You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ddoubletapp1

Halsey In Georgia?

16 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
877 posts
11,895 battles

Just about have enough coal for Georgia - and almost enough stars for Halsey.

I did a quick search - but didn't come up with much - just wondering if anyone is running this set-up - and if so, are the confed perks worthwhile on a battleship (Georgia and Halsey will be full secondary spec, if I pair them) - or are those perks better used on a CA/CL?

Thanks in advance!

[TDD]
Members
1,170 posts
9,319 battles

I have Halsey in my Alaska and one of the Doe's in Georgia, the other in Missouri they all work well for me

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,071 posts
18 minutes ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

I did a quick search - but didn't come up with much - just wondering if anyone is running this set-up - and if so, are the confed perks worthwhile on a battleship (Georgia and Halsey will be full secondary spec, if I pair them) - or are those perks better used on a CA/CL?

Thanks in advance!

15 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

I have Halsey in my Alaska and one of the Doe's in Georgia, the other in Missouri they all work well for me

In my case I use  Halsey in my  Massachusetts A and B

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,088 posts
18,898 battles

Halsey's driving my Montana and takes a my Georgia out for a sporting drive every now and then.

• Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,133 posts
4,964 battles
52 minutes ago, Lert said:

Halsey's driving my Montana and takes a my Georgia out for a sporting drive every now and then.

:Smile_great:

Personally I am not a secondary guy, but I wont argue with anyone who wants to do so on their Georgia. Halsey is a great BB captain, and a stellar Alaska cap. Imo a secondary build Halsey would be a waste of a great guy, but if you want that boosted EM on Georgia, go for it. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
877 posts
11,895 battles

Thank you for the replies.

It's possible I'm confused, as I've been away from the game for a year - but doesn't Halsey activate an increased rate of fire after gaining the Confederate reward - or am I confusing him with another special commander?

If I am correct, does the loading rate increase affect the secondaries, or just the main guns?

[SRBL]
Members
481 posts
11,568 battles

I have Halsey in my Alaska and a separate 19pt captain in Georgia. What skills are you thinking of running as I find the benefit of him in the former ship with the ability to rapidly change shells is much more important than it is for the latter and I don't want to waste their special skills by not selecting them.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,079 posts
9,336 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 9:59 PM, ddoubletapp1 said:

Thank you for the replies.

It's possible I'm confused, as I've been away from the game for a year - but doesn't Halsey activate an increased rate of fire after gaining the Confederate reward - or am I confusing him with another special commander?

If I am correct, does the loading rate increase affect the secondaries, or just the main guns?

The two basic skill buffs are as follows;

1) expert loader 1pt skill - reduced time when switching shell type between he and ap which only affects main guns

2) expert marksman 2pt skill - increased turret traverse speed 

The other buffs are purely situational and as such are not guaranteed.  Also keep in mind the basic skill buffs only work if you spend the skill points to activate them when you build your captain.   With that said if you do not plan on running both EL and EM I would not use Halsey for that ship.  

I use the same captain for my Massachusetts and my Georgia.  I used to run an ifhe build but after the announcement of planned nerf to ifhe I have taken advantage of the free respec to try different builds.  The one I am enjoying the most at the moment is as follows 

PT, PM, EL

AR

BFT, SI

AFT, MFCS

As you can see Expert marksman is not on the list so I am using Halsey elsewhere.   I know everyone plays ships their own way and as new as the Georgia is we are still learning her quirks however I find she does her best work in the 9-11 km range just like the Massachusetts.   At that distance her standard traverse speed is more than adequate imo.  The added buff to reload time from adrenaline rush is much more beneficial. 

Edited by HallaSnackbar
  • Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
877 posts
11,895 battles
9 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

The two basic skill buffs are as follows;

Thank you for the very well thought out reply.

There's a lot to process there - and some very good points made.

I still have a bit before I have enough coal for Georgia - so I have some time to mull it over.

Thanks again!

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
877 posts
11,895 battles
10 hours ago, Tom_Greg said:

I have Halsey in my Alaska and a separate 19pt captain in Georgia. What skills are you thinking of running as I find the benefit of him in the former ship with the ability to rapidly change shells is much more important than it is for the latter and I don't want to waste their special skills by not selecting them.

That's a good point.

If I had Alaska - I would definately put him to work there, alas - I don't play ranked or competitive, so it's unlikely to ever enter my port.

And you're right, EL is a wasted skill on a BB.

I do have John Doe (ex-Seagal) in my DM and use that perk frequently on that ship.

[SRBL]
Members
481 posts
11,568 battles
7 hours ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

That's a good point.

If I had Alaska - I would definately put him to work there, alas - I don't play ranked or competitive, so it's unlikely to ever enter my port.

And you're right, EL is a wasted skill on a BB.

I do have John Doe (ex-Seagal) in my DM and use that perk frequently on that ship.

Just so you have an idea, I'm running PT, PM, AR, SI, IFHE, AFT and MS on my Georgia captain. Roughly a 60% win rate in randoms with around 130 battles. 

[FFLY]
Members
183 posts
13,666 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 3:51 PM, ddoubletapp1 said:

Thanks in advance!

I have Halsey in my Georgia/mass.   I did so for the extra turret traverse.   I really hate to wait on them to turn to fire...lol

[THOR]
Members
460 posts
6,073 battles

I have Halsey with a survival build on Montanna. This way counting Premiums this 19 captain can go on 6 bb and enjoy all that elite captain xp. 

[BIER]
Members
463 posts
6,918 battles

EL is not a waste on the French BBs (at least, Richeliu, Jean Bart, or Republic). Having the right ammo is really important given their small number of guns.

But yeah, on every other BB, it's not really useful.