You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skyfaller

Why does it take 1.5 mins avg to get post battle result screen?

26 comments in this topic

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,171 posts
9,416 battles

This has been happening for over a year now. End battle and your screen stays frozen on where the battle ended for over 1 minute until the post-battle results finally kick in. Most of the times that screen is just skipped straight back to dock. 

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,091 posts
4,071 battles

Well, that's a you problem. Max for me is a couple seconds. Are you running mods? That may be adding to the issue.

• Cool 2

[CALM]
Members
28 posts
23,395 battles

99 times out of 100 I get the post battle screen basically immediately.

I'm not seeing your problem on my end.

Sorry no help to you, just my case for reference

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles

I"m playing on a machine old enough to be your ancestor.  I get the Report almost immediately.

How is your FPS?  Do you "busy" lag?  Does sound break up?

Have you run Repair?

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,171 posts
9,416 battles

no mods, no fps issues,my ping is always under 80ms, my pc is not old... i didnt have this issue until just a year ago. I've even reinstalled the game from scratch. 

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,205 posts
9,337 battles
Just now, Skyfaller said:

no mods, no fps issues,my ping is always under 80ms, my pc is not old... i didnt have this issue until just a year ago. I've even reinstalled the game from scratch. 

Submit a help ticket.

• Cool 1

[-KAK-]
Members
136 posts
6,482 battles

I find sometimes the game will hang before the post-battle, maybe 5-15 seconds. Occasionally it would skip right to port. I usually just assume client-side issue and ignore it

• Confused 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,326 posts
19,468 battles

I get a couple of seconds of waiting after any match end before the results show up. That includes star gain/loss (Ranked), rating changes (Clan Battles), scoreboard, and all the rest. Sometimes it just... sits there... for maybe 10 seconds before it times out and goes back to port without showing a score screen. The match result sometimes shows up a minute or more late, in the port queue.

Edited by Edgecase

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles
11 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

No in-game stuttering?  80ms isn't great, but at least it's stable, right?  I'm tempted to recommend testing packet drop and latency.  What type of Internet provider you using?

How frequently does this happen?

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF7]
Members
12,592 posts
32 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

This has been happening for over a year now. End battle and your screen stays frozen on where the battle ended for over 1 minute until the post-battle results finally kick in. Most of the times that screen is just skipped straight back to dock. 

Have never seen or even heard of this. Lagging out while starting a battle has been a long time issue, but I haven't seen it personally in more than a year.

People not getting results screens has been an issue as well, although I've never seen it. This is a new one to me.

Members
284 posts
4,672 battles

Ping is at 80 ouch. I'm rarely above 33. Either way once ina blue moon it takes maybe 20 seconds.  Other than that its instant and my computer is 8 years old minus the graphics card.

[ARS]
Members
135 posts
2,127 battles

Yeah OP, its probably a combo of network latency and an underlying software issue. Backup and try a wipe/load of windows.

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

I do have it bug out at times. Alt-tabbing will make it pop for some reason, at least for whatever bug I've encountered.

Edit: I do play in window mode.

Edited by Tanuvein

[REVY]
Members
2,274 posts
12,215 battles
1 hour ago, Skyfaller said:

It can depend on multiple of things: lag to the server, your computer, maybe there are multiple battles ending at that exact moment and taxing the server a bit, maybe the results are coming by messenger pigeon. 

I have had it happen on occasion where it doesn't even give me the results and sends me straight to port. A bit after I get the notification. I have not seen it recently though.

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,332 posts
20,013 battles

Once I removed all the tinfoil from around my machine it started to cool better Performance has gone up:cap_like:

[187]
Members
1,628 posts
11,632 battles

I get the same thing occasionally....after extensive testing I agree SSD will help.

"In its simplest form, an SSD is flash storage and has no moving parts whatsoever. ... SSD storage is much faster than its HDD equivalent. HDD storage is made up of magnetic tape and has mechanical parts inside. They're larger than SSDs and much slower to read and write."

I had the game loaded on my primary hard drive...then I installed a second HDD drive and put the game there and the OS was on the other drive. Talk about slow azz loading....re-installed the game on my primary hard drive and I am back to where I began ...so.....I know when I put it over on an SSD drive it will load faster...only thing you can really do other than this is make the game .exe a "High Priority" in the task manager. You do know it's "Your" problem when everyone else never has the issue "you" are having. Processor/Ram all the components all add up when the game is accessing the "Texture" of the map to be played....I do know the Mod Station does have a mod where you can turn down the textures for slower computers that will help with slow loading issues...the results screen though if everyone else says they don't have an issue I believe them.

• Confused 1

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,171 posts
9,416 battles

I do have an SSD. 

This rig runs games with much higher performance requirements than WOWs without issues. even in VR. 

I always thought this was some kind of server side thing. The game basically 'hangs' at battle end waiting for the results to come in. /shrug

[ARS]
Members
135 posts
2,127 battles
1 hour ago, C_D said:

I get the same thing occasionally....after extensive testing I agree SSD will help.

"In its simplest form, an SSD is flash storage and has no moving parts whatsoever. ... SSD storage is much faster than its HDD equivalent. HDD storage is made up of magnetic tape and has mechanical parts inside. They're larger than SSDs and much slower to read and write."

I had the game loaded on my primary hard drive...then I installed a second HDD drive and put the game there and the OS was on the other drive. Talk about slow azz loading....re-installed the game on my primary hard drive and I am back to where I began ...so.....I know when I put it over on an SSD drive it will load faster...only thing you can really do other than this is make the game .exe a "High Priority" in the task manager. You do know it's "Your" problem when everyone else never has the issue "you" are having. Processor/Ram all the components all add up when the game is accessing the "Texture" of the map to be played....I do know the Mod Station does have a mod where you can turn down the textures for slower computers that will help with slow loading issues...the results screen though if everyone else says they don't have an issue I believe them.

They have spinning metal platters with heads that fly just over them flipping sectors with a magnet not magnetic tape.

But yes, SSDs are the way to go.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,596 posts
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I"m playing on a machine old enough to be your ancestor. 

I was talking to Dad this morning and he was telling me about an "old man" he saw at the farmer's market recently. This guy was about 75, which is ten years Dad's junior, but he was complaining that he had a hard time getting his dad, who was 99, to stay inside and not go out and feed the livestock in the winter.

This was the first computer I was ever around. A $5 Wal-Mart scientific calculator has ten times more capabilities. Man, thinking about that now sort of makes me feel like I'm getting old.

057.JPG

My computer is getting long in the tooth but I can still get 80 FPS in WOWS if I tweak the graphics settings to slightly below "medium." I have, however, noticed that the loading screen for the post-game info is taking longer than it used to. I'm also getting some video artifacting. This all began for me at patch 8.5. I may uninstall and completely reinstall if the issue is still around after 8.7.   

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
778 posts
2,755 battles

Mines inconsistent, some games it appears immediately, other games 10-20 seconds. My pc is almost brand new, 8 core, 32gb ram, SSD. Not a game breaker just strange how it happens sometimes..

[DPG]
Members
1,915 posts
9,518 battles

OP, before you go reinstalling Windows, which someone for some bizarre reason suggested,  it's possible that you have a ton of signal flags on with economic boosts and the game is having trouble doing all of the math.  I have the same problem from time to time.  It doesn't take a minute as you say, but 10 seconds or more.  I've noticed it happens more often when I'm loaded up with special flags to boost xp and credits.  

[WOLFG]
Members
28,908 posts
8,155 battles
2 hours ago, Arlensauce93 said:

Ping is at 80 ouch. I'm rarely above 33.

Meh, game is playable at 200. (at least in a BB) 

Nothing wrong with 80, game doesn't play that fast.

I get 35-40, but played the first 3 Battlefield games, with my favorite server being in Europe. Had no problem playing with 120 ping. Only issue was, if I played on a server in NA, my ping would cut in half, and it took a couple matches to get used to leading differently.

Unless you're up over 150 or so, stability is more important than speed.