You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cgbosn4

Help understanding "Random Bundles" to get the MOGADOR

37 comments in this topic

[USCG]
Members
576 posts
19,956 battles

Morning,

Trying to wrap my head around the armory's random bundles to get the MOGADOR...

Once I clear all my "Symbols of France" I'll have 260 in stage four where you need 500.  If I purchase the SIROCO ($27.49 which I get back as 3,500 dubs if I complete the current mission) and complete the 15,000 XP mission I pick up 250 French tokens and can move to the final random bundle section.  This is where it gets muddy for me...

I know there are 30 random bundles.  Each random bundle costs 1,000 dubs. I know you can see what each bundle contains before you buy it. My question is do you have to buy them in order (buy one to see the contents of the next bundle) or do you get to bounce around and look at the contents off all and select what you want? Does the contents of a random bundle change from day to day?  From the web site:

"Update 0.8.6 brings in a new temporary in-game currency that can be earned by players.  With the release of Update 0.8.6 the Armory will offer the sequentially available set of bundles in exchange for Republic Tokens.  Having obtained all these bundles, a special random bundle will become available for doubloons.  For random bundles all the rewards are visible in advance: the bundles’ contents and their amounts are displayed when viewing the currently available bundle.  After each random bundle exchange, one new random bundle opens out of 30 available.  One of the random bundles drops Tier IX French destroyer  IX Mogador with the French Navy permanent camouflage."

I just don't want to have to spend 30,000 in dubs to finally get the MOGADOR...

Help...  :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[CWM]
[CWM]
Members
609 posts
6,288 battles

You only see what’s in the next bundle. You’ll know if you’re getting the Mogador or not.  It took 21 for me. Someone got it on their second bundle. 

[O_O]
Members
6,442 posts
15,347 battles

I ground all the tokens I could.  I bought the first three token bundles, and have enough either for the fourth bundle or for a perma-camo.

Even if I go for the fourth bundle, and earn the privilege of spending 1,000 doubloons for a 1/30 chance at getting Mogador, I just won't be doing it.  Mogador is a tech tree ship.  I'll earn it eventually.  I sure as heck am not going to spend 1,000-30,000 doubloons just to get it early.

• Cool 2

[ARCO]
Members
833 posts
1,287 battles

So after getting all 4 packages with time currency Mogador is not sure? WOW!!!

Working for Siroco or new captain is worth of, for a Tech Tree ship you can always grind the line up to her any moment you will.

[USCG]
Members
576 posts
19,956 battles
2 minutes ago, Patosentado said:

Working for Siroco or new captain is worth of, for a Tech Tree ship you can always grind the line up to her any moment you will.

Agree. Just was looking to get a jumpstart on the grind. If I KNEW I would get it in my first random bundle than fine. If I have to wade through 20 at 20K in dubs, no thanks...

• Cool 1

[RCNW3]
Members
1,921 posts
19,081 battles

Bundles are not all that great, I bought one bundle to see if I could get lucky, second bundle shows up with credits and 12 flags - no interest in spending more for credits which I don't need and just 12 flags - but if you reallllllllllly want early access then it is however many you have to cycle through to hit the jackpot, one or 30, so $5 worth of doubloons or $150 is you are very unlucky

[SC]
Alpha Tester
233 posts
7,507 battles

Yes spend tokens on camo not the bundles. They are a waste and a cash grab by wg. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,596 posts
5 hours ago, Patosentado said:

It's absolutely sure....it just may cost 30k doubloons to find it....:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,588 posts
19,589 battles
6 hours ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

You only see what’s in the next bundle. You’ll know if you’re getting the Mogador or not.  It took 21 for me. Someone got it on their second bundle. 

yup i got lucky...second bundle

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,340 posts
19,557 battles

It's like a vending machine where you can see the bag of chips in front, but not the one behind it. If you buy the Nacho Cheese Doritos in the front of B5, you'll get the Nacho Cheese Doritos. You also know that somewhere in the B5 row, there's the Cool Ranch you really want. But you don't know how far back it is. It could be the bag right behind the Nacho Cheese. Or it could be in the very back. The only way to find out is to keep pumping money into the machine and accumulating a pile of chips you don't really want.

Or, you know, wait a month and just get it in the tech tree.

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[FU8AR]
Members
27 posts
18,683 battles

Can someone confirm that all my time and DB i.e money spent to get a Tier IX premium Mogador was a big waste of time since soon you can research it in the tech tree? And as a non premium I will then have to retrain a captain for it? wth? Motherfucking ripoff.

Edited by GenerallySpecific

Members
6 posts
4,809 battles

Holy crap. That is incredibly [edited].

After all that grinding, you still have spend real money, which could total over $100, to get a ship that is just a tech tree ship?

yeah, I'll be spending my tokens elsewhere.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,110 posts
14,317 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 9:32 PM, GenerallySpecific said:

Can someone confirm that all my time and DB i.e money spent to get a Tier IX premium Mogador was a big waste of time since soon you can research it in the tech tree? And as a non premium I will then have to retrain a captain for it? wth? Motherfucking ripoff.

If you had been paying attention then yes, you would have realised in advance that this is an early-release tech-tree ship.

Ideally, you would have come here first and asked before throwing doubloons at it.

If you got it in four tries or less, you paid for the permacamo and that's money worth spending at that tier.

Any more than that and you lost out, save for what you think the content in the other boxes was worth.

On 8/8/2019 at 12:39 PM, Seagrizzly said:

Yes spend tokens on camo not the bundles. They are a waste and a cash grab by wg. 

This depends on how many tokens you were able to farm off the ships in your port, plus whatever early releases they got or premiums tehy bought (Siroco and Bayard both have token missions).

Some people had enough to get all the permacamos and the bundles, and for them it wasn't a problem. I don't have enough even to get all the camos unless I unlock all four destroyers, in which case their tokens plus the Siroco's, plus what I could get out of my fleet will just get me there.

FOR ME, the camos had a clear superiority in long-term value because I'm beginning to like these ships and I'll probably play them long after they're ground out. For someone who sells a ship or parks it permanently once they've ground it, perhaps not so much.

On 8/8/2019 at 2:54 PM, Edgecase said:

It's like a vending machine where you can see the bag of chips in front, but not the one behind it. If you buy the Nacho Cheese Doritos in the front of B5, you'll get the Nacho Cheese Doritos. You also know that somewhere in the B5 row, there's the Cool Ranch you really want. But you don't know how far back it is. It could be the bag right behind the Nacho Cheese. Or it could be in the very back. The only way to find out is to keep pumping money into the machine and accumulating a pile of chips you don't really want.

Or, you know, wait a month and just get it in the tech tree.

That's the best analogy I've yet seen. On the other hand, you might LIKE some of the other flavours you pulled, but they're still not cool ranch. A more correct analogy is that you know the cool ranch packet (BUT NONE OTHER) has the collector card you want inside.

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,507 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 8:02 PM, GenerallySpecific said:

Yes, Mogador is, and always was, a tech tree ship. Not sure why you thought it was a premium?

In these early release events the ships you get through missions (T5-T8 this event or Mogador in the random doubloon bundles) come fully upgraded and are given premium status (for moving Capt's not earnings as I understand it). Once the event ends and the full line goes live the ships become standard tech tree ships.

In this event if you get Mogador in a bundle it comes with a 3pt Capt. If you use that Capt on it, when the line goes live/full, the Capt will stay as it was (assigned to Mogador w/ all XP/pts earned). If you are using a Capt from another ship on it then to keep that Capt on it once the line goes live/full you need to assign it and retrain it.

How it has always been. One of the few consistent things with WG in all honesty.

Also, FWIW to you, don't forget you got that free perma camo with Mogador which is a 4K doubloon value (normal perma anyway - these special ones have been 1K extra).

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Beta Testers
78 posts
11,635 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 6:59 AM, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

no [edited]way.

What a shameless greedy move by WG.

Beta Testers
78 posts
11,635 battles
On 8/10/2019 at 8:21 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

How it has always been. One of the few consistent things with WG in all honesty.

Not true.  This release a whole line with money grab etc is new.  Really it started with brit CVs?  And that was at the beginning of this year?

Used to be you'd grind an event and get a premium at the end.  Or you could buy the premium.  Which was fine, because some people have more time than money and vice versa. 

Then it moved to grind AND pay for a premium.  Or just buy the super overpriced premium admirals package.

Then it was grind the event for a TECH tree ship.  And you really needed to buy premium stuff to do the grinding.

Now it's grind AND pay for a random CHANCE at a TECH tree ship.  WG is definitely upping their money grab game. 

Greed is a slippery slope and it's real slippery and real slopey right now.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,441 battles

@HobGoblin0 No one is forcing anyone to participate in that offer. There is not now nor has there ever been a money grab! 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
78 posts
11,635 battles
10 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@HobGoblin0 No one is forcing anyone to participate in that offer. There is not now nor has there ever been a money grab! 

Haha go home fanboi.  I said money grab, not mugging.  That'll come later.  I'm saying the 1/30 chance part is the money grab.  I didn't have any problem with the rest of it, but that's just dirty.

mon·ey grab
noun
informal
noun: money grab; plural noun: money grabs
  1. an undignified or unprincipled acquisition of a large sum of money with little effort.
  • Boring 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,441 battles

@HobGoblin0 nonconstructive derisive abusive No one is acquiring large sums of money unless a player consciously decides to participate in the offer!

You insolent Cur! 

If you have a complaint then stop spreading blatant lies and submit a support ticket!

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
78 posts
11,635 battles
9 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@HobGoblin0 nonconstructive derisive abusive No one is acquiring large sums of money unless a player consciously decides to participate in the offer!

You insolent Cur! 

If you have a complaint then stop spreading blatant lies and submit a support ticket!

You received nonconstructive derision because you provided a nonconstructive response, Mr kettle.

$5 per attempt is a lot of money for what you get when it could require 30 attempts.  And all the rest of the packages contain nothing new.  They don't include chances at permanent camo, or other french destroyers.  Thus relatively large sums of money for little or no effort, therefor money grab is technically accurate.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,507 battles
1 hour ago, HobGoblin0 said:

Not true.  This release a whole line with money grab etc is new.  Really it started with brit CVs?  And that was at the beginning of this year?

Used to be you'd grind an event and get a premium at the end.  Or you could buy the premium.  Which was fine, because some people have more time than money and vice versa. 

Then it moved to grind AND pay for a premium.  Or just buy the super overpriced premium admirals package.

Then it was grind the event for a TECH tree ship.  And you really needed to buy premium stuff to do the grinding.

Now it's grind AND pay for a random CHANCE at a TECH tree ship.  WG is definitely upping their money grab game. 

Greed is a slippery slope and it's real slippery and real slopey right now.

You missed my point. I was specifically addressing the person I quoted who thought Mogador was an actual Premium. I explained the way WG has pretty much always done these early tech tree line releases. The acquisition method may be different for a few but once you have them it is all the same.

French BB, RU BB, and now French DD have all been the same basic format with Mogador being the exception acquiring it BUT NOT on how it is treated once you have it. Be it RU BB (crate mission), Mogador (purchased bundles), or British CV (Arsenal special currency) once you have them they are all treated exactly the same.

The point of my post was, once you get the ship it comes fully upgraded and is considered a premium (for Capt purposes not earnings) until the whole line goes live (next update) ONLY. Once the line goes live it becomes a regular tech tree ship. This has been done every time since the 1st event they did this in (French BB) regardless of how the ship was acquired.

So as I said, WG has been consistent in how they treat these early release ships. Acquiring them may be slightly different here and there but once you have them they are all treated the same = premium (for Capt purposes) during that update, come fully upgraded, and become regular tech tree ships with next update.

That is what I was talking about. You are talking about how you get them which is different than the post I addressed and what I posted.

[P2W]
Members
426 posts
12,211 battles

For the people surprised at how the missions work, normally I'd say [edited] (Read The [edited] Manual) before you thrown down money. However, I think that WG managed to make this particular manual very difficult to read on purpose. The way I see it, by hiding the fact that you had to pay up to $150 to unlock a TECH TREE SHIP after also having to either grind through a truly stupendous number of French Flake missions and/or buy a French premium they were trying to get you hooked on the sunk cost fallacy. If you've spent all that effort (and potentially money) getting to the point where you have the 1/30 chance, you're more likely to say "Well, I've put in all this effort, so I guess I'll take a few tries at it... Well, maybe just one more; it has to come soon, right?!?"

So, while they are free to set up whatever sort of sales events they want, at some point people are going to become sufficiently annoyed at being treated like fools that they'll go find something else to do. Or, it may be that P. T. Barnum was right and you can never lose money by underestimating the intelligence of the general public.

edit: The phrase R.T.F.M. is itself edited out? What's up with this forum?

Edited by KaptainNemo_1
Expurgation
  • Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,133 posts
10,721 battles
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:42 AM, Ur_Vile said:

Holy crap. That is incredibly [edited].

After all that grinding, you still have spend real money, which could total over $100, to get a ship that is just a tech tree ship?

yeah, I'll be spending my tokens elsewhere.

It's possible to do it with no money, just very unlikely. 

Members
833 posts
5,798 battles

Meh I got it on 2nd box. 2k doubloons for a premium camo and early access to a T9 that I’ve stacked 500k xp on and built up an 18 point captain on wasn’t bad. But I do agree that the entire process was a bit dirty. I just got lucky.