Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cruxdei

so,what's gonna happen to the prem italian cruisers?

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,671
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,731 posts
6,996 battles

the italians are coming,but they are not delivering pizza to the  prem cruisers. no SAP,no global warming smoke.

any news about the duca de aosta and abruzzi?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,205 posts
14,360 battles

I assume they will be left as-is. As with the British, the tech-tree line will not be able to start fires with its main armament; it will be left to the premiums to be able to do that.

It will make them somewhat unrepresentative of type, just as the Aigle is with regard to French destroyers (except in reverse, because Aigle is the smoked-up premium in an otherwise smokeless world). But they will still be usable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,502
[-K-]
Members
8,366 posts
14,179 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I assume they will be left as-is. As with the British, the tech-tree line will not be able to start fires with its main armament; it will be left to the premiums to be able to do that.

It will make them somewhat unrepresentative of type, just as the Aigle is with regard to French destroyers (except in reverse, because Aigle is the smoked-up premium in an otherwise smokeless world). But they will still be usable.

Really makes you wonder how WG would balance everything if they could do it all over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,205 posts
14,360 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Really makes you wonder how WG would balance everything if they could do it all over again.

I'm not convinced they won't buff Aigle somewhere down the road. It would be interesting to see her with a Monaghan-like B hull, for which smoke has been removed, MBRB added, and speed boost keyed to behave more like it does on her tech-tree bedmates. It would also allow Aigle drivers to keep their original ship as the A hull if they so wished, and since it need not involve any changes to the actual physical model, it would require very little work save from putting the new hull into the modules section of the port UI for the ship.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
810
[WOLFC]
Members
1,683 posts
9,534 battles

Are these ships going to be rebalanced around SAP and fuel smoke? Nope. Why? Because they are premiums.

Remember GC gate? Even if WG wanted to change these ships to better fit the new tech tree(s), they have effectively tied their own hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
594 posts
4,162 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm not convinced they won't buff Aigle somewhere down the road. It would be interesting to see her with a Monaghan-like B hull, for which smoke has been removed, MBRB added, and speed boost keyed to behave more like it does on her tech-tree bedmates. It would also allow Aigle drivers to keep their original ship as the A hull if they so wished, and since it need not involve any changes to the actual physical model, it would require very little work save from putting the new hull into the modules section of the port UI for the ship.

Well, wouldn't that same thing work for the duca de aosta and abruzzi?  A second hull would suffice to give them the same flavor as the tech-tree ships, without the need for adding more Premium ships, or you could opt to keep the original A hull if you wished and there would be no change to the ship.  It would be the best of both worlds. 

Of course this is different than the current trend WG is following, where they are splitting off ships that have different caliber main guns to make a second ship.  This is going to be interesting, they seem to be following the $$ wherever it leads recently, so I'm going to guess they won't follow this suggestion.  Too bad, it makes sense as a way to adjust premium ships and give captains the choice of how they want the ship to play, and would be a fallback if you don't like the way SAP plays, you just sell your B hull and you would have the ship your originally purchased. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
594 posts
4,162 battles

The only downside I see to the 2 hull suggestion would be that you wouldn't know which Hull you were facing as you enter battle.  I guess you would have to look at the screen as you are loading and browsing over the ships to see how the ship compares, but if you are in a DD (or a BB for that matter) would there really be a way to tell if the Duca has SAP and fuel smoke vs HE?  Maybe with experience you could tell the difference between the 2.  But even that isn't much of a difference from what we have now, take a Omaha for example, the difference between the hulls with 1 or 2 torp launchers per side for instance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,663
[WOLF3]
Members
27,112 posts
23,873 battles

Probably nothing will change for them.  The normal HE shell + Fire setting access of Duca and Abruzzi will in WG's eyes, make them separate and stand apart from the SAP oriented ITA Tech Tree Cruisers.

 

A Battleship can angle or bow camp SAP shells and bounce the attacks.  Even better for the BB player, zero worries about Fires.  But Duca and Abruzzi with normal HE shell access?  They'll pelt them with HE and try to get Fires.  That's probably what WG is going to see and so the existing ITA Premium Cruisers will remain pretty much as they are.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,671
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,731 posts
6,996 battles
16 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Are these ships going to be rebalanced around SAP and fuel smoke? Nope. Why? Because they are premiums.

Remember GC gate? Even if WG wanted to change these ships to better fit the new tech tree(s), they have effectively tied their own hands.

excpet GC is a very strong ship,while duca and abruzzi are pure garbage. WG would actually BUFF  both ships instead of leaving them with their mediocre HE and AP.

GC gate was a embarassing episode of WoWs playerbase where we showed  WG that we want balanced ships but we don't want them to touch our OP ships,i saw the hipocrisy of our playerbase,don't remind me of that.

Edited by Cruxdei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
810
[WOLFC]
Members
1,683 posts
9,534 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

excpet GC is a very strong ship,while duca and abruzzi are pure garbage. WG would actually BUFF  both ships instead of leaving them with their mediocre HE and AP.

But is removing their HE for SAP a buff or a nerf? And wasn’t it part of WG’s officially stated reason for abandoning the effort to rebalance GC (in addition to the loud outrage from the community) that while it was viable at tier 6 it fundamentally changed the “feel” of the ship, or something along those lines?

These types of changes would fundamentally change the character of these ships. Whether or not someone, or even the majority of the playerbase, thinks it would be a good thing doesn’t really matter. WG has already set and recently reaffirmed this precedent.

These Italian CLs might get buffed, But they won’t be getting SAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
240
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

think they are kinda forced to leave them as be, they sure don't want to offer refunds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
64 posts

Maybe they could offer A or B configurations like they do on a few other premium ships. 

I am mostly annoyed that the captain I have been training for future Italian ships is now only optimal on my one premium cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,663
[WOLF3]
Members
27,112 posts
23,873 battles
10 minutes ago, soltic said:

Maybe they could offer A or B configurations like they do on a few other premium ships. 

I am mostly annoyed that the captain I have been training for future Italian ships is now only optimal on my one premium cruiser.

You mean Tirpitz-B, Massachusetts-B, Atago-B, Asashio-B?

The only difference those have from the normal Premium versions is camo color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,205 posts
14,360 battles
7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You mean Tirpitz-B, Massachusetts-B, Atago-B, Asashio-B?

No, he means A and B hulls for the same premium ship after the style of Monaghan or HSF Harekaze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,671
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,731 posts
6,996 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, he means A and B hulls for the same premium ship after the style of Monaghan or HSF Harekaze.

that answer the problem of "i will not know what hull he is using" because the same applies to monaghan and harekaze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles

Much like belfast is to the RN line they will become useless as crew trainers sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,205 posts
14,360 battles
51 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

the problem of "i will not know what hull he is using"

Get within 9km of him and you will find out. (Does any Harekaze driver take anything except the Akizuki guns, and why?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,319 posts
4,594 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Get within 9km of him and you will find out. (Does any Harekaze driver take anything except the Akizuki guns, and why?)


d64.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[-K_P-]
Members
410 posts
3,454 battles
2 hours ago, HayabusaZ said:

The only downside I see to the 2 hull suggestion would be that you wouldn't know which Hull you were facing as you enter battle.  I guess you would have to look at the screen as you are loading and browsing over the ships to see how the ship compares, but if you are in a DD (or a BB for that matter) would there really be a way to tell if the Duca has SAP and fuel smoke vs HE?  Maybe with experience you could tell the difference between the 2.  But even that isn't much of a difference from what we have now, take a Omaha for example, the difference between the hulls with 1 or 2 torp launchers per side for instance.

Same thing already happens with USN Worcester Radar, Hydro or DFAA and the Minotaur Smoke or Radar.  I know there are a few other ships like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,179
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
4 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

the italians are coming,but they are not delivering pizza to the  prem cruisers. no SAP,no global warming smoke.

any news about the duca de aosta and abruzzi?

Warspite doesn't have the improved HE of the RN BB's, Nikolai and October Revolution do not have the inverted RU BB dispersion (and Nikolai has normal DCP's). Agile has smoke. Dunk has no speed boost. Kutz had smoke and no radar and long range torps. Tirpitz originally had gimped secondaries (still the most [edited] premium buff to date). Previous premiums basically have nothing to do with the formal line.

Edited by _RC1138

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
698
[UFFA]
Members
2,112 posts
75 battles

Warspite has a lot of things QE would love. Repair, rudder shift, traverse, AP, etc.

 

Italian tech tree cruiser line has several development passes before it appears. So who knows what it will look like at release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,542
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,173 battles

Heyo Captains!

Its not uncommon for Premiums to have different characteristics than the Tech Tree line (Massachusetts being more Secondary when typically USN BBs are more All-Rounders for example).

We have previously stated since the GC situation, that we do not have intention of touching Premium ships outside wide scale line or mechanics changes.

Fem, 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,483
[WOLF8]
Members
7,352 posts
6,244 battles

It's obvious what WG is going to do. Just look at Aigle vs. Sirocco, lol.

The two existing Italian Premium cruisers will stay as-is, most likely. If they need some buffs, I'm sure WG will tweak their stats as needed to do so. But adding a separate B-hull with the tech tree counterpart gimmicks? Why? What for? That wouldn't generate any sales from people who already have those ships in their ports. Think business, people... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

No, what we'll mostly likely see is few brand new Italian Premium cruisers, with the same "features" as the tech tree counterparts. Maybe they'll be some kind of "sister ships" to the existing Premiums, or whatever. Maybe they'll be same tier, or one tier above/below...  whatever. Nevertheless, this sounds far more feasible to me. 

My 2 doubloons.

Edited by Blorgh2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×