You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Guepard Mission Unlock

14 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,358 posts
14,162 battles

So, I just earned the Guepard DD mission unlock from a French DD container, but am not seeing how to actually complete it in the port menu.  The mission calls out for 15k XP completed using Guepard, but the tech tree does not allow me to research or purchase the ship.  What gives?

[-BUI-]
Members
2,030 posts
5,697 battles

Just play anything, you'll unlock the ship, then you can use it to complete its specific objective as well.

[-K-]
Members
8,358 posts
14,162 battles
Just now, Zenn3k said:

Just play anything, you'll unlock the ship, then you can use it to complete its specific objective as well.

But mission specifics say 15K xP in Guepard.....

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

you need 12k with other ships to unlock.   after you get unlock,    run 15k for 250 token

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles

you use it alone to get 15k total xp to get 250 tokens. 15k is easy 3 or 4 good random battles win or lose with XP increasing camos and signals and you are done. I did all of mine so far in 3 to 4 battles each.

[BUNNY]
Members
69 posts
5,387 battles
12 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

But mission specifics say 15K xP in Guepard.....

You might be looking at the wrong mission, there's a Combat Mission for Guépard that gives you Republic Tokens, and there's a Personal Assignement that gives you Guépard and a 3 point captain, the latter only needs you to get 15K xp in any ship.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

You are looking at the wrong mission.  The crate gave you a mission that Grant's you the boat.  Probably under personal missions but either that or combat missions.

After you do that, you get the ship and can do the specific mission for the tokens. This is how all the early unlocks have gone I think.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

personal mission is 2k/tier level of the mission,  T5 is 10k, t6 is 12k  upto 16k for t8.     

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles

1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

This is how all the early unlocks have gone I think.

The early unlocks for these French DDs, that is. The crates for Russian BBs awarded you the BB, not a grind to earn the BB. Same for British DDs. The crate awarded you the DD itself, not a commitment that represents a significant percentage of the grind to get the ship normally.

In some ways, it’s preposterous: a 14,000-Base XP grind to unlock a ship, followed by a 15,000-Base XP grind in the unlocked ship to get the next fraction of tokens for the next in a series of bundles, upon completion of the acquisition of that series of bundles, you unlock the privilege to buy a series of crates that may require up to 30 purchases to get another ship.

And you get to participate in all of this while Ranked Battles and Clan Battles are both going on, as well.

All this makes the event register very low on my enthusiasm meter.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Pretty sure the Russian BBs were dropped as Missions (https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/victory-competition/) and I know the Duke of York I got was a mission.  So this is not a new concept.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
9 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

The crates for Russian BBs awarded you the BB, not a grind to earn the BB. Same for British DDs. The crate awarded you the DD itself, not a commitment that represents a significant percentage of the grind to get the ship normally.

In some ways, it’s preposterous: a 14,000-Base XP grind to unlock a ship, followed by a 15,000-Base XP grind in the unlocked ship to get the next fraction of tokens for the next in a series of bundles, upon completion of the acquisition of that series of bundles, you unlock the privilege to buy a series of crates that may require up to 30 purchases to get another ship.

No. I hope it's just your memory failing you, because I'd hate to think you were deliberately lying.

I remember having to grind my Velikiy out to get her just before the line dropped. Those crates dropped missions, not ships.

I remember having to grind the Acasta and the Icarus missions out too. (The British carriers don't count, because they were earned in a different manner - but they still required grinding.)

As a newbie, I worked like a dog to grind out my Bretagne and Normandie missions. That was well over a year ago, and my memory is very clear on that one (I had to get it done before I went on a work trip and the mission lapsed).

The tokens mission in the early-bird French destroyers is fifteen thousand SHIP XP, not base. You can mount flags and get through that in a hurry. 

As for the Mogador, there is no need to even bother about those containers; just grind your way up the line and obtain the ship for free when she goes live. Chances are you'll spend more doubloons trying to unlock her than you would for her permacamo anyway. I would spend the tokens on the permacamos for the destroyers I'd won. Those are priced 1000 doubloons above normal list price for tier, and the Jaguar having one is near-unique at T5.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 7:29 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No. I hope it's just your memory failing you, because I'd hate to think you were deliberately lying.

Nope. Memory. I was away for several days and didn't have the ability to look this up, until now.