make me play lower tiers more. It will just make me not bother doing anything.

• Cool 1

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

The "playing lower tier" thing is probably not the primary reason.  It *is* a valid goal, and some players will do it, as had been amply attested right here.  It is not a lie.

So which o f the other reasons is a lie?

• eat excess FXP and Credits
  • give terminal players something new to achieve

?

[Drive scrubs mad cuz they can't get the new ships?]

They haven't said officially the goal is to "eat excess FXP and credits."

It's always about end game content and encouraging people to play lower tiers.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,789 posts
4,631 battles
1 minute ago, Skuggsja said:

I dont think you lose your current captians, just the ship and modules.

Existing captains go to reserve.  Existing Elite XP goes to Tier 1, where it is still usable.

Ships and modules are sold. Upgrades are dismounted to Inventory.  [What am I forgetting?]

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
35 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

The more I think about the NTC, the more I think I'm not going to do any of them. The most simple reason is that I don't want to sell my line of ships.

And the problem to this is trivial. Instead of blowing away an entire line, make a mission chain where you need the exact XP in each stage required to unlock the next ship and all of the ship modules.  Now players are still required to grind the mission chains in order (so T1 then T2 then T3, etc) but don't have to lose access to their existing ships, respecing captains, etc.

Everyone would much prefer this and you would see considerably more adoption of the NTC post-release. The stated goals of the NTC primarily were around giving players things to grind and reasons to encourage playing lower tier ships. This small change would satisfy those goals completely.

Please WG, make this change before releasing the NTC/Research Bureau! :cap_horn: 

... then again, if the whole goal of this is to burn through free XP and get people to buy "easy grind" bundles in the whale-shop, I guess maybe there's no hope for a sensible implementation

You, me, and a lot of people.

No way I'm selling ships I kept for a reason, just to chose between regrinding them or spending money to convert "Free" XP.

But I'd actually play those ships to complete missions, since I already play those ships quite a bit -- I'd lose my mind doing nothing but tier X.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,067 posts
36,061 battles
26 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Then they compound it by releasing this idea to near universal condemnation... and then running with it anyway.

Enderland's proposal is excellent, so you know they won't adopt it.

I can't see myself selling any of the ship lines I have, I especially don't like deleting my stats, which I earned.

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,638 posts
11,371 battles
50 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

And the problem to this is trivial. Instead of blowing away an entire line, make a mission chain where you need the exact XP in each stage required to unlock the next ship and all of the ship modules.  

I suggested it on day one,and I like the idea more and more...one thing I am sure of, with the system as it is now, I won't spend a second trying for it.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Then they compound it by releasing this idea to near universal condemnation... and then running with it anyway.

Enderland's proposal is excellent, so you know they won't adopt it.

I can't see myself selling any of the ship lines I have, I especially don't like deleting my stats, which I earned.

We've been saying "just give us missions across a spread of tiers" since the original idea came out. 

WG shows no signs of listening.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
22,572 battles
9 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I did not know about this, now it all makes sense. For years people have been whining about resetting stats, this was Wargaming's solution. Now I understand fully why we have come to where we are and who the target audience for this silliness.... 

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,898 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

I don't think that you'd necessarily want or need to respec your captains, though you would need to respecialize them, if you wanted to use your 19 point tier 10 captain.  But I think that if you intended to regrind a line the long way, you might be better off in the long run just putting in a new captain or some spare 10 point captain you have laying around and just building another high skill captain without paying to move your tier 10 captain around.  In the long run, you'd probably pay the same in respecialization costs, but you'd be building a new captain during the grind.  On the flip side, some would argue that if you did use your 19 point captain for the long hard grind, you'd be building up a lot of elite captain's XP.  Both are true, but it might be more fun to just build up a new captain.  Opinions on this would vary, no doubt.

But this is definitely a credit sink, since to maximize the new currency earnings, you have to play at least one battle at each tier along the grind, which of course requires you to rebuy each of the ships.

Overall, I absolutely loathe this NTC nonsense.

[5IN]
Members
132 posts
25,119 battles

In my opinion 

The research bureau mechanic is designed the way it is so that the whales will pay $$ to convert xp to free xp so they can skip the regrind. Taking the ships away is key to getting people to spend the free xp to get them back quicker, and ultimately getting that new T10 ship. There will be people with these new ships the day they become available, and that's OK with me. WG needs to buy shoes for their kids too. 

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,789 posts
4,631 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

What ??  W T F are you talking about?  Which stats?  You mean Elite XP?  Hardly "stats".

Look, you guys.  Which of you has actually DONE a reset?  Not a one.  I keep seeing bogus assertions, and this is the reason.

Personally, I wouldn't do one for real.  If you don't want to, that's fine.  But where is all this bulls#t about lying and ulterior motives coming from?  I'll tell you where, it's because there are ships you want that you don't want to do the requirements to get!  That's all this is.

Children.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
2 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Provide a way for them to release new ships without people getting it day 1.

lol there will be some that get the new ships day 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,067 posts
36,061 battles
55 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

What ??  W T F are you talking about?  Which stats?  You mean Elite XP?  Hardly "stats".

Look, you guys.  Which of you has actually DONE a reset?  Not a one.  I keep seeing bogus assertions, and this is the reason.

Personally, I wouldn't do one for real.  If you don't want to, that's fine.  But where is all this bulls#t about lying and ulterior motives coming from?  I'll tell you where, it's because there are ships you want that you don't want to do the requirements to get!  That's all this is.

Children.

Jesus Duck. Thats totally uncalled for.

As I understand when you sell off a line the stats are reset. I dont want that.

As for the rest of your putrid crap, read the debates. Then you wont look like an utter idiotic manchild.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
22,572 battles
6 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Jesus Duck.

And I can now add this to my growing WoWS forum vocabulary.... I like it!

• Funny 2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,789 posts
4,631 battles
30 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

As I understand when you sell off a line the stats are reset. I dont want that.

And I wouldn't either.  Where are you getting this?

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
40 minutes ago, Ozium said:

lol there will be some that get the new ships day 1

If someone wants to spend upwards of 4 million to 5 million free xp, and several hundred million credits to do that....so be it.