Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SonicAnatidae

Quick tips for Defense of Naval Station Newport

10 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
161 posts
2,792 battles

Lightinger and others have done a great job of demonstrating and explaining tactics in the Scenarios. 

However, last night, the following happened and I realized that we need something simpler. Much, much simpler. Let's forget things like shoot the DDs first. We need to step back a bit from that. That's a bit much for some "people" with Tier 6 ships. If this forum supported a crayon font, this post would be in that.

Note: If I sound bitter, it's mostly because I am. What's funny is normally bad play doesn't bother me, but FFS. 

1. When someone is using an island for cover, the very worst thing another "friendly" player can do is this. Specifically I'm talking to the mouth-breathing idiot in the Normandie that did this last night and thought it was a great idea!

Tip: It's stupid, inconsiderate and makes the person you screwed want to choke you and your dog. 

Spoiler

4Ls6NNl.png

2. When a DD is lighting up the red ships. You know, the ones you're supposed to be shooting.

S.H.O.O.T. T.H.E.M.

Default is left mouse button. If you can't find that, then I suggest you shut down the PC, box it up and return it. Tell them you're too stupid to own a PC. 

This tip should be common sense when someone is driving a ship with guns, but my experience last night proved the exact opposite, across multiple games. 

Spoiler

xCMDE1c.png

Edited by SonicAnatidae
Corrected links
  • Funny 2

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles

Tip #2 (should be #1).  Don't play it with a random team, especially with signals and camos on unless you have time, signals and camos to waste.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
3,079 posts
6,590 battles
1 hour ago, Joe_918145 said:

Tip #3 is wait until next week to play OPs.

Nah, that's the potato answer! The unicum answer to Newport as operation of the week is to division up and play Narai!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
551 posts
10,276 battles
20 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Nah, that's the potato answer! The unicum answer to Newport as operation of the week is to division up and play Narai!

week 35 [*] of playing narai, I'm getting a bit tired of it

placeholder for number of weeks passed since we lost the other operations

Edited by evanr1940
  • Funny 1

[DTB]
Members
264 posts

What is a winning strategy for Newport?

Videos on web tell me to go out as a group and kill the waves before they get close.

People in the OP always say to stay in circle.

In the latter I've almost always seen a loss.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
454 posts
20,119 battles
1 hour ago, DracoTB said:

Videos on web tell me to go out as a group and kill the waves before they get close.

Division up with the Hoperations guys or guys in your clan that want to play it.  For me, I like the freedom of random teams as I can play when I want to rather than when others can play.  Unfortunately, Newport is a waste of flags, camo, and premium consumables as the win rate with random team is horrific.

[DTB]
Members
264 posts
21 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

Unfortunately, Newport is a waste of flags, camo, and premium consumables as the win rate with random team is horrific.

That's been my experience in my first week of playing it.

Although, one game did get a 5 star win.

[PVE]
Members
551 posts
10,276 battles
5 hours ago, DracoTB said:

if you go out too far you can do the damage to the current wave, but you may be too far to get the next group. If you stay in too close you can't do damage quickly enough, all the ships tend to be bow-on as they approach. So depending on speed of the ship you are in, stay around the edge. a bit out if you fast, a bit on the inside when you slow. And position yourself so you can get to the next group, preferably not bow-on.

[4HIM]
Members
3,013 posts
12,543 battles

Was kind of hoping that Narai would be the Op of the week while they have this mission to grind out 18MM credits.  But NOOOOOOOOOO.  They have to put up the WORST Op that's still in the lineup.  At least until Ultimate Flamethrower returns.  

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this