You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Wigglespank

Have the coal chances from daily containers been nerfed?

27 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
847 posts
2,029 battles

I've been playing nearly every day for the last few weeks, and more often than not, have been earning all three containers. I always take more resources, in hopes of earning as much coal as possible.

I have not received a container that's had more than one bag of coal in it, when it used to be quite common to get two and sometimes three bags of coal. I often go several months without playing, so perhaps I missed a patch note about changing the drops. There's always the possibility I've just been having crappy luck, but thought I'd bring it up and ask if anyone else has seen a change.

• Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,643 posts
Just now, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I've been playing nearly every day for the last few weeks, and more often than not, have been earning all three containers. I always take more resources, in hopes of earning as much coal as possible.

I have not received a container that's had more than one bag of coal in it, when it used to be quite common to get two and sometimes three bags of coal. I often go several months without playing, so perhaps I missed a patch note about changing the drops. There's always the possibility I've just been having crappy luck, but thought I'd bring it up and ask if anyone else has seen a change.

I got three bags of coal a couple of times in the last few days.  

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,060 posts
36,029 battles

Yeah me too, got three bags a couple of times too. I havent felt any nerf.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
847 posts
2,029 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Well hell, I've just been having crappy luck with them.

I have seen some double free xp drops, and that's always nice, but I do like those triple coal drops.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,643 posts
7 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

Well hell, I've just been having crappy luck with them.

I have seen some double free xp drops, and that's always nice, but I do like those triple coal drops.

I keep hoping for more Port slots. They are very rare but every once in a while I get one. They show up as a big anchor. I got one last month.

[DTB]
Members
264 posts
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Most of the time I get one bag of coal, occasionally two and I've never got three.

[4HIM]
Members
3,021 posts
12,631 battles

Went for several weeks not getting any more than one bag.  Then in one day I got a 3 bag drop twice.  Haven't seen a triple bag since.  

[WOLF5]
Members
1,075 posts
8,912 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I keep hoping for more Port slots. They are very rare but every once in a while I get one. They show up as a big anchor. I got one last month.

There was another recent thread about this. I recall that a couple of years ago you would routinely get these in the normal course of play. Further, you would continually get extra "Reserve spots" (or some term like that) for Captains. I recall that people were getting so many that some started to complain. I have not received either in probably a year or more.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,571 battles
49 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

There was another recent thread about this. I recall that a couple of years ago you would routinely get these in the normal course of play. Further, you would continually get extra "Reserve spots" (or some term like that) for Captains. I recall that people were getting so many that some started to complain. I have not received either in probably a year or more.

They dropped constantly. I have never bought one and I have hundreds of reserve slots. You are correct, it wasn't that they got the slots in crates, it was the sheer amount of them at the detriment of other prizes that got players a bit miffed. Course instead of just adjusting the odds to tone it down a bit, they removed them...

I have gotten tons of crates and never got a Port slot, only captain reserve slots. As a matter of fact, I can not recall anyone ever mentioning getting  port slot. Does not mean it hasn't happened, just never seen anyone post that they got one...

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,582 battles

Yesterday from two containers a 3 bag drop and a 2 bag drop.

Someone collected a bunch of data and it game out to 500 per resource crate on average, so most days are 1 bag.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
807 posts
7,168 battles

Monday evening I got a triple coal crate. I used to do the try your luck container, but I pick the more resources container now.

Last night I was really lucky. I got two super containers in a row. No coal or steel, the first one had 50 WoWs Anniversary camos, the second one had 50 La Fheile Padraig camos. It’s been a few months since my last super container. 

Edited by Diesel_Thunder
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles
22 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

It’s been a few months since my last super container. 

"Father forgive me for I have sinned. It's been three months since my last Confession." :Smile_hiding:

5 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I have not received a container that's had more than one bag of coal in it, when it used to be quite common to get two and sometimes three bags of coal.

I've gotten triple bags quite recently, and indeed over the course of this year I have been quite lucky with these. I may have been poaching your RNG.

That being said, I don't exactly mind; everything that's in these resource crates is something I want and can use, especially the Equal Speed Charlie London and other economic flags; at least one coal bag is always guaranteed; and sometimes I even get a supercontainer as a bonus.

33 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have gotten tons of crates and never got a Port slot, only captain reserve slots. As a matter of fact, I can not recall anyone ever mentioning getting  port slot

I received several over the course of the game, some in supercontainers but others mostly in More Credits containers (and mostly before the More Resources containers were added into the game). Now they are much less common, and they do not keep up with the growing need for space in my port.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,571 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I received several over the course of the game, some in supercontainers but others mostly in More Credits containers (and mostly before the More Resources containers were added into the game). Now they are much less common, and they do not keep up with the growing need for space in my port.

Ahh that probably explains it. I used to take only the Try Your Luck ones and then Resources when that was added. 

[A-I-M]
Members
3,040 posts
13,308 battles

Ive received a few double drops over the last month, and maybe one triple over that time. That seems down a bit, but...

Also got three supercontainers in the last two weeks- 15k coal, 1000 doubloons, and 50 camos that give +50% credits and XP.

So on balance, I think I’m ahead of the averages, but without the SCs, it seems down.

[TOG]
Members
4,156 posts
24,118 battles

Been getting single coal for a while, but I'm not too worried. Between the daily missions and the clan coal port, I got about 308k. A little here, a little there and it adds up.

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
5 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Was that in a "More Resource" container? I haven't played since the end of June (moved-inadequate wifi...irrelevant) but from the time Resource containers arrived I had almost exclusively chose them & at least 90% of the time gotten all 3 containers each day & I NEVER got a port slot (or fortunately a commander slot as I too have more of those than I will ever use) in a resource container.

As per the OP:

5 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I have not received a container that's had more than one bag of coal in it

After the update w/the new BB for coal in the armory arrived (forget the name...not the JB but the newer 1 from a few updates ago) I went from averaging 3 coal twice in 5 days (w/3 or 4 containers w/2 coal in those 5 days) to almost a solid month w/only 1 coal in each of the 3 containers before I started seeing 2/3 coal drops & they were still very rare after they did start appearing again.

There was definitely a drop (at least for me) after that BB dropped but haven't played lately so no present data to add.

I actually had 2 days (a few months apart...not back to back) where all 3 containers dropped 3 coal each...those were sweet...3600 coal in a day (not counting clan bonus...8% the 1st time & 10% the 2nd time...which happened right before the update & dry spell began).

I did get 3 SCs during that (coal) dry spell month though...no coal in them but 2 were  back to back days & 1 had (not 50 but actually) 100 speed flags (think it was free xp & camos in the other 2) so can't complain about the speed flags.

Members
3,092 posts
6,672 battles

Semi-related, but what do you guys think is the best choice for daily containers? I've mostly been taking signal containers lately and alternating with Try Your Luck ones. I've had pretty good luck on supercontainers and have probably gotten ten or fifteen since I started playing six months ago. 

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,277 battles

Hey Captains,

There has been no change to the coal chances for your daily crates.

More Resources:

Three items.

1. 400 Coal

2. 400 Coal, 500 FXP, or 3x Equal Speed Charlie London signals.

3. 400 Coal, 500 FXP, or 3x signals (Hotel Yankee, November Foxtrot, Juliet Charlie, Zulu, Zulu Hotel, or Papa Papa).

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,582 battles
31 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Semi-related, but what do you guys think is the best choice for daily containers? I've mostly been taking signal containers lately and alternating with Try Your Luck ones. I've had pretty good luck on supercontainers and have probably gotten ten or fifteen since I started playing six months ago. 

1.  I pick resource containers.  I used to pick TYL, but my luck sucks.

2.  I hate you for your TYL luck.

• Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles
24 minutes ago, Kami said:

There has been no change to the coal chances for your daily crates.

That's not the question they're asking. The question revolves around the probability that slot 2 plus or minus slot 3 will also contain coal, and whether those probabilities have been adjusted adversely.

[THREE]
Members
2,400 posts
13,191 battles

Hey

It's like everything else; like super containers, it's all RNG based and well, good luck with that.  I haven't seen a super containers in many months and same for more than one bag of coal in a normal container drop.  Also seems like it's slower than ever to earn convert XP and even credits seems slower.  Could there have been changes to the economy?

Pete

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,277 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That's not the question they're asking. The question revolves around the probability that slot 2 plus or minus slot 3 will also contain coal, and whether those probabilities have been adjusted adversely.

Yes, if you choose the "resources" container, you have a chance to get coal in slot 2 and 3. The chances/values of this have not been changed. 

Members
590 posts
4,152 battles

I haven't been watching this closely, but I have been receiving the 2 and occasionally the 3 coal drops over the last few weeks.  

I'm working on getting a Jean Bart from the armory!  Thanks WG for the Frenchflakes, they have been a big help in building my coal reserves.

Members
367 posts
10,515 battles

I generally try for a cash container, then resources container, then 'Try Your Luck' container if I've played a lot of games. I'll sometimes get coal in the cash container, and I've occasionally gotten two or three coal in the resources container (but usually a fair number of FXP bonuses). I often end up with just 4 flags on the TYL container, but I've gotten 900 coal on occasion. I haven't noticed any nerfing.

Members
3,092 posts
6,672 battles
3 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

1.  I pick resource containers.  I used to pick TYL, but my luck sucks.

2.  I hate you for your TYL luck.

Heh, I should have tracked what I got. I remember 2x 1,000 doubloons, a 50x Ocean Soul Camo, some number of India Delta signals (100?), and I also got a Perth + 10-pt commander.