You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tom_Lin

Lexington Museum player issue

28 comments in this topic

[AK-47]
Members
280 posts
7,644 battles

Well, I just encountered a Lexington Museum player in my Mino, and the guy is in Alabama. It's a coop game.

I spawned right next to him near C cap, and after the match started, he starts shooting HE at me..... for like 2 salvos, first salvo missed, and second salvo did a bit damage to me.

Luckily, after I mentioned this problem in the chat, the Alabama stopped, and he remained pretty much stationary and shooting HE at bots till he was sunk by focus fire.

I think there are people mentioned some Lexington Museum player does team shooting. Well, I think it is a thing. However, at least in my case, it seems simply becuase the player is completely not familiar with the game.

I wonder if there is anything could be done to address this issue? I mean, at least let them know the most basic thing before enter the match??

Here is the post battle screen:

802949684_WorldofWarships2019-08-071_49_09PM.thumb.png.ab4e0674cc2511e988c3b840b218b76e.png37081151_WorldofWarships2019-08-071_49_14PM.thumb.png.936544b3513f03be049ac0aabde6d42e.png1834639914_WorldofWarships2019-08-071_49_19PM.thumb.png.62f77cb0af1cbb9c61f97fc03bcc87e6.png1334716157_WorldofWarships2019-08-071_49_23PM.thumb.png.7930d50d6b639215c27f4a99c460eb59.png

• Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,343 posts
19,581 battles

Yeeeeeah, that's maybe not covered in the volunteer training there, lol.

At least they didn't pick CV. Apparently the kiosk there is set up with a giant custom arcade cabinet trackball controller. Which doesn't have a 1, 2, or 3 button, so you can't actually launch planes. You pretty much just end up driving the carrier at the enemy. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles
Just now, Edgecase said:

Yeeeeeah, that's maybe not covered in the volunteer training there, lol.

At least they didn't pick CV. Apparently the kiosk there is set up with a giant custom arcade cabinet trackball controller. Which doesn't have a 1, 2, or 3 button, so you can't actually launch planes. You pretty much just end up driving the carrier at the enemy. :Smile_teethhappy:

It does have a touchscreen however

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,343 posts
19,581 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

It does have a touchscreen however

Never been, personally. Now I kinda want to do it for the WoWS Arcade Experience.

Although... can you select shells/planes by clicking?

Edited by Edgecase

Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles
5 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Never been, personally. Now I kinda want to do it for the WoWS Arcade Experience.

Although... can you select shells/planes by clicking?

Me either, just seen pictures. I think there might be an on screen keyboard that can be turned on and off. 

I have seen those accounts with damage as cvs

Members
115 posts

Ages ago there was a regular player in Co-op mostly playing an Erie or Black Swan who named himself Lexington_Museum_05 or some such and would shoot teammates while spamming F-key messages. Gave himself away when he typed "JaJaJaJaJa" when somebody yelled at him in chat durng a battle.

• Funny 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

You'd think the experience would be improved by a 20-second video with such complex information as "don't shoot at green ships" and "shoot at red ships" and "please maneuver". 

• Cool 2

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,142 battles

Heyo Captains,

I will be working on this situation to get it resolved now that we have a better demonstration client made for these sorts of stands/fixtures at external locations. 

Fem, 

• Cool 2

Members
210 posts
1,279 battles

Yeah ive seen one of them too, the player was driving a lexi, poor guy/kid i bet he wonderer why i can launch planes but he cant, all what he did was running into a corner, obviously i didnt attacked him, he had enough with that horrible experience

[AK]
Members
298 posts
10,746 battles

I live in Texas and I've been to the Lex a couple times. The people who interact with the station are young kids who see "vidya game" and press some buttons to see what happens. Then their mom calls them over and they wander off in the middle of the match. The interface is very un-intuitive. Like some of the other posters said, there's no number or letter buttons so you can't change armaments or use abilities. The monitor says "touch screen" but it never worked when I tried it.There's no real advice on how to play the game either. Kids just tap the battle button and get landed in a game.

Putting the account in permanent training mode with a few bots would probably be the ideal way to showcase the game without ruining the experience of other players.

c3.PNG

Edited by CTMAADawson
  • Cool 6

[WOLFC]
Members
2,881 posts
16,341 battles
32 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

You'd think the experience would be improved by a 20-second video with such complex information as "don't shoot at green ships" and "shoot at red ships" and "please maneuver". 

Would be faster and cheaper to just hang up a sign ... how's this ... sound about right?

ooo.jpg

• Funny 5

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Just play a video that shows the game.  I guarantee you'd get 100% more people interested as opposed o this kiosk abomination.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Members
1,985 posts
11,781 battles
6 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Just play a video that shows the game.  I guarantee you'd get 100% more people interested as opposed o this kiosk abomination.

This^^^ I first got interested in WoWS when I saw a Mighty Jingles Video featuring iChase in the Midway. Admittedly not two weeks before I acquired my own Midway wargaming declared war on aircraft carriers beginning with patch 5.3 but, that's life.

[KRAK]
Members
3,715 posts
21,733 battles
1 hour ago, Tom_Lin said:

Well, I just encountered a Lexington Museum player in my Mino, and the guy is in Alabama. It's a coop game.

I spawned right next to him near C cap, and after the match started, he starts shooting HE at me..... for like 2 salvos, first salvo missed, and second salvo did a bit damage to me.

Luckily, after I mentioned this problem in the chat, the Alabama stopped, and he remained pretty much stationary and shooting HE at bots till he was sunk by focus fire.

I think there are people mentioned some Lexington Museum player does team shooting. Well, I think it is a thing. However, at least in my case, it seems simply becuase the player is completely not familiar with the game.

I wonder if there is anything could be done to address this issue? I mean, at least let them know the most basic thing before enter the match??

Here is the post battle screen:

802949684_WorldofWarships2019-08-071_49_09PM.thumb.png.ab4e0674cc2511e988c3b840b218b76e.png37081151_WorldofWarships2019-08-071_49_14PM.thumb.png.936544b3513f03be049ac0aabde6d42e.png1834639914_WorldofWarships2019-08-071_49_19PM.thumb.png.62f77cb0af1cbb9c61f97fc03bcc87e6.png1334716157_WorldofWarships2019-08-071_49_23PM.thumb.png.7930d50d6b639215c27f4a99c460eb59.png

I ran into one of these guys the other day in randoms on my team. They immediately started firing on me soon as the match began.

[AK-47]
Members
280 posts
7,644 battles
1 hour ago, CTMAADawson said:

I live in Texas and I've been to the Lex a couple times. The people who interact with the station are young kids who see "vidya game" and press some buttons to see what happens. Then their mom calls them over and they wander off in the middle of the match. The interface is very un-intuitive. Like some of the other posters said, there's no number or letter buttons so you can't change armaments or use abilities. The monitor says "touch screen" but it never worked when I tried it.There's no real advice on how to play the game either. Kids just tap the battle button and get landed in a game.

Putting the account in permanent training mode with a few bots would probably be the ideal way to showcase the game without ruining the experience of other players.

c3.PNG

Wow, I can't imagine myself playing WoWs on this kind of set up. I mean, how can you even aim with this kind of strange control pad.

Why don't they just get a proper keyboard and mouse?? I mean a set of cheap ones shouldn't cost that much......

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,899 posts
17,945 battles

They probably think everyone is a target...especially the older crowd.  The concept of "team" play in video games is actually something somewhat new to old timers.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles
1 hour ago, Vaffu said:

I ran into one of these guys the other day in randoms on my team. They immediately started firing on me soon as the match began.

And why wouldn't you, really?  You walk up to a Kiosk, hit a button, you're playing a game... would you guess at this point you're supposed to spend a couple minutes maneuvering before the first enemy ship is in range?  Not if you'd never played before.

I thought Wargaming said those accounts were supposed to be restricted to coop, but you found one in randoms and a clanmate of mine ran into one a few days ago as well, also in randoms.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,449 battles

@Tom_Lin that museum kiosk has been complained about many times to no avail. At least it only allows co op play.

When I encounter one I send a support ticket with replay for attempting to rig or successfully rigging the battle. 

I suggest everyone do the same.

That kiosk should be a stand alone game pitting the 1 human and 7 bot team mates against 8 bot opponents.

[TF16B]
Modder
652 posts
799 battles

I kinda like that control pad! But it needs work. Maybe add a small wheel to simulate turning a ship and keep the track ball but use it for aiming. Also better button layout for consumables, planes, etc. As suggested above, perhaps put the game in some kind of training mode. It’s a public display, while you’ll get some team players you’ll also have people who shoot at anything.

[WOLFC]
Members
223 posts
9,236 battles
3 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

The people who interact with the station are young kids who see "vidya game" and press some buttons to see what happens. Then their mom calls them over and they wander off in the middle of the match. The interface is very un-intuitive. Like some of the other posters said, there's no number or letter buttons so you can't change armaments or use abilities. The monitor says "touch screen" but it never worked when I tried it.There's no real advice on how to play the game either. Kids just tap the battle button and get landed in a game.

^^This, so much this. A while ago my family and I did a ships tour. USS Lexington, USS Texas, USS Alabama, then on to USS North Carolina. Was an awesome time. While in the Lexington we seen just that.  Two young brothers, the older one started a game. The  younger one seen what was going on in the screen and wanted to play lol. He started touching the buttons which made the older brother mad, he pushed the little one away with a stroke to the face. Crying and yelling ensued, mom came and took the boys under the arm and was leading them away. Older boy broke away and right back to the game.  Mom for a second time took them away with the boys frantically hitting buttons on their way out. Waiting was another small kid who gladly took over their game.  So its usually not some conspiracy of an evil individual to screw up your match, but just some kids. Yes, the idea for just letting them run only in training room has my vote, it would clear up these situations. Just my 1/2 cent. :Smile_Default:

Edited by JBR40
  • Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
9,628 posts
8,610 battles
6 minutes ago, JBR40 said:

^^This, so much this. A while ago my family and I did a ships tour. USS Lexington, USS Texas, USS Alabama, then on to USS North Carolina. Was an awesome time. While in the Lexington we seen just that.  Two young brothers, the older one started a game. The  younger one seen what was going on in the screen and wanted to play lol. He started touching the buttons which made the older brother mad, he pushed the little one away with a stroke to the face. Crying and yelling ensued, mom came and took the boys under the arm and was leading them away. Older boy broke away and right back to the game.  Mom for a second time took them away with the boys frantically hitting buttons on their way out. Waiting was another small kid who gladly took over their game.  So its usually not some conspiracy of an evil individual to screw up your match, but just some kids. Yes, the idea for just letting them run only in training room has my vote, it would clear up these situations. Just my 1/2 cent. :Smile_Default:

Could you tell if chat was working?

I can only imagine what new words those kids learn.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
223 posts
9,236 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Good Question. No I was not paying attention to the chat box sorry. But I was thinking the same thing. That's is why I never curse anyone out in chat. You never know if they are kids or not. I only give back if they start it lol. 

• Cool 1

[AK]
Members
298 posts
10,746 battles
9 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I can only imagine what new words those kids learn.

The chat box does indeed work. Though chances are most "players" at Lexington wouldn't know to look for it. I know a lot of folks in this chat were pretty sour with the CV that was sitting around doing nothing.

c2.PNG

Edited by CTMAADawson
  • Cool 1