Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kassimila

So about these "Semi-AP" Rounds

18 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
948 posts
20,042 battles
35 minutes ago, Kassimila said:

Will we be giving these to the poor Roma?

This is why I created the Poll. I'm hoping WG see enough players wanting this over HE rounds. This unique trait/gimmick wasn't even considered/planned for prior ti Italian premium ships being sold. Playing the Roma as released has been nothing but heart burn for me.  The damn AP shell speed is to fast to arm when shooting CL's broadside inside 10-11K range. Base HE % is to low to use let alone DE/signal flags.  SAP would likely help increasing my average damage per slavo.  Then the sigma is an issue 381MM guns out side 11K.  If I had a penny for every damn over-pen, I would be one rich SOB!!!. 

People ask me why do you play her, She's freaking beautiful!!!! WG got GC right but they screwed the Roma.    

• Cool 1

Members
1,872 posts

Those new SAP rounds may not be all they're cracked up to be. There are some negatives to them. Current RM premiums may actually have an advantage with traditional AP/HE shells.

You never know... but players might prefer AP/HE over SAP someday and actually despise SAP. For example Italian cruisers will be weak to destroyers because of SAP... so be careful what you wish for :)

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
3 hours ago, Kassimila said:

Will we be giving these to the poor Roma?

You want an AP shell that cannot cit/HE shell that cannot start fires on an already floating citadel? Want to make the Roma COMPLETELY irrelevant? Unlike the wacky RN CL AP, the SAP is basically taking the worst traits of AP and HE and combining them; low pen from HE, no fires from AP.

Edited by _RC1138

[SALTZ]
Members
117 posts
4,745 battles
15 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

You want an AP shell that cannot cit/HE shell that cannot start fires on an already floating citadel? Want to make the Roma COMPLETELY irrelevant? Unlike the wacky RN CL AP, the SAP is basically taking the worst traits of AP and HE and combining them; low pen from HE, no fires from AP.

I'd like an option that isn't 'overpen' on any cruiser hull in the game. It's probably the only BB that rewards you for taking bad shots.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,112 posts
23,873 battles

I do not want a shell in my BB HE slot that:

1.  Cannot start fires.

2.  Can still be bounced like an AP shell.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
18 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Those new SAP rounds may not be all they're cracked up to be. There are some negatives to them. Current RM premiums may actually have an advantage with traditional AP/HE shells.

You never know... but players might prefer AP/HE over SAP someday and actually despise SAP. For example Italian cruisers will be weak to destroyers because of SAP... so be careful what you wish for :)

So it's another bad gimmick that doesn't work. Yay.

Members
1,872 posts
1 hour ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

So it's another bad gimmick that doesn't work. Yay.

Well... way I understand it is RM cruisers will be good against other cruisers and possibly BB's. But the damage will be anemic against destroyers apparently. So they'll likely get wrecked by French and Russian destroyers in particular. Possibly German DD's too.

I just got out of a game where a Le Terrible killed a Kutazov soooo... yeah.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
9 hours ago, Kassimila said:

I'd like an option that isn't 'overpen' on any cruiser hull in the game. It's probably the only BB that rewards you for taking bad shots.

Except that's not how SAP is set to work if you read the press releases; it will not have nearly enough pen to citadel enemy Cruisers with actual belts, and conversely will not have the damage potential, in either Alpha and obviously no DoT, to do anything meaningful even when it does (it's Alpha is somewhere between existing HE and AP and starts no fires).

9 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I do not want a shell in my BB HE slot that:

1.  Cannot start fires.

2.  Can still be bounced like an AP shell.

From what we see with the Italian cruisers, it wouldn't be in the HE slot, but it's sole ammunition.

Edited by _RC1138

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

I dont think that the SAP shells are a decent option.  Right now, I have no interest in using them.

Edited by crzyhawk

[UFFA]
Members
2,112 posts
75 battles
43 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

From what we see with the Italian cruisers, it wouldn't be in the HE slot, but it's sole ammunition.

Ehhhh?

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/researchable-italian-tier-i-x-cruisers-as-well-as-italian-premium-tier-v-cruiser-genova-and-629ebe245310

[UFFA]
Members
2,112 posts
75 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

They changed that since the original ST Leak, it was initially sole ammunition.

It was never sole ammunition. Never, ever, ever. Then you try to cause deliberate misinformation. Bad form. Not owning up to it? Well expected at this point honestly.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
3 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

It was never sole ammunition. Never, ever, ever. Then you try to cause deliberate misinformation. Bad form. Not owning up to it? Well expected at this point honestly.

Except it was how it was presented on SEA Leaks initially, as a sole ammunition (akin the RN CL's AP only). And Par for the course from you, to just feign hurt, be overly emotional, and needlessly combative.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[UFFA]
Members
2,112 posts
75 battles

You brought up a thread that was going to the grave yard to give false info. 

Last from me. Cheers. 

Edited by Sparviero

Members
3,067 posts
2,541 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 1:20 AM, ElectroVeeDub said:

They're weak to destroyers not because of SAP but because of slow reload on the guns....

[ARGSY]
Members
20,205 posts
14,359 battles

I'm not exactly sure what's trying to be achieved here. I've seen people exploding with rage over it because they were saying it's unstoppable gold ammo of death, but all it really looks like is AP with a somewhat heavier bursting charge and a sacrifiice in penetrating capability over pure AP. 

It's almost like having super-IFHE, but in exchange you lose all your fire chance instead of just some of it.

Sign in to follow this