You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

Tired Of Others Saying I Suck Because My Low Win%

218 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
1,125 posts

Tired of it, so tired of it.  When I say that a lot of the teams I am on suck, they really do suck.  Even a super unicum couldn't save some of these teams.  Even though my stats give a 48% win percentage, I consider myself above average.  I have a lot of good games on a losing team.  Instead of a win%, how about a placement average on your teams.  I am mostly in the top half with bouts of greatness in the top three.

Here is an example of my typical losing game:

shot-19.08.07_20.13.12-0755.jpg

shot-19.08.07_20.13.19-0066.jpg

Bottom tier and I come out on top.  Does this still mean I suck?  Do you stat shamers still want to say "get gud"?  I can't control whom is on my team, and I mostly solo.  

Edited by db4100
  • Cool 11
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 11

[SIDE]
Members
4,684 posts

Concentrate on having a good time and being a supportive team mate. 

Screw the epen elitists, the try-hard admirals and the stat Shamers.

You have 7 reports for chat abuse... USE THEM.

Thankfully the community is smaller, more laid back and generally a good bit more mature in wows than wot. It can occasionally get a little salty but  not as bad or as often.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,146 posts
16,391 battles

people that die early then stat shame their teammates that are still alive in the match are just sad even more so if you finish more up in base xp earned than then. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles

If every man view stats as they see woman, then not every woman will get to be mothers (Vise verse for woman).

Stats are just what you've done in the past, what I care about, is the stats you done in the current game.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 12
  • Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,596 posts

This is a free to play game, and you are on the internet... you get all kinds. Stop worrying about what other people think, you'll live longer.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 4

[-TKS-]
Members
824 posts
14,560 battles

even though my stats don't say it I identify as the best world of warships player ever so I feel your pain . Don't let other people put you down .  if you cant handle it hide your stats , wont stop the hate but it should decrease it

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck
  • Funny 5

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles

I personally don't believe yelling at people because they're not as "good as I think they should be" is a good idea. However, your WR isn't why others are calling you out. Players look others up all the time, and with the MM monitor, they don't even have to do that for the ship you're currently playing. They know your total stats, such as your damage per round, your survival, your Personal Rating, your kill to death ratio from a simple, fast website lookup.

While I care more about how you play in the battle I happen to be in with you, the fact is, overall stats do show your patterns. That said, I also don't use MM monitor, nor do I look you up to try and confirm any bias I may have. I try to get players to be better by showing them where they can improve. For instance, in your case, I'd be ignoring your WR, rather, I'd focus on damage output, yours is fairly low for a player having almost 8k Randoms, and I'd focus on living longer and for more matches, your survival is quite low, the longer you float, the more damage you have the chance to dish out, and it will raise your KDR, as you sink others and don't sink yourself. Those things will in turn raise your Personal Rating and will also have the added plus of raising your WR, simply because you're able to influence more matches.

Pay attention to the mini map, notice where you are at all times, stay angled, stay with the group and don't run off alone. Perhaps the ship modules and captain skills you're using aren't optimal for your ship, or for how you play, even a small change here or there could make a vast difference in the outcome of your matches.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,375 battles
35 minutes ago, db4100 said:

Tired of it, so tired of it.  When I say that a lot of the teams I am on suck, they really do suck.  Even a super unicum couldn't save some of these teams.  Even though my stats give a 48% win percentage, I consider myself above average.  I have a lot of good games on a losing team.  Instead of a win%, how about a placement average on your teams.  I am mostly in the top half with bouts of greatness in the top three

Bottom tier and I come out on top.  Does this still mean I suck?  Do you stat shamers still want to say "get gud"?  I can't control whom is on my team, and I mostly solo.  

image.thumb.png.815eedef163e7935782721a31606cc17.png

Any room over on the "Bad Player Bench " ??

I will come join you and we can together not care what ANYONE else think about us <3

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,058 posts
23,842 battles

If stats really don't matter to you, then one would not make this thread nor worry about what people say.

If stats do matter to you, then you can do something about it and improve.

I remember getting to around 1200 Random Battles, got tired of being someone else's pinata.  I remember then looking up my stats and seeing "Nothing but red" and a 43 or 45% overall WR%.  I got tired of "being that guy" and got better.  It wasn't easy.  It took a long time.  But I did it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 12

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

Just admit that you are average or bit better and don't worry about it. More than half of players are probably worse. My guess is that the median player is at 47% or lower

• Confused 1

[RUSS]
Members
548 posts

uhmmm, how about stop worrying about your win rate and just enjoy the game and play as a teammate, not solo.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,058 posts
23,842 battles
3 minutes ago, centarina said:

Just admit that you are average or bit better and don't worry about it. More than half of players are probably worse. My guess is that the median player is at 47% or lower

I remember when the game was newer in 2015, 2016, people used to consider 50% WR as the Average WR in the game. But that's not the case and is worse than that.  I don't know if 47% is right, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's really 45%.  Being at 1k+ PVP battles and maintaining at least a 50% WR is IMO, above and beyond what's typical in the game.  I was happy to see that player on my team.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
3,679 posts
8,104 battles

I disagree by the notion that the stats means nothing. Everyone has to bear with the same playerbase, if you have more success compared to the rest of the player base, it's a plain and simple explaination of consistent over-performance rather than luck.

However, coming on top in XP when bottom tier in a CV is indeed quite a significant feat. WIth over 10k battles under your belt, your improvements would take a long time to reflect in your overall win rate. Maybe you have become more than your stat suggest, keep it up!

• Cool 3

[W-P-A]
[W-P-A]
Members
242 posts
13,258 battles

I just ignore them, not worth getting over something or someone that is of no concern. Play the game as the best you can do. Like me last night, I got killed halfway through the match, so I usually stick around watch the rest of the team. I was hovering over a KG V nad trying to pound this other battleship with AP but wasn't getting anywhere very fast The other bb was moving away from him, so I told him to burn him, melt him down. A short time later, he sunk the enemy bb.

I'm average or maybe a little below average. But I keep at it.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,636 posts
1 hour ago, db4100 said:

Tired of it, so tired of it. 

That's why I hid my stats. Now they will have to guess "Is he a noob," "Is he a unicum," "Is he an undercover spy for the other team?" It keeps them on their toes. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
1 hour ago, db4100 said:

Tired of it, so tired of it.  When I say that a lot of the teams I am on suck, they really do suck.  Even a super unicum couldn't save some of these teams.  Even though my stats give a 48% win percentage, I consider myself above average.  I have a lot of good games on a losing team.  Instead of a win%, how about a placement average on your teams.  I am mostly in the top half with bouts of greatness in the top three.

Here is an example of my typical losing game:

shot-19.08.07_20.13.12-0755.jpg

shot-19.08.07_20.13.19-0066.jpg

It's pretty easy to come out on top when you are bottom tier... It's harder to do it when you are top tier.

• Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[ABCD3]
Members
479 posts
11,978 battles

Just Play and Enjoy the game.   Ignore the ones with the negative comments.   They are the shameful players if on your team.   

• Boring 1

[JTF67]
Members
106 posts
9,826 battles

I wouldn't sweat it. I'm not the best player either, but I try to help the team win and have a good time.

• Cool 1

[RAGE]
Members
341 posts
5,680 battles

1 gotta Ignore the salty players...   (I am one of them at times..)

2   48% winrate is not above average. (especially with 7k battles.. deal with it..)

3    play for fun..  if you are not having fun, what's the point?

edit>  I have a 49% WR and I do not consider myself above average.. but I am having fun..

Edited by mumphred

[KERMT]
Members
1,007 posts
2 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

image.thumb.png.815eedef163e7935782721a31606cc17.png

Any room over on the "Bad Player Bench " ??

I will come join you and we can together not care what ANYONE else think about us <3

More players need to think like this. 

I started a thread the other day with my personal views on my personal stats and I was harsh on my self so that I change the way i play however people need to stop lashing out. 

Yell at your PC screen, don't launch into trying to make someone feel bad, because it works both ways. 

The person being verbally abusive into chat and stat shaming I'm certain has massive anger management issues and has troubles else where in their life as a result. 

But It is hardly fair to launch into that. 

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

"Win Rate" is arguably the least important metric in the game.  The game is designed for support of classes comprised of wholly independent players.  Nobody who understands numbers and the game would argue its importance.  You have to run a 3 man div to even begin to have an influence on the team, and even then, the other 9 players will go get themselves killed quickly.  XP and damage are far more important of individual performance.  I've seen some dumb arguments as to why it matters, but nobody has come close to a statistical analysis that even remotely supports the notion.  It's why the vitriol in game is often directed at one's own team vs the opposing.  A lone player cannot meaningfully impact the performance of the other 23.

When you see someone that says "it's important", check their stats at their solo play vs div play and you'll at times find a delta of 25% -- as in their win rate is 25% better in div play than solo.  Guess they're getting carried by the other 2, right?

Edited by NoSoMo
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 6

Members
1,872 posts

ProTip:  OP... did you know if you hide your stats it breaks peoples mods somewhat in game and in the forums? But they might show old outdated stats. I forget...

They can't really stat-shame if they have no information :)

Members
4,313 posts
4,580 battles

Even if you had decent stats there's no escape. You'll still get ding dongs who ride your afts and criticize your every move.  No advice, just insults. 

That aside I agree. Forget the salty people and try to enjoy yourself. They aren't going to help you improve. 

[DTB]
Members
264 posts
3 hours ago, xtcmax said:

uhmmm, how about stop worrying about your win rate and just enjoy the game and play as a teammate, not solo.

The win rate shouldn't even be published as it's so out of whack. Its not even close to a valid statistic.

3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If stats really don't matter to you, then one would not make this thread nor worry about what people say.

He's not going on about the stats - he's going on about the people who abuse others because of those stats.