Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Just Got Mr 1ST Coal/Steel Rewards Ship

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,652
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,081 posts

I Was leaning towards  Salem or Georgia  as one I tend to like cruisers better OTH  I like the whole concept of a secondary ship, Too I like the AA on them what I think finally tipped the scale too Jean Bart was the hope that I could use her to get the new French  commander as I've said before the French DD's hold no interest for me. The downside is getting her I gave up most of my Steel  OTH  I don't see much chance of my getting any of the steel ships anytime soon so all's well that end's well:cap_cool:

Jean_Bart.png

Jean_Bart#2.png

  • Cool 7
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,695
[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,762 battles

Good for you. I hope she brings good luck and eats the souls of those who oppose you.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,708
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,165 battles

Good job love the JB she is fun to play but my win rate in her is a horror . 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
885
[USCC]
Members
3,001 posts
13,776 battles

Congrats!
I just picked up mine this week as well, used my stock pile of coal, was a good choice I think, only 8 games i think so far.


But something to note, no matter what kind of game you have, you'll make credits, I haven't been on the losing end of credits in her yet, and I have had a couple real stinker games too. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,652
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,081 posts
15 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Good for you. I hope she brings good luck and eats the souls of those who oppose you.

TYVM  1st battle just now got mutual destruction on a Vladivostok when he rammed  all in all pretty happy with her:Smile_veryhappy::cap_rambo:

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,888
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,277 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

I Was leaning towards  Salem or Georgia  as one I tend to like cruisers better OTH  I like the whole concept of a secondary ship, Too I like the AA on them what I think finally tipped the scale too Jean Bart was the hope that I could use her to get the new French  commander as I've said before the French DD's hold no interest for me. The downside is getting her I gave up most of my Steel  OTH  I don't see much chance of my getting any of the steel ships anytime soon so all's well that end's well:cap_cool:

Jean_Bart.png

Jean_Bart#2.png

Congrats on getting the Jean Bart!

Let us know after a few matches what you like about it! The Jean Bart is a fun ship to play and has a lot of positives going for it. 

If you have questions or need help, don't be afraid to ask =).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,652
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,081 posts
9 minutes ago, Kami said:

Congrats on getting the Jean Bart!

Let us know after a few matches what you like about it! The Jean Bart is a fun ship to play and has a lot of positives going for it. 

If you have questions or need help, don't be afraid to ask =).

I love her AA  she move's fast too which is one of the Few things I  Don't Lke About the Massachusetts,Missouri:Smile_sad:All in all very happy with the Jean Bart

Edited by shadowsrmine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
91 posts
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

TYVM  1st battle just now got mutual destruction on a Vladivostok when he rammed  all in all pretty happy with her:Smile_veryhappy::cap_rambo:

If you think you are happy with that ship now, wait until an enemy tries to make a U-turn in front of your guns and you just double-tap them with a 10s reload on battleship guns. Seriously, that consumable is really powerful! 

Good choice, it's a great ship!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,481
[-K-]
Members
8,335 posts
14,112 battles
28 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

she move's fast too which is one of the Few things I  Don't Lke About the Massachusetts,Missouri:Smile_sad:

FYI,  Missouri's top speed of 33 knots actually outpaces Jean Bart's 32.4 knots with speed boost active.  So technically, Jean Bart is the slower ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,065
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,878 posts
4,881 battles

Jean Bart is far my favorite ship to use in ranked battle. If I had a choice between Missouri or Jean Bart, JB win every time. The reload booster on her is a monster. When ever you pull around the corner and you see a boardside target at less then 10km, HIT THAT RELOAD BOOSTER! lol. You be like, "surprise [edited]"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,265
[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,276 battles
8 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

I Was leaning towards  Salem or Georgia  as one I tend to like cruisers better OTH  I like the whole concept of a secondary ship, Too I like the AA on them what I think finally tipped the scale too Jean Bart was the hope that I could use her to get the new French  commander ...

Congratulations ... you've picked up a really fine ship!  I also tend to like Cruisers more than BBs, but JB is in some ways like the cruiser-esque Scharnhorst, i.e. nimble, quick, with a surprising amount of firepower and really, really good credit earnings.. 

I got mine for the last Tier 9 Ranked ... and was amazed at the damage I could do to Musashis ... Definitely put one of the Honore brothers on your highest tier French BB and share him with Jean Bart.  Expert Marksman comes in more handy than you would think with the two front mounted turrents.  AR is great as well.

I also spec'ed AFT before CE, for the boost to the secondaries.  BoS and Superintendent for the extra Heal, Speed & Reload boosts round out the key areas for my 16 point Captain.  I'd recommend the Speed and Reload boost modules as well.

Once again, enjoy and kick some Red butt in Ranked! 

 

Edited by DocWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
233
[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, Supertester
946 posts
13,296 battles

Congrats on earning that vessel. She is really strong and will bring you a lot of fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,652
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,081 posts
12 hours ago, DocWalker said:

Congratulations ... you've picked up a really fine ship!  I also tend to like Cruisers more than BBs, but JB is in some ways like the cruiser-esque Scharnhorst, i.e. nimble, quick, with a surprising amount of firepower and really, really good credit earnings.. 

I got mine for the last Tier 9 Ranked ... and was amazed at the damage I could do to Musashis ... Definitely put one of the Honore brothers on your highest tier French BB and share him with Jean Bart.  Expert Marksman comes in more handy than you would think with the two front mounted turrents.  AR is great as well.

I also spec'ed AFT before CE, for the boost to the secondaries.  BoS and Superintendent for the extra Heal, Speed & Reload boosts round out the key areas for my 16 point Captain.  I'd recommend the Speed and Reload boost modules as well.

Once again, enjoy and kick some Red butt in Ranked! 

 

Question one of the Honore brothers not the new french commander?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,265
[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,276 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

Question one of the Honore brothers not the new french commander?

A good point and question ... I wasn't even thinking about the new commander coming out. 

So, give up EM and AR in exchange for SE ... I use SE on DDs, but use BoS on BBs, not SE ... in addition, get 3 Talents.  Fully Armed definitely offsets the loss of AR, but all Talents must be activated first.

The good news is, unless you keep a captain only for Jean Bart (I don't) you can have both ... and see which one works better.  An Honore or Auboyneau.  I think I would still choose an Honore for the Jean Bart.

P.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
typo
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
329
[WOLFG]
Members
540 posts
12,622 battles

Jean Bart is a great ship.  Fun to play, and makes decent credits.  It does well even in tier X battles.  It was my first coal ship too.  Good luck and have fun with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,989
[ARGSY]
Members
20,068 posts
14,307 battles
13 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

So, give up EM and AR in exchange for SE ... I use SE on DDs, but use BoS on BBs, not SE ... in addition, get 3 Talents.  Fully Armed definitely offsets the loss of AR, but all Talents must be activated first.

The good news is, unless you keep a captain only for Jean Bart (I don't) you can have both ... and see which one works better.  An Honore or Auboyneau.  I think I would still choose an Honore for the Jean Bart.

JJ Honore is my Richelieu captain, and naturally goes in the Jean Bart.

We had a debate on these forums on the value of survivability expert for a dedicated battleship captain, and my opinion is that the consensus was no. It certainly doesn't give a very high PERCENTAGE increase to HP, although it might give you enough to let you last through a fire or flood that might otherwise have killed you. My first 19 pointer has it and it sometimes helps, but he spends time driving British destroyers and cruisers, for which the  benefit is more tangible. 

 

SE boost smells of destroyer captain, especially since Auboyneau's special talents are linked to all three of cap control, damage tanking (hopefully through evasion) and Dev Strikes (through torpedo salvoes). That's a BIG HINT right there. :Smile_great:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,265
[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,276 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

...

SE boost smells of destroyer captain, especially since Auboyneau's special talents are linked to all three of cap control, damage tanking (hopefully through evasion) and Dev Strikes (through torpedo salvoes). That's a BIG HINT right there. :Smile_great:

Exactly ... Since I have no current interest in the French DDs, I'm looking forward to getting Auboyneau for my Aigle ... which obviously has a dedicated captain.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,652
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,081 posts
3 hours ago, DocWalker said:

A good point and question ... I wasn't even thinking about the new commander coming out. 

So, give up EM and AR in exchange for SE ... I use SE on DDs, but use BoS on BBs, not SE ... in addition, get 3 Talents.  Fully Armed definitely offsets the loss of AR, but all Talents must be activated first.

The good news is, unless you keep a captain only for Jean Bart (I don't) you can have both ... and see which one works better.  An Honore or Auboyneau.  I think I would still choose an Honore for the Jean Bart.

P.jpg


2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

JJ Honore is my Richelieu captain, and naturally goes in the Jean Bart.

We had a debate on these forums on the value of survivability expert for a dedicated battleship captain, and my opinion is that the consensus was no. It certainly doesn't give a very high PERCENTAGE increase to HP, although it might give you enough to let you last through a fire or flood that might otherwise have killed you. My first 19 pointer has it and it sometimes helps, but he spends time driving British destroyers and cruisers, for which the  benefit is more tangible. 

 

SE boost smells of destroyer captain, especially since Auboyneau's special talents are linked to all three of cap control, damage tanking (hopefully through evasion) and Dev Strikes (through torpedo salvoes). That's a BIG HINT right there. :Smile_great:


2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

Exactly ... Since I have no current interest in the French DDs, I'm looking forward to getting Auboyneau for my Aigle ... which obviously has a dedicated captain.

Yeah this Commander looks like the Only Area Of Interest to me in the French  DD  Event  :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,265
[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,276 battles
8 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:


Yeah this Commander looks like the Only Area Of Interest to me in the French  DD  Event  :Smile_facepalm:

As a Work in Progress Commander, there are some changes in the works ... won't be final of course, until he's released.  Just a head's up.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-087/

PA.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,265
[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,276 battles
13 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_sad:So perhaps not worth having after all:Smile_facepalm:

I got the new captain in PTS and assigned him to the Aigle (only French DD I have).  His special banner is nice little tri-color pennant at the top of the main mast.  I tried a couple of games but at 3v3 and even 6v6 I not able to get any of the special skills to activate (and they are nerfed in the update). edit: the most potential damage I received was only 260,000+ ... a long way from 2 million.

I may try later today and see if there are more folks online (only 63 when I first logged in) to get a quicker battle with more combatants.  You might want to give it a try as well.  He may not be as strong, but he is a 10 pointer with 1 good special skill for DDs ... so I will get him for my Aigle in the main game.

Aigle_PA.jpg

PA_Aigle.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
added info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[CDMX]
Members
111 posts
8,074 battles

Congratulations

One of the best BB of the game.

A true monster ...

You couldn't choose better !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×