You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

Giulio Cesare guns nerf

33 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
696 posts
9,949 battles

I've played three games since 0.8.6 and gun performance was consistently bad. I don't recall being unable to delete broadsiding Omaha 10km away but now it happens and I was quite surprised to see this. I understand that the game is based on RNG but there were a lot of salvos in three games; GC is my first prem ship so I literally learned game in it and have pretty good feeling how it behaves. Again--maybe it was a bad RNG indeed but I'm inclined to call it a silent nerf. I'm curious if anyone notices this too.

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles

I played several games in Giulio Cesare recently due to the current "Italy:  French destroyers" directive.

I can confirm (in my humble opinion) GC did not suffer a stealth nerf.  She is still grand, even when bottom tier.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
990 posts
6 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

I've played three games since 0.8.6 and gun performance was consistently bad. I don't recall being unable to delete broadsiding Omaha 10km away but now it happens and I was quite surprised to see this. I understand that the game is based on RNG but there were a lot of salvos in three games; GC is my first prem ship so I literally learned game in it and have pretty good feeling how it behaves. Again--maybe it was a bad RNG indeed but I'm inclined to call it a silent nerf. I'm curious if anyone notices this too.

It may be that you had bad rng or the GC was nerfed . Haven't taken mine out lately but leave it to WG to nerf stuff without saying anything to anyone . Then again. Maybe it just wasn't clicking for you m8.

GL.

Cheers o>

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles

@dimzzy a nerf diminishes a ships capabilities a buff increases them. Neither has been done to the GC.

[POP]
Members
1,573 posts
22,607 battles

Last time there was talk of GC being nerfed the place damn near burnt to the ground ...

• Cool 3

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,811 battles
1 hour ago, Alabamastan said:

Last time there was talk of GC being nerfed the place damn near burnt to the ground ...

GC NERFED NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAY IT IS NOT SO :Smile_veryhappy:

Image result for pitchforks and fire gif

[WORX]
Members
10,683 posts
18,567 battles

Nerf  of the GC??? lol NO!

I can confirm with my poor stats and disdain for the OP/over capable of the BB class... She is the must OP ship in the tier.

So no, she is fine... No "stealth" nerf or nerfs on her.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 3

[PT]
Members
785 posts
2,779 battles

I do find the GCs accuracy to be comical half the time. It either hits the target hard or its shells fly off everywhere except where you're aiming it.. It's secondary accuracy is even more hilarious, it's like Stevie Wonder is controlling the gun director.. 

[INTEL]
Members
13,068 posts
36,066 battles
3 hours ago, dimzzy said:

She's fine. No changes were made. Guns behave as they always have.

Members
1,872 posts

I cant comment on the Giulio's dispersion and ability to delete an Omaha... I have one but have never bothered...

But I can confirm to you that they still sink gloriously after 8 torpedoes from a Fujin!!

Easy kills...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Boring 2

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Are we going to repeat the hilarity of "But WG nurfed muh Missouri dispersion!" thing all over again?

I'm sure LWM would love to revisit such things.

Looked like a headache to get all that data to show nothing changed and it was someone saying something on a stream that started it. :Smile_facepalm:

[-1]
Members
696 posts
9,949 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

We never do such tricky things as silent changes of any settings. I wonder if it even possible with so many players and open stats. 
Even minor changes are always visible and we always announce them in advance on our official Portal. 
Nevertheless, there are too many setting. And sometimes bugs happen. They are always reported with evidence and investigated asap. And we always tell about them. 
There were situations when some justified reports from our players led to the fixes. So thank you for raising such questions from time to time.  

Alright--let's call it a streak of bad RNG then. Thank you for confirming this though!

• Cool 1

[B-Z]
Members
1,680 posts
17,965 battles

Mine feels like a bag of dog poo as well. Missing broadside ships at 5km completely. One overpens on a ship at 10km. It's weird. 

[THREE]
Members
2,142 posts
10,912 battles
9 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Are we going to repeat the hilarity of "But WG nurfed muh Missouri dispersion!" thing all over again?

Not gonna lie, all the hype around that, got even me paranoid.

• Cool 1

[--V--]
Members
1,419 posts
13,611 battles

I still find it hilarious people refuse to believe game developers don't make changes without telling them.   Companies/Developers can and will do what they want and not tell you.  So, is a GC nerf plausible?  Absolutely.  IMO they've done it to several ships.   Unless you have the source code versions to compare, you'll never know.

• Boring 1

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
17 hours ago, SeaborneSumo said:

I still find it hilarious people refuse to believe game developers don't make changes without telling them  Companies/Developers can and will do what they want and not tell you.  So, is a GC nerf plausible?  Absolutely.  IMO they've done it to several ships.   Unless you have the source code versions to compare, you'll never know.

This doesn't seem constructive without details. It's even economically disastrous to change anything without letting know our players about changes.
Because the reputational risks here are many times higher than any possible profit. I guess this should be obvious.

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
6 hours ago, turbo07 said:

We never do such tricky things as silent changes of any settings. I wonder if it even possible with so many players and open stats. 
Even minor changes are always visible and we always announce them in advance on our official Portal. 
Nevertheless, there are too many setting. And sometimes bugs happen. They are always reported with evidence and investigated asap. And we always tell about them. 
There were situations when some justified reports from our players led to the fixes. So thank you for raising such questions from time to time.  

Except for the times you did, like when you nerfed Yamato's armor scheme and said it was just a graphical update that wouldn't affect gameplay.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

This is how you people got started on the ""But WG Nurfed Muh Missouri!" event we had a while ago, and started embarrassing yourselves.

"GOD I missed some shots!  WG must have changed something on the ship!" - You people

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
7 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Except for the times you did, like when you nerfed Yamato's armor scheme and said it was just a graphical update that wouldn't affect gameplay.

And everything was returned back, and we honestly admitted, apologized and told about it. But this just proves my words above.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

And everything was returned back, and we honestly admitted, apologized and told about it. But this just proves my words above.

Not that I doubt you, but the fact that my first thought was "When?" kinda points out that this acknowledgement might not have been as publicly visible as it needed to be.

Bad news spreads fast. Good news needs more effort to reach the same number of ears.

• Cool 1

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
9 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Not that I doubt you, but the fact that my first thought was "When?" kinda points out that this acknowledgement might not have been as publicly visible as it needed to be.

Bad news spreads fast. Good news needs more effort to reach the same number of ears.

I won't wonder if some players even missed this moment, but it was covered on the forum, i guess this is not the only link (plus reddit):

Spoiler

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
4 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

The GC is quite good. I bet it could just be put to tier 6 and perform just fine.

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1