You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Somebody Gave Me a Massachusetts!

42 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts

I'll not say who unless they want to come by and tell you but thanks again for the amazing gift of a Massachusetts. I'd always hoped that one might show up someday in a supercontainer but knew the odds were akin to winning the lottery. My first game, with a zero point commander in a tier X match, went wonderfully. The Massachusetts really lives up to its reputation and my experience in seeing them in games. As you can see by my three caps and 98 secondary hits, I took full advantage of its brawling capability. I couldn't have done it without an excellent team though, so hat's off to them too.

image.thumb.png.87ab3f89b9d517e85162eed71021eef0.png

My fine team:

image.png.a3927444e5927a52d60e1649ed0257e6.png

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts

Don't take this wrong , I swear I'm  not being snarky.   I was impressed with this post until I saw that you have been here for years.    I would expect you to do well in a T10 Match in a T6 ship. 

How would someone gift a ship?  I would love to give some away instead of just deleting them.

• Funny 2
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 3

[-K-]
Members
8,354 posts
14,156 battles
4 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Don't take this wrong , I swear I'm  not being snarky.   I was impressed with this post until I saw that you have been here for years.    I would expect you to do well in a T10 Match in a T6 ship. 

How would someone gift a ship?  I would love to give some away instead of just deleting them.

First of all, Massachusetts is a T8 ship, not a T6.  And that was being snarky.  You could've just been happy for the guy.  Not everyone is a unicum based on years of experience.

As for gifting a ship, you can only do it by buying it directly for someone else in the Premium Shop.  You can't give away ships you have in port.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[PRAVD]
Members
109 posts
2,894 battles
7 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

The dude was probably quite happy with this, and then you just come and say that? I understand jealousy exists but still. Chill out man.

• Cool 2

Members
1,674 posts
12,382 battles
8 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

You buy the ship for someone as a gift . I have given a few gift ship out myself. I once give a Atlanta to anyone on enemy team who kill a crybaby who was on my team once.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[KWF]
Members
4,377 posts
6,405 battles

So, uh do we fill some forms, how does it work exactly? :Smile_teethhappy:

Regardless may your new ship carry you to victories and may whoever gifted it get some good karma in return.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
12 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

You buy the ship for someone as a gift . I have given a few gift ship out myself. I once give a Atlanta to anyone on enemy team who kill a crybaby who was on my team once.

lol nice

[0456]
Members
3,620 posts
9,586 battles
32 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The Massachusetts really lives up to its reputation and my experience in seeing them in games. As you can see by my three caps and 98 secondary hits, I took full advantage of its brawling capability.

One thing I can tell you for certain is that Massachusetts does NOT have hydro... so act accordingly.  :Smile-_tongue:

1,063 posts
35 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

thanks again for the amazing gift of a Massachusetts

grats on nice gift, someone likes you that's for sure

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,455 posts
6,507 battles

Impressive....   Nice gift for sure!    

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
2 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

One thing I can tell you for certain is that Massachusetts does NOT have hydro... so act accordingly.  :Smile-_tongue:

I'm wondering if Vigilance might be a good commander skill for it? I went for fast rudder shift in order to dodge torpedoes better too.

[A-D-F]
7,569 posts
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm wondering if Vigilance might be a good commander skill for it? I went for fast rudder shift in order to dodge torpedoes better too.

I have my Mass specced 100% for secondaries and heal.

Manual secondary, IFHE, AFT SI and AR.  Some people give up SI for BFT.  There is evidence that supports both options.

All modules can that be for secondaries are installed.

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
42 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'll not say who unless they want to come by and tell you...

LOL.

You practically ensured that he can't come out and tell us, without looking like a douché.

"Hey everyone, this guy won't tell you, but I was the one who got the gift. How great am I? 'Very' is your answer."

Edited by yacskn
  • Confused 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles

Congrats on your ship man. How DO you give things to other players in this game anyway?

Members
3,100 posts
6,691 battles
24 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

You took a hit out on a green player? That's hilarious! How fast did he get deleted?

[WOLFG]
Members
9,616 posts
8,595 battles
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

Congrats on your ship man. How DO you give things to other players in this game anyway?

I think when you buy something, you have the option to give it to someone instead of dropping it in to your own port.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

I really didn't know. In fact, I had to do a search in order to find out how to even accept the gift (you log on to the Premium Shop page and there will be a notification saying "My Gifts" there). 

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,620 posts
9,586 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I think Mass has what is described as "excellent" torpedo protection so I'd probably lean on that in combination with some intuition developed through game experience to manage the torpedo threat. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,674 posts
12,382 battles
2 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

You took a hit out on a green player? That's hilarious! How fast did he get deleted?

Was a bit ago, maybe a year, I remember someone ask him to scout ( he was DD ) then he launch into this full cuss infest tirade then he try to sail to hide behind a island. name begin with Lt...

Anyway, very foul mouth and start to say some very nasty thing and spam chat -- so I say in general chat to anyone who kill this DD they get an Atlanta and I say what cap he was by ( but not exact position ) 

Entire red team go for that cap lol !!!!!

I do not think he live very long after, of course he start to say rude things to me for this I just mute him and wait for the expected to happen. Which happen very soon after. 
:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,638 posts
11,371 battles
48 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

As you can see by my three caps and 98 secondary hits, I took full advantage of its brawling capability.

1) I'm happy for you, I'm glad someone was generous that way!

2) Good game for sure!

3) If you think 98 secondary hits is "full advantage" all I can say is wait til you actually DO take full advantage of it. I've had matches with over 400 secondary hits. ;)

Q: Do you have a 19 pt captain in her? Running manual secondaries? Some folks like IFHE, I don't put the points there, but I'm sure that means even more secondary damage.

• Cool 1

Members
3,100 posts
6,691 battles
7 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Was a bit ago, maybe a year, I remember someone ask him to scout ( he was DD ) then he launch into this full cuss infest tirade then he try to sail to hide behind a island. name begin with Lt...

Anyway, very foul mouth and start to say some very nasty thing and spam chat -- so I say in general chat to anyone who kill this DD they get an Atlanta and I say what cap he was by ( but not exact position ) 

Entire red team go for that cap lol !!!!!

I do not think he live very long after, of course he start to say rude things to me for this I just mute him and wait for the expected to happen. Which happen very soon after. 
:cap_rambo:

Man, I should have done this the other day. Had a random where one of my team members just started swearing and using super racist language against four or five of our teammates. He also griefed the whole mission, got mad about someone else making a mistake, and then proceeded to throw the match entirely. 

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles
4 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Man, I should have done this the other day. Had a random where one of my team members just started swearing and using super racist language against four or five of our teammates. He also griefed the whole mission, got mad about someone else making a mistake, and then proceeded to throw the match entirely. 

Sounds like something someone should send in if they have the replay. I think his punishment would be a bit more than just being sunk.