You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Why do some have multiple accounts?

16 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts

I see it mentioned often that people have multiple accounts and buy tons of stuff for each.  I am not going to do it but why do they?  Is it so you can have more ships and pay less for slots??  I could see this because I am not spending another REAL: dime for a slot for a so called free ship myself.  I'm just sticking with what I have. 

Kind of a flawed tactic though.  I would prob spend real cash for stuff FOR the new ships but not just to park them.

Col Out

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,578 posts
15,683 battles

Different reasons. Some are re-rolls. May have bad or ho hum stats, learned how to play better and started a new account. Easier to be more recruitable if your wr and pr numbers are green or purple. Especially for more competitive clans.

[TBW]
Members
10,283 posts
17,482 battles

I have an NA and an EU account, I don't have many battles on EU and have only bought 15 Christmas containers on the EU so I really never play there. My EU stats are far superior than my NA though and Stats are probably why players have more than 1 account on the same server. WG likes it because more accounts mean more value for WOWs.

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
1,923 posts
9,576 battles
8 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I see it mentioned often that people have multiple accounts and buy tons of stuff for each.  I am not going to do it but why do they?  Is it so you can have more ships and pay less for slots??  I could see this because I am not spending another REAL: dime for a slot for a so called free ship myself.  I'm just sticking with what I have. 

Kind of a flawed tactic though.  I would prob spend real cash for stuff FOR the new ships but not just to park them.

Col Out

There are a few reasons.  Some people want to play on other servers.  Some people want to create a re-roll account in order to boost their stats.  Some people use alt accounts to circumvent bans or troll anonymously.

• Cool 2

Members
6,858 posts
15,340 battles

Some use alts to help out other clans in clan battles. I've seen some guys mentoring newer/learning clans like this. 

• Cool 2

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,656 battles

I have an alt account mostly to collect free stuff twice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-TKS-]
Members
824 posts
14,558 battles

I did it when it first started to compare a account i research everything (this one) to another account where i fxp everything .  But than clan battles became a thing and started a 3rd like capt_ahab mentions 

31 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Different reasons. Some are re-rolls. May have bad or ho hum stats, learned how to play better and started a new account. Easier to be more recruitable if your wr and pr numbers are green or purple. Especially for more competitive clans.

Btw another reason is because they like ranked enough to keep playing after hitting 1 

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,578 posts
15,683 battles
20 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

I did it when it first started to compare a account i research everything (this one) to another account where i fxp everything .  But than clan battles became a thing and started a 3rd like capt_ahab mentions 

Btw another reason is because they like ranked enough to keep playing after hitting 1 

:Smile_great: exactly

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,431 battles

@Col_Nasty I can understand having a separate  account on different servers but since there are only 24 hours in a day how would one play them all without sleep depravation. 

It also makes no sense to have multiple accounts on the same server since what you buy for one account isn't transferable to another. Of course if you have more money than sense go right ahead and throw your money away. Also you can only play one at a time. 

Just making a reroll account to impress others with a better win rate is just silly. If I were a clan leader I would prefer someone with many battles and an upward progress rate rather than one with a low battle count and a better than average record. 

To those who do so! Whatever blows your skirt up.

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles

Some people genuinely enjoy the challenge of starting over and earning your way through the lines again.  Not many people, hence the reason the NTC/whatever it's called now/ hasn't been very well received, but there are a few.

Members
761 posts
3,776 battles
9 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Col Out

If you are playing regularly and getting coal from containers and want free port slots and captain slots you can get them by buying the cheapest ship in the Amory ( the Charleston ),selling it and dismissing the captain.You now have a spare ship slot and a captain slot.And the Charleston shows up again to buy so you can do it again.

It is a slow way to do it,but its free!

[WOLF7]
Members
206 posts
2,310 battles
9 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I know some run a FTP account in addition to their regular one.

that is exactly what I did.   I made a second account as an experiment/self challenge to start anew as a noob and play up through the lines totally free.   interesting experience playing back at T9 without all the good stuff  :P

[ARRSE]
Members
192 posts
1,402 battles

Accounts on different servers can be fun.

I have NA, RU, EU and Asia accounts on WoT, dating back to beta on RU. Originally I was living and working in Russia, but when I moved back to UK the server connections to RU were still far superior than to EU. For a long time, the server connections were also better to NA (probably less hops on the transatlantic link than just across the channel to Netherlands!). I had a small extra RU clan account (their entry requirement), and I also picked up an Asia account during overseas jobs in the region.

Later, during my WoT peak play, I used the accounts to test theories about how the games was managed (won't explain further as its tinfoil territory!).

Along the way I also picked up about three or four more accounts from friends and family who I'd introduced to WoT but then immediately abandoned it (unsurprising, given how horrible WG titles are for noobs).

I've now abandoned WoT altogether, even though I still have a lot of $$$$ lying dormant in the accounts.

I currently have NA, EU and RU accounts for WoWS, for a number of reasons:

- different gameplay experience on each server;

- nice to come to NA and be able to communicate in English to team-mates;

- useful to triangulate experience with specific ships if one server is producing bad stats;

-  if one account is stuck in a losing streak, its nice to hop server and resume normal gameplay;

- the small consumer thrill of receiving different offers on different servers.

Its funny how accounts develop. My RU account started with a free Warspite invite code, and I intended to run it as a single ship FTP fun account. However a lot of free stuff was spammed at the account by WG, and then former WoT clan-mates sent some Christmas gift boxes that dropped doubloons, premium and top tier ships. Now that account is like a normal regular player account.

I'm now in the process of winding up my interest in WoWS, so rarely play on NA and RU these days.