Sign in to follow this  
Herr_Reitz

Total War Arena Six Months gone

8 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,521 posts

I remember thinking how much I would have like to play TWA but at the time, my hardware would not support it. After I got a hardware update came the news it would shutting down. Bummers. 

So now I wonder what, if anything they will do with it? Seems a tremendous waste to just wipe it from the real world, never to be played again. I should think it was quite the investment for them. What do you guys - if you are aware of it - think will become of it? Nothing? 

It is rough reading through a lot of the comments about the game shutting down. There were some hard-core fans to be sure. The biggest complaint/reason I saw for it shutting down had to do with forcing players to reset? Something about pulling it from Steam requiring account resets or the like? 

Which I found strange in a way, as WoWS now (to a small point) incorporates Steam. 

Anything you can share would be of interest to me, really. I like looking back to see where things are going. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,521 posts

Apologies for posting to my own thread... but 

As we are no longer published by Wargaming, we are unfortunately unable to link Wargaming purchases to any account information on our servers. All refunds at the time of shutdown were all handled by Wargaming, and if you have further questions about it then WG Support is the only place that can help there.

So wow... this must have been a total loss for WG... you wanna bet this goes gangbusters in China? 

[KWF]
Members
4,377 posts
6,405 battles

As far as am aware, WG has moved onto Pagan Online, their take on a Diablo-esque RPG. Seems ok, though reviews on Steam appear mixed.

[TOG]
Members
4,158 posts
24,131 battles

The biggest issue I had with TWA was that the number of units you command is too small and you're forced to either

1. Depend on adjacent players to hold the line (good luck with that)

2. you depend on units like elephants.

There was a no tactical strategic mind set. All of it mindless zerg rush. Nothing like total War at all. No not surprised it failed.

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

I could have gotten in on the beta test but looked at it and it seemed dull to start with, so I never bothered.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,521 posts

Well I do think it will be interesting to follow it's return in China. It could prove immensely popular there. 

Thanks for mentioning Pagan Online... looks interesting. 

Members
1 post
79 battles
On 8/7/2019 at 8:32 AM, Bill_Halsey said:

The biggest issue I had with TWA was that the number of units you command is too small and you're forced to either

2. you depend on units like elephants.

There was a no tactical strategic mind set. All of it mindless zerg rush. Nothing like total War at all. No not surprised it failed.

Was able to kill 9 elephants while battling with those "mindless" zerg allies rush.

LK will be back if and when it comes back to the rest of the world.

Edited by LordCommanderGuts

Sign in to follow this