You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ruar

If you're new to co-op....

55 comments in this topic

Members
1,123 posts
2,117 battles

Don't be surprised at the amount of ramming that happens.

Last night someone commented how they had never seen so much ramming. I pointed out to them that repair costs are the same regardless.

Then add in the fast pace of co-op which requires a lot more aggression and often leaves ships exposed in order to get in damage. This can cause an early death so taking out a ship before you die helps bump up the damage total.

Torps are also a much bigger factor so getting into position to torp makes ramming a good option if there are multiple ships in close proximity.

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts

So now Co-op is for just the yolos to rush in and ram as fast as they can because they can't hit the sides of a office building with their gunz? 

Ok got it.

And people say this game is going to hell?

Col Out

• Confused 1
  • Boring 7

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts
Just now, Col_Nasty said:

So now Co-op is for just the yolos to rush in and ram as fast as they can because they can't hit the sides of a office building with their gunz? 

Ok got it.

Col Out

When you only have 4 to 5 minutes to score, due to the bots having a mercy rule, it's best to get damage however possible.....

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,078 posts
23,857 battles
3 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Ok got it.

Col Out

Go ahead with your BB and see how that works out for you :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF3]
Members
27,078 posts
23,857 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

People are just out to get as much damage as possible.  I think its kind of selfish, since it leaves everybody else to carry the win.

With these games going for 3-5 minutes, 8 enemy bots max and a very finite pool of enemy HP to farm, poor rewards, you better d*mn well believe people will try to get as much as they can for themselves.  If you don't do enough you're losing credits, even in non-high tier.

These games are over so quickly that the enemy bot team frequently loses by going to 0 points and there still being 2 enemy bots left out of 8.  You better hurry and get what's yours.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,790 posts
4,631 battles

Someone is not familiar with Co-op?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,616 posts
8,595 battles

While I never intentionally ram unless it is the last ship, finishing off the last bot to get the next game going is a thing I will do on occasion.

• Cool 2

[0456]
Members
3,620 posts
9,586 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Is that even a game type? I thought it was just a shortcut for tedious reward grinds.

Edited by _ENO_
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
866 posts
1 minute ago, _ENO_ said:

Is that even a game type? I thought it was just a  shortcut for tedious reward grinds

It can be allot more fun than watching BBs sit on the edge and lob shells at each other.

• Funny 1

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

When you only have 4 to 5 minutes to score, due to the bots having a mercy rule, it's best to get damage however possible.....

I take out CA and DD and do just fine thnx.

1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Go ahead with your BB and see how that works out for you :Smile_trollface:

Works just fine thnx...  Why do you say that?  You can't score in a BB??   I guess it may be hard for some people. 

Saved this JUST NOW just for you.  Its simple and game lasted 4 mins.. just because YOU can't do it doesn't mean it is impossible.

Untigggtled.png

• Confused 3
  • Boring 1

[0456]
Members
3,620 posts
9,586 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

It can be allot more fun than watching BBs sit on the edge and lob shells at each other.

Yeah, because the bots eventually end up on that side of the map...

2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Works just fine thnx...  Why do you say that?  You can't score in a BB??   I guess it may be hard for some people. 

Saved this JUST NOW just for you.  Its simple and game lasted 4 mins.. just because YOU can't do it doesn't mean it is impossible.

Untigggtled.png

Wow, you did not even your own ships worth of hit points in damage... 17 hits? Dude... Let those guns cool off for the day. That looks like a real workout. 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

Generally, if I play co-op (due to some event obliging me to) all I do is ram - immediately. It ends the match for me, it "contributes," and it burdens the people who take co-op very seriously with expending the time and effort to wrap things up.

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

Members
177 posts
8,585 battles
42 minutes ago, ruar said:

Last night someone commented how they had never seen so much ramming.

26 minutes ago, awiggin said:

When you only have 4 to 5 minutes to score...

Where is this post going?

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,663 battles

Coop is for yolo. 

• Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts
51 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Untigggtled.png

I guess our expectations for co-op are slightly different. Since I play very little these days, I like to try and maximize my gains when playing.... :Smile_amazed:

And if the bot insists on presenting itself, I'll take that 40/50k of additional damage every time...:Smile_glasses:

Spoiler

G1fnU4e.jpg

VG5MfyO.jpg

BePUBaq.jpg

And this is the reason you have to be aggressive in co-op.

A reasonably competent  DD, can rack up kills, before you can get into position.

Spoiler

nkVyxS8.jpg

Qb3J8Lw.jpg

jFRuHoL.jpg

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,376 posts
20,047 battles

My experience with battles in Co-Op

Kill the enemy destroyer that's leading in front of enemy cruiser kill him next that's leading in front of enemy battleship then finish with a ram and off to next game and repeat

• Funny 2

Members
63 posts
17,960 battles
1 hour ago, ruar said:

The bots aim is so bad that it's pretty easy to get close enough to ram.  You can't get away with that in random.

In co-op the bot DD's that sometimes get added to your team love to yolo ram at the start of the game.  Their only strategy is to yolo rush, and the enemy DD does the same thing, so they meet in the middle and often ram.  You can change the odds by supporting your bot DD's and doing some damage to the enemy DD before the ram occurs.  This increases the chances that your DD will survive to kill again.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,887 posts
9,956 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Whenever there is a directive where  Co-OP makes more sense, the amount of people  hiding behind Islands from those nasty red bots goes way up.

See 2 weeks ago.  (along with the accompanying "Why do I have to deal with CV's in co-op?" threads)

Edited by Anonymous50

[P2W]
Members
426 posts
12,216 battles

This is why WG needs to try something easier than reworking an entire class and just make two changes to Co-op

1. Remove the mercy rule - the bots just need to toughen up if it bothers them to keep losing
  2. Introduce an option for Regular, Hard, and Nightmare levels of Co-op where players get to pick 8v8, 6v12, and 3v18 play modes to give the reds a bit of a chance

Not difficult to code, and anybody who doesn't want to play the new modes is missing Exactly Nothing, unlike the Ripoff Bureau. This way co-op games won't be over in 4 minutes and YOLO charges will no longer be the best strategy.

All of the above presupposes that improving the co-op mode is actually on their list of things to do, which seems unlikely.

[P2W]
Members
426 posts
12,216 battles
9 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Whenever there is a directive where  Co-OP more sense to get done, the amount of people  hiding behind Islands from those nasty red bots goes way up.

You also see people just in from Randoms who are trying to a) develop a plan and b) have that plan include coordinated efforts to cap. I had to tell somebody in a game yesterday that they could feel free to cap all they wanted, but the game was going to be over before the points had any chance to matter; it's the Whose Line Is It Anyway? scoring system. I welcome those people, because they are not going to be competing against me for the bot kills.

• Cool 2

Members
1,295 posts
7,142 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

People are just out to get as much damage as possible.  I think its kind of selfish, since it leaves everybody else to carry the win.

95% of the time (at least) the game is already won in Co-Op and maximizing your damage is the best way to ensure the win anyway. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,343 posts
19,570 battles

Co-op for missions is all about cycle time. Get win, get on to next match ASAP. Ramming is very convenient for that.

Sucks for the people who actually want to play the mode though.

Although what sucks more than anything is the 15 minute matches from the red CV running to the corner opposite your spawn.