You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Rooting for WOWS to Fail

114 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,670 posts
6,345 battles

I must admit, this is one of the stranger phenomenons I've seen.

• Cool 13
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 11

[-K-]
Members
8,333 posts
14,112 battles

There is a big difference in wanting something to fail and wanting it to be better.

• Cool 5

[WOLF7]
Members
12,595 posts

Can't see why anyone would root for a game to fail.

When I call out WG's mistakes, it's not rooting for the game to fail, it's rooting for WG to wake up and start treating their customers better. And perhaps provide a better playing experience.

I'd personally like to see the game continue....but I don't think WG has any idea how to keep it going.:Smile_sad:

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

0 posts

WOWS is failing, currently, and not because of what any critics have to say. WOWS is failing because the team behind its recent development strategies have been shooting their own game in the foot. CV rework, NTC, to name but 2. The latest iteration of failure, the Research Bureau, just confirms a very sad trend. Worse it it displays abusive disdain for its own customers, treating them as fools (which I fear, is partly justified).

• Cool 24
  • Boring 3

[RLGN]
Members
14,297 posts
25,169 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Can't see why anyone would root for a game to fail.

When I call out WG's mistakes, it's not rooting for the game to fail, it's rooting for WG to wake up and start treating their customers better. And perhaps provide a better playing experience.

I'd personally like to see the game continue....but I don't think WG has any idea how to keep it going.:Smile_sad:

18 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I must admit, this is one of the stranger phenomenons I've seen.

I haven’t been very far from wishing for failure; the only thing keeping me from doing so is ‘failure’ would ruin other player’s enjoyment; and I do still find some small enjoyment in the game myself.

Why would I wish it if I did want failure?

Out of pure selfishness, and desire for ‘serves them right’ revenge for the two year lie, followed by eight months of being ‘dumped on’ that is the carrier rework.

I pretty much was hopelessly average with carriers in Randoms, but really enjoyed using them in Co-op and Ops, where my skill weaknesses didn’t matter as much.

WG took away ships I liked and utterly destroyed that fun, and I’m supposed to love them for it?

Like someone else said; WG shot themselves in the foot with various decisions over the last while; if Warships fails, it will be because of self-inflicted wounds.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

What a silly video. The things that this company does - has done, repeatedly - frequently promote feelings of ill-will towards them. Go far enough, and people aren't going to want the game to be a success, so long as it hurts Wargaming.

Duh.

• Cool 6

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,117 posts
18,970 battles

Meh, there are edgelord aftholes that cry out for attention in the only way they know how in every aspect of human life. It's human nature.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 7

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles
7 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Don't we already have enough drama without CCs trying to fan the flames?

Gotta get them views my man.

OT: When WG stops acting like the Russian EA maybe people will start having better feeling about them. Especially in regards to this game which they seem to like using as a test bed for [edited].

• Cool 3

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,878 posts
4,881 battles
10 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Don't we already have enough drama without CCs trying to fan the flames?

brb, I will get more logs

• Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
48 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

The things that this company does - has done, repeatedly - frequently promote feelings of ill-will towards them.

This may be true, but this:

48 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Go far enough, and people aren't going to want the game to be a success, so long as it hurts Wargaming.

is unwarranted.

It's the difference between me warning a patient that their smoking could kill them vs. the afthole move of telling them I hope they die in agony of metastatic cancer. Zoup's complaining about people whose behaviour is in the second category, and I can't exactly blame him. If the game is that unpleasant for you, by all means uninstall and go off somewhere else.  But being toxic about it while continuing to play does nobody any favours.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 5

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,352 posts
20,042 battles

I really like this game but when WG dumps a big stinkin smelly pile of edited on top of us in January and made all of us suffer all these months with no end in sight in their beta test well yeah I'm a little bit salty not hoping for failure but hoping they pull their heads out of their edited

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[YORHA]
Members
4,997 posts
9,992 battles

The funniest thing about this thread is the number of people confirming exactly what he was saying.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[P2W]
Members
426 posts
12,211 battles
54 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Gotta get them views my man.

OT: When WG stops acting like the Russian EA maybe people will start having better feeling about them. Especially in regards to this game which they seem to like using as a test bed for [edited].

Normally I can fill in the blanks without an answer sheet, but I'm really curious to know what got bleeped from your OT comment.

[TBW]
Members
10,283 posts
17,482 battles

This is what happens when a species, throws survival of the fittest out the window and way too many stupid people start overpopulating the Earth.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
189 posts
8,875 battles

Personally, I'd like to see certain things fail (recent excessive monetization trends, grindy events, Research Bureau, just to name a few), but with the goal of proving that WG's data analytics are way off base so as to ultimately improve the game.

The core gameplay is great and keeps me coming back, but I don't like the direction of most of what they are building up around it.  Those things I'd like to see fail.  But the game and the company, no.  I want them to figure out how to better deliver on that great game they've developed.

• Cool 2

[AR]
Members
363 posts
17,165 battles

Indeed it is a strange phenomena.

But I would like to add, this for some strange reason is a uniquely American behavior phenomena. There is a tendency in American psyche that I've observed, where many seem to have some favorite brand/company like say WG and its WoWs game. But at the same time, they root for the company/game/what ever to fail, yet continue to consume the product. You don't really see this kind on of mentality elsewhere and I don't really understand why.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[P2W]
Members
426 posts
12,211 battles
31 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

The funniest thing about this thread is the number of people confirming exactly what he was saying.

Well, I have to say that the click-bait headline, which clearly but falsely implies that HE'S rooting for them to fail, isn't exactly helping, now is it?

• Cool 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,726 posts

For most, it's less wanting it to fail, then trying to warn that it will fail if WG keeps doing what it's doing.

For a few, they've been justifiably warning so long, and WG has not changed course... so that little need that most people have to be right starts whispering in their ear, and they maybe kinda do want it to fail just to have been right. 

I mean, I was right that EA/Bioware was going to ruin SWTOR, but that doesn't make me at all happy. 

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles

a) When people criticize WG, they aren't criticizing labor. Majority of us are in America and despite likely most of us being capitalist I hope they are aware that the nature of a for profit enterprise is for them to devalue their labor so executives can buy a fourth house in Taos or Malibu. This causes the labor force of any enterprise to be overworked. That's how it is because people want that system. When we say WG is [edited], unless we are pointing out a specific thing a worker bee did we are talking about the executives. I'm sure the regular WG workers understand this. Or maybe they are drones too, who knows or cares.

b) The "if you don't like it, then leave" argument is the second worst of all time next to "ur mom". I haven't used it since my balls dropped. Then Zoup doubles down on the bad argument by inferring a financial motivation. I imagine rhetoricians  would convulse listening to that bit.

• Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1