Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Snowstorms!

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
4,482 posts

I know I'm probably late to the party, but last night I got a match on Islands of Ice (epicenter)  with a snowstorm.   I thought it was pretty cool, and added a lot to the atmosphere.

Just pretended to be fighting a desperate battle in the North Sea in winter.   As an added bonus, I was in Seattle- so No bolts from the blue from 20+km away to crush my ship arbitrarily, lol.  Seattle is a friggin BEAST in close combat- as long as you aren't being focused by a bunch of BB's or CA's.  (that whole lightly armored thing, lol)

So, a positive thread for the front page!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,674 posts
21 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I know I'm probably late to the party, but last night I got a match on Islands of Ice (epicenter)  with a snowstorm.   I thought it was pretty cool, and added a lot to the atmosphere.

I sometimes just like to look up at the clouds in WOWS. The snowstorms are particularly impressive.  It's too bad that they don't make the waves match the weather though. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

agree some of the weather is done nicely

too bad they didn't implement some wave physics & motions, hiding/riding the swells or timing shots as wave crest would add some fun and frustration lol

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,852 posts
25,947 battles
2 hours ago, Ozium said:

agree some of the weather is done nicely

too bad they didn't implement some wave physics & motions, hiding/riding the swells or timing shots as wave crest would add some fun and frustration lol

I remember reading that WG felt that it wouldn't add anything to the game to have player's gun accuracy dropped by rougher seas.

I wouldn't mind rougher seas, even as a purely visual enhancement.

3 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Just pretended to be fighting a desperate battle in the North Sea in winter.   As an added bonus, I was in Seattle- so No bolts from the blue from 20+km away to crush my ship arbitrarily, lol.  Seattle is a friggin BEAST in close combat- as long as you aren't being focused by a bunch of BB's or CA's.  (that whole lightly armored thing, lol)

So, a positive thread for the front page!

I honestly wish that they'd make the storm cover the entire map.  Or in the alternative, have the heaviest part of the storm be the same as it is on that map, but then have a "lighter" storm present on the rest of the map, where visibility was dropped to, say, around 14-16 km.  Enough that it's not too punishing (i.e. the visibility would be greater than any ship's radar range), but does inhibit view range a little bit.  I think that it'd also be cool if the innate background sounds of a blizzard were in the air, i.e. the whistling gale force winds, snow dropping diagonally across your view screen, and so on.   Really amp up the environmental immersion.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,816 posts
4,631 battles
3 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I love the snowstorms.  But true to form, not long ago there was a really nasty thread here about them.  Apparently, one's optics icing up really freaks some people out.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,482 posts
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I remember reading that WG felt that it wouldn't add anything to the game to have player's gun accuracy dropped by rougher seas.

I wouldn't mind rougher seas, even as a purely visual enhancement.

I honestly wish that they'd make the storm cover the entire map.  Or in the alternative, have the heaviest part of the storm be the same as it is on that map, but then have a "lighter" storm present on the rest of the map, where visibility was dropped to, say, around 14-16 km.  Enough that it's not too punishing (i.e. the visibility would be greater than any ship's radar range), but does inhibit view range a little bit.  I think that it'd also be cool if the innate background sounds of a blizzard were in the air, i.e. the whistling gale force winds, snow dropping diagonally across your view screen, and so on.   Really amp up the environmental immersion.

Oh, I'd definitely be on board for that!

Members
1,674 posts
12,382 battles

Oh how i wish wave issues cause guns to be little off accurate, this game getting too plastic, need go back to being as close to realistic as possible.

Sign in to follow this