Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Was there any stats on the Rogue Wave event?

14 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,607 posts
19,739 battles

Just like this for the Victory Results.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/victory-results/

Has anyone seen anything on the post event for the Rogue Wave results? I just want to know how the battle mode worked out for WoWS players, such as how many destroyers were awarded.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,596 posts
1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

Has anyone seen anything on the post event for the Rogue Wave results? I just want to know how the battle mode worked out for WoWS players, such as how many destroyers were awarded.

Player numbers dropped during the event.....What else did you need to know? :Smile_teethhappy:

[SIDE]
Members
4,684 posts

I imagine:

10k people played 10 or less matches.

500 people played more than 50 matches.

25 people finished the event and successfully won a "free" mediocre tier 9.

That's my guess but I really didn't see any appeal to that particular event. I hope it was a smashing success but I dont see how or why.

Edited by thebigblue

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,362 battles
5 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

mediocre tier 9

Benham is mediocre? Lol, mkay

[SIDE]
Members
4,684 posts
1 minute ago, vak_ said:

Benham is mediocre? Lol, mkay

15 Torps is cool but...

No speed reload option like yugo (16 with a nice couple second gap in middle)

Not as good concealment as yugomo  or Jutland.

No hydro like Jutland.

Meh.

If you have one I'm happy for you and hope it was worth the time/cash sunk into it. I just didn't see a total package worth more to me than any of the available tech tree ships I grind through anyway.

[PRAVD]
Members
109 posts
2,894 battles
7 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

15 Torps is cool but...

No hydro like Jutland.

Meh.

If you have one I'm happy for you and hope it was worth the time/cash sunk into it. I just didn't see a total package worth more to me than any of the available tech tree ships I grind through anyway.

You forget that with AR, the benham's 16 torpedoes reload in under a minute :Smile_veryhappy:

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,362 battles
22 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

15 Torps is cool but...

No hydro like Jutland.

Meh.

16 torps, not 15. With a reload rate that's slightly over a minute (which can be further reduced with AR), and good enough torpedo range, stealth and damage, this alone firmly lifts the ship out of mediocre category. Though you do have to know how to play torpedo DDs well to truly make it shine, I suppose.

I'm honestly surprised they released the ship as it was in the last testing iteration, I personally thought it was just too OP. WG doing WG things, as usual.

[SIDE]
Members
4,684 posts
50 minutes ago, BiskitsNWaffles said:

You forget that with AR, the benham's 16 torpedoes reload in under a minute :Smile_veryhappy:

Nice. wasn't  sure many folks chose that skill anymore. That'll certainly put a lot of fish in the water!

[SIDE]
Members
4,684 posts
40 minutes ago, vak_ said:

16 torps, not 15. With a reload rate that's slightly over a minute (which can be further reduced with AR), and good enough torpedo range, stealth and damage, this alone firmly lifts the ship out of mediocre category. Though you do have to know how to play torpedo DDs well to truly make it shine, I suppose.

I'm honestly surprised they released the ship as it was in the last testing iteration, I personally thought it was just too OP. WG doing WG things, as usual.

Well hopefully neither the haves nor the have notes regret the ship.

One request for you Benham drivers... shoot the guy to my right or my left first. Lol.

Members
3,091 posts
6,663 battles
19 hours ago, MalignantNarcissist said:

I loved the Rogue Wave mode. I probably played 10 to 15 matches a day. I'd love to see my stats.

I also really enjoyed the Rogue Wave mode, but we're a distinct minority.

I did pick up Benham as well, had to buy just a few crates for it. I find it a fairly forgiving (for Tier IX) ship. To this point Tier VIII is the highest tech tree ship I have, and Benham is my only Tier IX+. I'm no unicum in it, but I have had many solidly respectable games, and it's a great credit earner.

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

I only managed about 6 or so games myself, first few I tried to enjoy it, last two I just tried to see if there was a realistic way to grind it but by then I just didn't want to touch it again.

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
213 posts
10,706 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 9:24 AM, Tpaktop2_1 said:

On 8/8/2019 at 12:05 PM, thebigblue said:

I imagine:

10k people played 10 or less matches.

500 people played more than 50 matches.

25 people finished the event and successfully won a "free" mediocre tier 9.

That's my guess but I really didn't see any appeal to that particular event. I hope it was a smashing success but I dont see how or why.

Me and my normal division mates got the Benham and Hill for free.  The only hard part was the Dailies grind, however we powered through it (then took a longish break afterward).  Benham is fun, so saying it was worth it

Also enjoyed the Savage Battles mode, co-op game times with Random rewards for either captain trainers or oodles of Elite Commander XP

Abbye

Sign in to follow this