You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ElectroVeeDub

Is Greif Reporting CV's a thing?

26 comments in this topic

Members
1,872 posts

So... I just got my first chat ban in-game ever in 4 years of playing! I'm kinda proud. The ban wasn't even for very long... :)

But the odd part is I rarely say anything in match.

I'm usually too busy to take the time to type anything playing a DD or CV. I can't afford to take my hand off ASDW for long. Not to mention most of the things said in-game usually just consists of whining, fighting, blaming or just plain drivel. I honestly rarely even type at all. Half the time I don't even read the chat.

So I'm a bit confused as to why. Now, in these forums I've noticed a practice from DD/CV haters that literally encourage each-other to randomly report CV's. Why? Because they're in a CV. That's the only reason why. It's just to grief. Unsaid players have even created Troll accounts with names that encourage such griefing...

Has anybody else here ever been chat banned for no apparent reason? Lost Karma maybe? Is it just me orrr....?

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles

happens all the time. note the all the names of both teams and submit a support ticket with the replay reporting them all for harassment. The violators name field will hold all 15 or 23 names.

Don't use chat at all though to accent that the malicious reports that drew the ban were unfounded. Insist the offenders be punished or even that their accounts be deleted.

• Cool 1

0 posts

short answer, yes, always has been

long answer, send a replay to WG to get your chat ban lifted.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

It takes reports over more than a single match so at a guess you had some of the same people in several matches. You can submit a support ticket, they have the chat logs, to get the ban over turned but being only a 24 hour ban, the ban will be over before support clears you but it won't be on your record later.

5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

short answer, yes, always has been

long answer, send a replay to WG to get your chat ban lifted.

Support has access to the chat logs and the replay would only cover one of the two or more matches being reported for chat misbehavior.

• Cool 1

Members
1,872 posts
16 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

happens all the time. note the all the names of both teams and submit a support ticket with the replay reporting them all for harassment. The violators name field will hold all 15 or 23 names.

Don't use chat at all though to accent that the malicious reports that drew the ban were unfounded. Insist the offenders be punished or even that their accounts be deleted.

Oh... I'm not even upset with the ban. I think it's kinda hilarious to be honest.

There was only 3 hours left on the ban. How long is a typical first offense ban for? I've never been banned ever.

I honestly speak so little in-game that I think I didn't notice the ban for maybe 24 hours. I'm not sure. I saw a New Orleans go broadside and get deleted in the worst way possible in the first 90-120 seconds of the game starting. So I was going to respond "WOW!"... and then I got the error message stating was banned and the timestamp on it stated the ban would be over in mere hours.

On top of that I think I played maybe 3 games yesterday. I didn't have time. So it's possible it was from the night before while grinding CV's?

So submitting a replay is impossible for me because I couldn't even pinpoint when I was reported. Not to mention I doubt I have replays enabled...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[SALVO]
Members
24,828 posts
25,916 battles

Gotta watch out for General Griefous.  He doesn't like carriers, and will try to get their players chat banned to deny them their Jedi like mind powers.  :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,828 posts
25,916 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It takes reports over more than a single match so at a guess you had some of the same people in several matches. You can submit a support ticket, they have the chat logs, to get the ban over turned but being only a 24 hour ban, the ban will be over before support clears you but it won't be on your record later.

Support has access to the chat logs and the replay would only cover one of the two or more matches being reported for chat misbehavior.

It would be nice if you could submit a ticket to support on a false chat ban and get those making misbehavior in chat reports punished.  This would be particularly apropos if the person who got the chat ban never said a single word in chat during the battle in question.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles

30 Replays are saved automatically in the program folder sub folder replays. Drag and drop the file into the place on the support ticket.

Reporting such abusers is the only way to stop them.

Members
210 posts
1,279 battles

There is an user literally named report cvs, honestly is hilariously childish, i think ive met him once but was on my team (he was driving a hindenburg and div with a kremlin) so i shouldnt ap citadel him to death and a guy named camp with muppets literally asked both teams sunk their cvs (of course i was one), i rocketed him and took maybe half of his hp:cap_haloween:

Members
1,872 posts
1 minute ago, taberuco said:

There is an user literally named report cvs, honestly is hilariously childish, i think ive met him once but was on my team (he was driving a hindenburg and div with a kremlin) so i shouldnt ap citadel him to death and a guy named camp with muppets literally asked both teams sunk their cvs (of course i was one), i rocketed him and took maybe half of his hp:cap_haloween:

Yeah, I know that guy. He trolls people quite a bit on these forums in a very polite fashion. Anybody who has anything positive to say about the CV rework get some sort of a smart assed comment.

There's some pretty sick puppies in these forums who will do anything to cause a disturbance for anybody who tries a CV. That's why I'll grind up a T10 CV and repeatedly torp them all game long. That's a 2-way street they're on.  :)

But aside from submitting replays and a ticket... I'm having a hard time imagining how false reports could be stopped. I imagine it would be a bit of a nightmare for WG support staff to handle...

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It would be nice if you could submit a ticket to support on a false chat ban and get those making misbehavior in chat reports punished.  This would be particularly apropos if the person who got the chat ban never said a single word in chat during the battle in question.

Fairly long ago game wise the RU WoWP devs banned something like 1500 players from using the in game reporting system and they even named and shamed! So they do watch but I feel that the best way to stop or at least reduce false reports would be to require a written, 15 - 25 word minimum reason for the report.

8 minutes ago, taberuco said:

You should watch the naming and shaming even in the form you used but yeah he is a piece of work and he either changed his name again or got permabanned.

[SALVO]
Members
24,828 posts
25,916 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Fairly long ago game wise the RU WoWP devs banned something like 1500 players from using the in game reporting system and they even named and shamed! So they do watch but I feel that the best way to stop or at least reduce false reports would be to require a written, 15 - 25 word minimum reason for the report.

Honestly, Brush, I think that the best way to severely reduce false reports would be to remove in game reporting, and require any reports be via customer support tickets.  People would have to think twice about submitting false reports, even without a risk of punishment for false reports, since they'd have to decide if it was really worth their time to submit a support ticket over something they KNOW to be false.  Of course, adding in the potential for punishment for false reports would definitely spice up the risk of blowback. 

Members
1,872 posts
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You should watch the naming and shaming even in the form you used but yeah he is a piece of work and he either changed his name again or got permabanned.

I think he's still here. I recall seeing him post something either yesterday or day before.

You can find him in most threads concerning CV's/AA ... along with a bunch of other regular trolls. I know one of them got Dev Struck by a moderator twice for calling people idiots. I think he's on his last leg in the forums. Of course I'm just guessing.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
1 minute ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Yeah, I know that guy. He trolls people quite a bit on these forums in a very polite fashion. Anybody who has anything positive to say about the CV rework get some sort of a smart assed comment.

There's some pretty sick puppies in these forums who will do anything to cause a disturbance for anybody who tries a CV. That's why I'll grind up a T10 CV and repeatedly torp them all game long. That's a 2-way street they're on.  :)

But aside from submitting replays and a ticket... I'm having a hard time imagining how false reports could be stopped. I imagine it would be a bit of a nightmare for WG support staff to handle...

The plays poorly only impacts the meaningless karma points. It is the misbehavior in chat reports that are the issue and the only way I see of reducing them is what I said above as most won't spend the time to write something particularly when they know they are the ones that are lying.

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,728 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No reason you can't, abusing a game system to grieve people is against the rules, and if WG gets enough information, they may slap someone upside the head, or change how the system works. It's assured they will do nothing if they don't know.

I get reported all the time in CV, in my Graf Zeppelin it's kinda a mark of pride, I don't care until they start PMing me after a match to spout profanities at me, then I'll go though the trouble of making a ticket. If WG does anything about them, cool, if not, I did my part.

Being that my Karma has been slowly going up, it's not a big deal, obviously being a team player counts for more that some child with hurt feelings.

Members
1,872 posts
2 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

No reason you can't, abusing a game system to grieve people is against the rules, and if WG gets enough information, they may slap someone upside the head, or change how the system works. It's assured they will do nothing if they don't know.

I get reported all the time in CV, in my Graf Zeppelin it's kinda a mark of pride, I don't care until they start PMing me after a match to spout profanities at me, then I'll go though the trouble of making a ticket. If WG does anything about them, cool, if not, I did my part.

Being that my Karma has been slowly going up, it's not a big deal, obviously being a team player counts for more that some child with hurt feelings.

You get head-cases private messaging you after the game too?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
3 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I think he's still here. I recall seeing him post something either yesterday or day before.

You can find him in most threads concerning CV's/AA ... along with a bunch of other regular trolls. I know one of them got Dev Struck by a moderator twice for calling people idiots. I think he's on his last leg in the forums. Of course I'm just guessing.

You are correct, the stat lookup is case sensitive. He is an elitist that would gladly bum rush everyone of average or below skill out.

Members
1,872 posts
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You are correct, the stat lookup is case sensitive. He is an elitist that would gladly bum rush everyone of average or below skill out.

I'm perfectly capable of bum-rushing them back. They've accomplished nothing in-game I have not. They will be rudely surprised facing an equally skilled player.

All they're doing is throwing gasoline on my fire. It just motivates me further to progress with CV lines. I never enjoyed CV's until 0.8.0 and I find the trolls amusing. :)

The best way to repay the favor is to get a T10 CV and feed them more of what they hate the most. :)

[HEROS]
Members
1,992 posts
17,635 battles

to quote Khan... "Let them eat static"

I got chat banned for 72 hours last year... I went and found another game to play for a week.  Some one tried to get me banned yesterday.  DIdn't like my attitude.. He reported me for chat violations..  I let him eat static.. no reply in chat what so wever.. I however reported him for "unsporting conduct"  betcha my complaint/report takes long before his does.

There are some stupid petty people who play this game with the manners of a spoiled indulged underage child.  The report CV guy is one of em.  

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,586 posts
15,718 battles

Watched a stat shaming today that come back and bit the stat shamer. A Conq that had a good game going.  Out of the blue started stat shaming the team CV. It went back and forth until the CV TK'd the guy in the Conq. Was stupid on both parts. Team still got the win but was pointless.

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,728 battles
2 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

You get head-cases private messaging you after the game too?

Only happened once, and what was even funnier, I didn't even have that good of a game. Wonder if the language would have been more colorful if it had been one of my crazier games.

Members
1,872 posts
1 hour ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Only happened once, and what was even funnier, I didn't even have that good of a game. Wonder if the language would have been more colorful if it had been one of my crazier games.

It's happened to me probably 10 times in the past year alone. Usually from BB mains that I sunk with a DD in high tier or ranked game-play. They seem to get incredibly offended at the idea that their giant BB got schooled by a DD.  Usually it wasn't even torps I used to kill them. I'd BBQ them alive and use WASD hax to just plain outgun them. I think my Leningrad and Haida pissed off the most amount of people :)

I had to block some of them because they'd keep messaging multiple times for upwards 2 hours after the round was finished.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub