You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
bckstb_ferlyfe

Game is too BORING (add 3 marking, please)

46 comments in this topic

Members
6,857 posts
15,299 battles

So WG wants to engage older players and keep them playing in mid tiers somewhat, hence they are doing their naval training thingymadodad. 

I feel that they could have gotten a lot of mileage out of adding in 3 marking, like in world of tanks. For those that don't know, a player receives a mark on their vehicle for exceeding average damage numbers by the player base in that vehicle over 100 battles. I believe 65% for the first and 80 and 95 for the other 2?

I would love a reason to go play ships like the izyaslav, Clemson, Nikolai, derzki etc. I'd spend a lot of time in the lower tiers with those ships if marking was added into the game. I feel that this is a huge missed opportunity. 

I think they could get a lot of the older good players involved in lower tiers if this was a thing. I think enough of us would be interested that there would even be divisions of people trying to 3 mark their ships. 

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,330 posts
19,492 battles
5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I think they could get a lot of the older good players involved in lower tiers if this was a thing.

Pretty sure they DON'T want this in general, actually.

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,337 posts
20,013 battles
2 minutes ago, Melskiloco said:

inb4 third mark should give you 20% more HP comment is posted....

No i want  20% concealment 

Members
177 posts
8,585 battles
Just now, silverdahc said:

No i want  20% concealment 

1st mark = 20% HP -- 2nd mark +20% conceal -- 3rd mark +20% sigma buff -- Done!

[ARGSY]
Members
20,014 posts
14,281 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I would love a reason to go play ships like the izyaslav, Clemson, Nikolai, derzki etc. I'd spend a lot of time in the lower tiers with those ships if marking was added into the game.

What it seems you're asking for is a visible reward for your seal-clubbing, for others to look upon and (I'm supposing) be impressed with you for what you've done.

There is not enough NO in the world.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,014 posts
14,281 battles
2 minutes ago, Warbeasty_Lives said:

But then more OP players will be beating the pulp in on us new players. 

That's exactly what he can't see, that it would encourage seal-clubbing of such epic proportions that new players would be driven away en masse. It's as bad as the original NTC proposal and arguably worse.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,374 posts
16,142 battles
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Pretty sure they DON'T want this in general, actually.

True. It can sometimes be seen as seal clubbing AND they really want players at the higher tiers where the economy almost demands they put real money into the game to keep playing.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What it seems you're asking for is a visible reward for your seal-clubbing,

I'm against it as well, but not for this reason.

"Seal-clubbing" is a myth created by people who just want to make others feel bad for playing what they have.

"Veterans earning buffs to be even stronger and widen the gap between old and new players, further discouraging new players in mid tiers which are already bleeding new players like an extra in a vampire movie"? That's a valid reason to hate this idea.

• Cool 4

Members
177 posts
8,585 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

True. It can sometimes be seen as seal clubbing AND they really want players at the higher tiers where the economy almost demands they put real money into the game to keep playing.

To be fair - the almost part only applies very short term - once you have lets say your 3rd tier 10, you typically have the skill level to never lose credits...

[ARGSY]
Members
20,014 posts
14,281 battles
3 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Veterans earning buffs to be even stronger and widen the gap between old and new players,

To be fair, I'm not sure the very first post in this thread was explicitly asking for that. Others chimed in with that idea, whether sarcastically or seriously I do not know. 

All WG has to do to make lower tiers great again is drop the eligibility bar for the Dailies missions. My Ishizuchi and Yubari sit mostly unused for this reason, but WG would sell a whole lot more of them if they were something more than just novelties taken out in the brief respites between T5+ grinds.

• Cool 2

Members
177 posts
8,585 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

All WG has to do to make lower tiers great again is drop the eligibility bar for the Dailies missions. My Ishizuchi and Yubari sit mostly unused for this reason, but WG would sell a whole lot more of them if they were something more than just novelties taken out in the brief respites between T5+ grinds.

Is there a T5 min requirement on the container collection?  or just on the random daily missions?
And either way, i am unsure why they would have that limit in place. I can't believe that seal clubbers would care about that limitation.

[CVA16]
Members
5,374 posts
16,142 battles
10 minutes ago, Melskiloco said:

To be fair - the almost part only applies very short term - once you have lets say your 3rd tier 10, you typically have the skill level to never lose credits...

Not so sure. Bad luck, bad RNG and bad teams (and lack of unicum level skill) can still make credit losing games common. Premium Time helps, but I am (mostly) a free to play player.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

To be fair, I'm not sure the very first post in this thread was explicitly asking for that. Others chimed in with that idea, whether sarcastically or seriously I do not know. 

WG explicitly said that they don't believe players would do something if it didn't reward a tangible upgrade.

It's a reasonable assumption, then, that WG would try to staple passive upgrades to a system like this.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[ARGSY]
Members
20,014 posts
14,281 battles
1 minute ago, Melskiloco said:

Is there a T5 min requirement on the container collection?  or just on the random daily missions?
And either way, i am unsure why they would have that limit in place. I can't believe that seal clubbers would care about that limitation.

Any tier can earn crates by earning XP for the day - that's the one VERY good thing about this game that lets players at all levels compete on a relatively level playing field. It might take more effort to accumulate the coal for Salem if you're sailing a Weymouth rather than a Minotaur, but it's still possible. 

However, the dailies offer useful prizes - including chunks of 1000 ship XP on days whose dates end in a 4 or 9 - and sometimes the end reward is a permacamo for a tech tree ship (which would otherwise cost players real money). 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,014 posts
14,281 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

WG explicitly said that they don't believe players would do something if it didn't reward a tangible upgrade.

Yes and no. When the original NTC proposal including buffs came out, I distinctly remember some people talking about being quite content with decorative items.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes and no. When the original NTC proposal including buffs came out, I distinctly remember some people talking about being quite content with decorative items.

I'm not talking about what players were OK with. That's what WG said when asked why the NTC wasn't just cosmetic items.

Members
6,857 posts
15,299 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That didn't mean they were going to chase after them, that was specifically so that they didn't feel like they had to chase after them. If it was performance buffs, then high level players have to chase them to stay relevant. 

[-A-8-]
Members
446 posts
19,205 battles

Bad idea. 3 marking in tanks leads to players only wanting to farm damage and not caring if the team wins or loses. Light tanks sat at the back with the tank destroyers gets very old very fast.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
4,970 battles

I would love the ability to 3 mark ships... but what visuals would you suggest? Barrel rings dont exactly work I'm WoWS, and multiple flags has already been used for general aesthetics.