You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dusty25

Gift from a nice person

20 comments in this topic

Members
30 posts
440 battles

Somebody has given me a gift.  As a newbie here I've no clue on how to get it.  Can someone give me some directions on how to recover a gift please.  So much I don't know.

Dusty25

Members
6,858 posts
15,357 battles

There should be a link that was sent to you in an email by WG, going to that link will claim it. Check your junk mail as well

[ARGSY]
Members
20,150 posts
14,332 battles

Last time someone did this for me, a link was given in the e-mail Wargaming sent. This triggers delivery. The ship or whatever should then be in the game waiting for you. If you accept, it's yours. If for whatever reason you choose to decline, the giver receives the gift's equivalent in doubloons (WG never gives your RL money back).

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,376 posts
20,047 battles
4 minutes ago, dusty25 said:

Somebody has given me a gift.  As a newbie here I've no clue on how to get it.  Can someone give me some directions on how to recover a gift please.  So much I don't know.

Dusty25

Id blame @KURT_WOLFF make him help you

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,653 posts
14 minutes ago, dusty25 said:

Dusty25

Go to the Premium Shop page and log in if you are not already logged in there. At the top you might see a link that says "My Gifts." Someone just sent me a ship and that's how I got it. There was no email. 

Members
30 posts
440 battles

This is very frustrating.  I've no emails and the premium shop don't say anything.  You would think wargaming would make it kind of easier to find and get these gifts.  I however do appreciate the effort that the giver has done for me.  I however would like it to be somewhat easier to get the gift.  I am very grateful for all in trying to help me, but so far na-da.  Keep the ideas coming as I just might get lucky and get the correct one.  Should I log out and re log in to go to the premium shop.  Cause there ani't nothing there call claim your gift etc.            thanks

dusty

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,788 posts
4,631 battles
5 minutes ago, dusty25 said:

This is very frustrating.  I've no emails and the premium shop don't say anything.

And are you sure you're logged in?  What does it say in the upper RH corner of the premium shop?

Which premium shop are you using?  The one in-game is worthless.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLFG]
Members
9,611 posts
8,595 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Now hang on.  In the other thread would said that you have an email. 

And are you sure you're logged in?  What does it say in the upper RH corner of the premium shop?

And be sure you are using the email you set up your WOWS account on (if you have more than one email account).

Beta Testers
3,112 posts
25,938 battles

My E-mail says the gifts been sent . Now you have to except the gifts . Open the Prem shop I believe the upper right hand corner My Gifts hit that and then except gifts...…………...Chow

Members
30 posts
440 battles

Ok let me explain all this stuff.  My outlook account was lockout.  I had to redo the email address thing and comfirm it.  So upto now I had NO clue my email account here was locked out for me.  I think I straighten it out and was able to read all the emails I was unable to before.  Got out of the game and relogged in.  The log in was automatic and when I got back in the game there was still nothing in the premium shop in the upper right had corner.  Just things I could purchase.  Should I delete the whole game and start all over again?  I think its partically my fault as I didn't know my email here was screwed up.  The asked me if I wanted to download the game, but I've been playing it now for about a month or three.  I am at my wits end.  Whatever that means.  Being my email was locked and I didn't know it, ive no clue where the gifts went, where they are and how I can access them.

If anyone can figure any of this out, go to the head of my class, because i'm the real dummy here.  I did find the emails he sent me, but nothing in the premium shop on the game.  Jeez what a mess.

dusty

Members
30 posts
440 battles

GOT THEM!!!!   Finally figured it out.  What a dummy am I...……………...thanks for all the help.

dusty

• Cool 4

[WOLFC]
Members
2,876 posts
16,321 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Go to the Premium Shop page and log in if you are not already logged in there. At the top you might see a link that says "My Gifts." Someone just sent me a ship and that's how I got it. There was no email. 

I think it must be broken ... mine doesn't show any gifts either. :Smile_trollface:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,653 posts
8 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

I think it must be broken ... mine doesn't show any gifts either. :Smile_trollface:

Have you logged in to the Premium Shop? Just going there doesn't log you in.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,058 posts
8,308 battles

I hope nobody's ever sent me a gift.

I played WoT, so registered with WG using an address that I haven't used for 8+ years.

When I tried to access it, it said no such address existed, and when I tried to re-create it, the address was taken.

So I contacted WG to switch my address, and they said they want record of 3 purchases within a certain time window, and I don't have enough that qualify.

The funny thing is, any purchases I've made in the premium shop the last couple years have been made by logging in with my Google account, which is the same email address I want to switch to.....

[WOLFC]
Members
2,876 posts
16,321 battles
17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Have you logged in to the Premium Shop? Just going there doesn't log you in.

Yes, but that was just a little scarcastic? humor ... I don't have any gifts waiting.  Guess the troll-face didn't help indicate that. 

Grats again and thanks for trying to be helpful!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,653 posts
5 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Yes, but that was just a little scarcastic? humor ... I don't have any gifts waiting.  Guess the troll-face didn't help indicate that. 

Grats again and thanks for trying to be helpful!

Oh, this is a troll face :Smile_trollface:? I didn't realize that. I guess if I had moused over it I would have seen what it was. :Smile_veryhappy:

I wrote a story once for the forums about man-eating zombies. That troll face sort of reminds me of them.

:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

:cap_rambo:

• Funny 1

Members
30 posts
440 battles

Just a final note here, I wanted to say for a newbie I was wowed over with all the help I got.  Never got a gift before and everyone was just great with all the help.  I finally figured it out and did leave a thank you note to the person who gave me the gifts.  But wanted to say a rather large thank you here for all the help.  You all stepped up for me and I do appreciate it.  Now back to the game.....

dusty

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
223 posts
9,224 battles
16 hours ago, DocWalker said:

Yep, I don't have any recent gifts either. The last gift I got was at Christmas time from a good guy named DocWalker. He's in that really awesome WOLFC clan.  :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1