You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

How to Manage your Captains during your grind

5 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts
4,084 battles

I can't get any of my captain points converted to any kind of experience.  Lots of points on many of my captains, but no experience skills because I can't seem to exchange any number of doubloons for any experience skills.  Nearly 5000 battles but all captains still at zero skills experience.  This truly sucks.  With a 15/15 captain I go to the captains screen, select the skills I want, 15 points worth, starting with level 1,  convert the doubloons as prompted and then...NOTHING.  The doubloons are subtracted from my account, but no skills are added to my captain.  Imagine playing your Gearing with zero commander skills.  That's pretty much why I seldom play my many top tier ships, or this game.  In these conditions low tier battles with bots are more fun than playing against other humans who have these magical skills that I don't. 

I hadn't played WOWS for a couple of years and had forgotten why I was so frustrated with it from back then.  That's it...can't figure out how to get captain skills.  Nothing has changed for me.  That "captain skills" screen has been nothing but a doubloon hemorrhage with nothing to show for the expenditure.  That shouldn't be possible, but it works the same way every time.  Any ideas would surly be appreciated.  Maybe the best idea is not to waste any more real money buying doubloons.

[APES]
Members
1,489 posts
8,448 battles
13 hours ago, BungoPete said:

I can't get any of my captain points converted to any kind of experience.  Lots of points on many of my captains, but no experience skills because I can't seem to exchange any number of doubloons for any experience skills.  Nearly 5000 battles but all captains still at zero skills experience.  This truly sucks.  With a 15/15 captain I go to the captains screen, select the skills I want, 15 points worth, starting with level 1,  convert the doubloons as prompted and then...NOTHING.  The doubloons are subtracted from my account, but no skills are added to my captain.  Imagine playing your Gearing with zero commander skills.  That's pretty much why I seldom play my many top tier ships, or this game.  In these conditions low tier battles with bots are more fun than playing against other humans who have these magical skills that I don't. 

I hadn't played WOWS for a couple of years and had forgotten why I was so frustrated with it from back then.  That's it...can't figure out how to get captain skills.  Nothing has changed for me.  That "captain skills" screen has been nothing but a doubloon hemorrhage with nothing to show for the expenditure.  That shouldn't be possible, but it works the same way every time.  Any ideas would surly be appreciated.  Maybe the best idea is not to waste any more real money buying doubloons.

The doubloons are to reset your skills to change your build, they don't add skills.  That is done with elite commander XP, but most use it to retrain captains to new ships.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[SEC_8]
[SEC_8]
Members
164 posts
25,268 battles
On 8/7/2019 at 12:34 PM, Ozium said:

keep them happy?

More rum...

And free DET and ramming signals

Edited by Petrishnikov