Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Dynamic Crosshair fix?

5 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
5,373 posts
16,135 battles

Several posters and CC's have pointed out that the standard Dynamic Crosshair is somewhat flawed. The seconds to impact for a 30kt ship is only good at specific range (about 15k?) and is off as you move away from this value. The 'fix' was to pick up a crosshair from Aslains modpack.

Just wondering if fixing this in game was on WGs agenda?

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,418 battles

@Sabot_100 they have added a few 3rd party mods into the game so they could do the same thing.

I use dynamic and have never noticed a difference in accuracy at any range or zoom level.

[CVA16]
Members
5,373 posts
16,135 battles
3 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I use dynamic and have never noticed a difference in accuracy at any range or zoom level.

The problem, as I understand it, is the seconds tic-marks are incorrect at ranges other than the optimum. The further you move from that ideal range, the further off they are. So if you are using those marks to establish your lead for your first salvo, you might miss on a seemingly "perfectly" aimed shot.

[POP]
Members
1,080 posts
9,344 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

The problem, as I understand it, is the seconds tic-marks are incorrect at ranges other than the optimum. The further you move from that ideal range, the further off they are. So if you are using those marks to establish your lead for your first salvo, you might miss on a seemingly "perfectly" aimed shot.

The issue is as the distance between you and the target increases your field of view increases exponentially.   The hash marks on the dynamic reticle do not as they maintain an equal second to mark ratio.  In order to fix this WG needs to increase the time to hash mark value relative to the zoom on the reticle. 

This same issue can be seen when comparing a front focal pane scope versus a traditional focal pane scope in rifles.

Edited by HallaSnackbar

Sign in to follow this