You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KHyena

"lets rework to make cvs more popular"

112 comments in this topic

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,930 battles

"lets rework to make cvs (dumb) more popular"

And lets nerf it util no one else play with~

image.png.9faaf3e5f4c62ab1a70d973230e5fbac.png

image.png.fa87b8d4110e9ca018eea395c07b99fe.png

Congratz wargame! You did it! You destroy the cvs, you make the old good players stop playing, and you keep working hard to make they unplayable.

Now why you just not remove it from the game and refund people how lose their money buying premium ships and cammo?

Why make ever cv player life miserable patch after patch?

Reactions with haha only because i lost my money in this s**t premium/cammo for cvs.

source:

• Cool 11
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 12

Members
3,679 posts
8,104 battles

We got nobody to blame. They tried to make everything ready before pushing everything onto the live server, but nobody on PTS servers takes it seriously and went full AA, making all the data meaningless.

Still, I am happy that the old RTS CVs are gone, what we have now is not great, possibly not even good, but better than what we had before.

• Cool 4
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,930 battles
4 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

We got nobody to blame. They tried to make everything ready before pushing everything onto the live server, but nobody on PTS servers takes it seriously and went full AA, making all the data meaningless.

Still, I am happy that the old RTS CVs are gone, what we have now is not great, possibly not even good, but better than what we had before. 

PTS is meaningless, its only work to give a "peak" what is going be, not to change anything sinse the data is no seriously.

Anyway, good you are happy with this "new cvs" because they are so useles and bad and terrible compared with the old one they make the "main" population "happy".

If they want make the cvs so useless in a point no one else use it *at this point* i prefer they just remove it from the game and refund our lost money.

• Boring 5

Members
3,679 posts
8,104 battles
4 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Anyway, good you are happy with this "new cvs" because they are so useles and bad and terrible compared with the old one they make the "main" population "happy".

Not actually. I've enjoyed the reworked Ryujo and I'm excited to get higher on the Carrier tech trees. I'm not ignoring the fact that they are currently not performing to their captain's expectations, but seeing that WG is actively tweaking the balance with every patch, my hopes that they will make it right eventually is high.

Still, I understand how people like you would be angry, getting entire squadrons wiped out by a surprise kidd is not fun, let WG hear your voice, this is the forums afterall.

• Cool 2

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,930 battles
10 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Not actually. I've enjoyed the reworked Ryujo and I'm excited to get higher on the Carrier tech trees. I'm not ignoring the fact that they are currently not performing to their captain's expectations, but seeing that WG is actively tweaking the balance with every patch, my hopes that they will make it right eventually is high.

Still, I understand how people like you would be angry, getting entire squadrons wiped out by a surprise kidd is not fun, let WG hear your voice, this is the forums afterall.

Good for you, you are a good masochist :P but we seeing the cv population dropping to almost pre-rework levels, and is become worse patch after patch.

They are not "balacing" they are just nerfing to make cvs useless, they alread admiti that "we are happy with the cv efficience now" (in the video) they alread admit the cvs are overnerfed and they keep nerfing it.

Anyway, i dont care for a surprised kidd (sinse i'm not stupid to let one kidd "surprised" me), its just become worse and worse to make anything irrelevant play with a carrier, and i'm not talking about attack powerfull AA ships.

I lost my favorite ships (midway - 844 battles / (saipan / enterprise / taiho superi-unicum in all 3)) in this rework, the gameplay is so terrible and useless i dont like even see they in my port anymore, thats what make me angry.

Oh and i put my money in trash buying all 4 premium cvs (before the rework of course) for they change the gameplay and make ships become useless :fish_aqua: i dont put my money in that gameplay, i dont buy this ships for that gameplay, if they are working to make the cvs useless just remove it from the game or refund the people how actually lost their money (sadily i dont even think i can sue the wg because this... i could use this money in a fun games, not in this [edited] they change it, "refund" with doublons is not refund, i buy a cv to play with a cv, not to use in a "surface" boring ship).

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles

@HyenaHiena It is senseless to keep making this complaint. WG screwed us over with the CV rework and will continue to do so.

They will never get AA balanced to the satisfaction of either the CV players or their targets.

They will not remove CVs nor will they get rid of the Wylie Coyote one squadron at a time stupidity. Any CV Commander that did not attack with everything available would be court marshalled.

If you must keep making these senseless post then submit them in a support ticket and directly to WG Staff members.

• Cool 1

[KILL]
Members
948 posts
10,974 battles
On 8/6/2019 at 10:31 PM, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@HyenaHiena It is senseless to keep making this complaint. WG screwed us over with the CV rework and will continue to do so.

And in doing so, saved their game

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 5

[SALVO]
Members
24,827 posts
25,898 battles
32 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

"lets rework to make cvs (dumb) more popular"

And lets nerf it util no one else play with~

image.png.9faaf3e5f4c62ab1a70d973230e5fbac.png

image.png.fa87b8d4110e9ca018eea395c07b99fe.png

Congratz wargame! You did it! You destroy the cvs, you make the old good players stop playing, and you keep working hard to make they unplayable.

Now why you just not remove it from the game and refund people how lose their money buying premium ships and cammo?

Why make ever cv player life miserable patch after patch?

No kidding, Hyena.  Right now, I'm only occasionally playing CVs in coop, and maybe for naval battles.  But it's been steadily losing its appeal.  I thought that they were supposed to make life a little EASIER on CVs in this next update, for crying out loud.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

7 months into the CV Rework and it's all still sh*t.

7 months into the CV Rework, the CV population has dwindled to its low levels it had before the Rework :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,930 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No kidding, Hyena.  Right now, I'm only occasionally playing CVs in coop, and maybe for naval battles.  But it's been steadily losing its appeal.  I thought that they were supposed to make life a little EASIER on CVs in this next update, for crying out loud.

by making the AA overlaping again and make weak aa ships (the only targer for cvs atm) be able to kill more planes? Sorry the work be need be really stup** to belive they do anything to make the cv life better on this game lol!

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,585 posts
15,718 battles

So, the fact CV's have been nerfed, acknowledged, over nerfed, acknowledged, continue to nerf? I misunderstood the next tweak. I thought it was going to be a nerf bat to the AA monster ships and some buffing to the really AA deficient ships, like German BB's for example. 

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,339 battles
18 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

by making the AA overlaping again and make weak aa ships (the only targer for cvs atm) be able to kill more planes? Sorry the work be need be really stup** to belive they do anything to make the cv life better on this game lol!

Figure the most important fact to remember is that those cry baby players who whinge all the time about CV's have not yet developed the spatial skill to play against both sea and air targets.

Buff CV's back to 2017/2018 levels.

• Cool 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,347 posts
37,434 battles

WG can spend the rest of it's life trying to balance CV's and will never be able to do it.

CV's don't fit the game.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,307 posts
25,245 battles
38 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

So, the fact CV's have been nerfed, acknowledged, over nerfed, acknowledged, continue to nerf? I misunderstood the next tweak. I thought it was going to be a nerf bat to the AA monster ships and some buffing to the really AA deficient ships, like German BB's for example. 

I honestly don’t know what to say about the AA changes in 0.8.7...

Got in a big argument with someone about them, until I finally realized I’d misunderstood what they were trying to say.

In any case; USING the new iteration of AA is easier than what we currently have; I’m just not sure the actual mechanics have improved.

In PT, I couldn’t tell if using the new AA made any difference or not. Didn’t seem to be any as a CV player, and as a ship even less. If this new mechanic is something where you have to time your click to whatever your AA range is; then that isn’t easier, it’s harder. Partly because how many players really know their AA ranges, and partly because you have to take your attention away from other things to get the timing right.

If carriers have turned into niche units like pre-0.8.0, then the rework was a waste of freaking time.

I want my Bogue and RTS back so I can troll bots with it in Co-op like I did before.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 3

[-KIA-]
Members
3,475 posts
14,834 battles
12 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

WG can spend the rest of it's life trying to balance CV's and will never be able to do it.

CV's don't fit the game.

They can if they actually decide to listen to player who suggested CV counterplay involving AA rework.

But according to WG the playerbase is too dumb to do 2 thing at once and WG is dead set to keep their broken automated system.

One can only hope WG will someday understand they're unable to balance their automated system.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
10,682 posts
18,567 battles
1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

Congratz wargame! You did it! You destroy the cvs,

CVs are fine and yes they belong in the game HOWEVER,

In context, the role of the CV was better off during RTS, the rework version? Fish out of water at this stage.

Current CVs in game role is utter uselessness to the fleet.

Suppressing the role of the small boys was  a critical error.

Making it easy to sink small ships without or limited AA, with limited or no aiming effort. Is the worst form of cyber bullying in the game.

Taking away torp and FLOOD DMG, make the CV a one trick pony...

Now I can go on and on about how surface ships were nerfed to make way for sky cancer...

At this point in time... CVs deserve to be in the game... Not like the points and conditions I mentioned above. I would say, out of respect, the history and legacy of the class...

Retire the Rework!

• Boring 3

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,031 posts
11,611 battles
34 minutes ago, Crucis said:

But it's been steadily losing its appeal.  I thought that they were supposed to make life a little EASIER on CVs in this next update, for crying out loud.

They are - what he ISN'T showing is that the parts he posted were from them explaining "they :etc_swear:ed up" - but refusing to admit it, before they got to the changes they are testing, and hoping, to put in 8.7. For starters they are nerfing the bonus of constant DPS from DefAA to 50%, though buffing the dodgeable flak bursts from 100% to 300%. AA DPS has also been readjusted because they are going back to overlapping AA, for the most part down - lower AA ships are seeing less a reduction, if anything some improvements, and they are actually nerfing AA monsters like Worcester more. The overlap itself removes the nonsensical 40 mm flak rounds that didn't exist, and seems to be going for just 1 flak number, that is seperate and starts at 3.5 km and goes to max range of the AA gun. Because they admitted that the fixed circle system with the rework just wasn't working, and they maybe tried too long to fix it even despite everyone saying they didn't want it just about. They are after what, 5 years counting alpha now, finally smoothing out the gap between AA both in a tier and between tiers. They are improving the sight stabilization skill, personally rather see them undo the nerfs to rocket and other aim times directly but whatever. They are even giving planes more HP and all. 

It's taken far longer than it damn well should have for some of these, a fact I ranted about in another thread involving this stream because even IF the changes go through and by some miracle work for a change the first time there is still a ton to fight them on with CV's like a shred of historical freaking accuracy in some case on premiums. They actually had Sub saying that CV's need to be made better and that basically they shouldn't be getting the shaft the way they have. Which all of it is at least progress. 

1 hour ago, The_first_harbinger said:

They tried to make everything ready before pushing everything onto the live server, but nobody on PTS servers takes it seriously and went full AA, making all the data meaningless.

No - No they didn't. All throughout the LIMITED beta testing they had many of us told them MULTIPLE TIMES about some of the issues that plagued the launch and have persisted since. Even when we had NO captain skills to tweak AA. Even before they shoved it to PTS they were told, by multiple people, that it was nowhere near ready for that stage. But EVERY STAGE we were told "not enough data, need to move it to next stage to get it". Forgetting the self sabotaging of the beta test by timing it with multiple events that people for the most part weren't going to give up on. They admitted on a stream as they shoved it to PTS, apologies if I don't have the exact numbers from I think it was Waterline 4 - that only about 36% maybe I think it was were for the rework as it was, but when they "threw out those with less than 10 battles" it was I think 42% in favour - the one number I DO  remember because I worked it out - was that they threw out 16% of responses to get that number. And a common complaint was that the gameplay was boring so there was a reason they may have had less than 10 battles that was a legitimate issue with the gameplay.

More importantly had they REALLY been trying right - they would have done what they did with submarines. What they did with cyclones. Localized weather. Night Battles. Fixed torpedo launchers. Smoke on cruisers. Any number of other things through the years - all but smoke on cruisers (this was tested on Iwaki Alpha for small scale and data collection) were tested on the live server in alternate game modes. If they wanted to do it RIGHT, and not shove it down our throats fast as possible, they would have found an event to introduce some variation of the existing CV's, as part of I don't know lets say Valentine days event mode as well as ships, possibly with unique commanders with no skill points or preset skills that negated AA builds to test that, or with AA builds for that, or whatever, in not live but random battles, and had information from that instead of this mess that I'd say we'd be lucky if they had it fixed to even be playable by month six and low and behold were in month 7. They were told months before that DD's were basically target practice and all and it took how many months post rework to even come close to addressing it. 

• Cool 1

[SFF]
Members
21 posts
1,973 battles

CVs are pretty distasteful to play at t4 and t6 imo. Its like fishing. . . .in a wading pool. . . .blindfolded.  . .with a whiffle bat.

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,114 posts
19,208 battles
3 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

What this really means is that CVs no longer can maintain a 60% win rate without trying, they now actually take skills to operate effectively, and OP doesn't want to have to put that level of effort into playing them, so he'll just complain. Huge surprise. What was it CV players told DD players when the rework first came out? Embrace the new meta! Enjoy that!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 8

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

Ehh, the upcoming AA rework sounds promising, honestly. Layered AA should make the long-range weaker and close range stronger, and I expect it to help a lot.

Now if they'd just remove that stupid low skill exploit and balance around actually playing the game, not abusing broken mechanics, I'll be happy. As a CV. Yes, I don't use it. Yes, I suffer for not using it, and it's a lot of why I haven't played CV lately. I hate slingshotting with a passion, as it completely defeats the point, and as AA has gotten to a point you basically have to use it, well... I've been maining Kagerou for a while, and even got the T9 recently. My knowledge as a CV has made it very easy to avoid the CV's attention with such a small detection.

Now, excuse me while I go take Enterprise out and scream in agony all the while. I need 100k spotting, so this will be... interesting. Here's hoping I suddenly become the queen of the eyes. Yes, eyes, not skies.

[INTEL]
Members
13,068 posts
36,061 battles
3 hours ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Several problems with this: (1) some of us did go full AA  (2) there was nothing to stop WG from forcing full AA builds by restricting available modules and supplying pre-made captains, or doing that for a number of builds  (3) there was nothing to stop WG from offering players incentives to go full AA  (4) full AA builds are not the only builds needing testing  (5) nobody forced WG to roll out the ReBork early or even at all 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

What this really means is that CVs no longer can maintain a 60% win rate without trying, they now actually take skills to operate effectively, and OP doesn't want to have to put that level of effort into playing them, so he'll just complain. Huge surprise. What was it CV players told DD players when the rework first came out? Embrace the new meta! Enjoy that!

Even fresh off the CV Rework when the Carriers were looking a lot better, they weren't averaging a 60% WR.

From Maplesyrup showing 1st Quarter 2019 stats up to March 30.  Their WR is on the left.  Before all the AA buffs, before the nerfs to Dive Bombers, etc, CVs weren't averaging 60% WR like you claim.  However, I am curious to see what CV WR% looked with 2nd Quarter 2019.  Here's Maplesyrup's March 30 to June 30 2nd Qtr CV Win Rate %, which I put to the right.

IV Hosho 50.3% WR / 49.99% WR

VI Ryujo 50.8% / 50.85%

VIII Kaga (Premium) 52.05% / 49.75% nice drop!

VIII Shokaku 48.69% / 49.75%

X Hakuryu 49.62% / 50.2%

IV Langley 49.35% / 49.07%

VI Ranger 49.23% / 48.62% LOL how do you make the always bad Ranger even worse!  Ranger was bad in the RTS CV days, she was bad when the Rework went Live, and she still is bad after more time with the Rework! :Smile_veryhappy:

VIII Lexington 49.69% / 49.56%

VIII Saipan (Premium) 51.15% / 50.83%

VIII Enterprise (Premium) 52.27% / 52.65%

X Midway 50.07% / 49.82%

IV Hermes 50.93% / 51.83%

VI Furious 50.48% / 51.27%

VIII Implacable 50.47% / 50.75%

VIII Graf Zeppelin 54.73% / 48.72% :Smile_veryhappy:

uOJVhjY.gif

And for the fun of it, Ranked Season 12 CV WR% (May 30 to June 25, 2019):

Hakuryu 50.35%

Audacious 48%

Midway 46.40%

Members
2,763 posts
93 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Even fresh off the CV Rework when the Carriers were looking a lot better, they weren't averaging a 60% WR.

From Maplesyrup showing 1st Quarter 2019 stats up to March 30.  Their WR is on the left.  Before all the AA buffs, before the nerfs to Dive Bombers, etc, CVs weren't averaging 60% WR like you claim.  However, I am curious to see what CV WR% looked with 2nd Quarter 2019.  Here's Maplesyrup's March 30 to June 30 2nd Qtr CV Win Rate %, which I put to the right.

IV Hosho 50.3% WR / 49.99% WR

VI Ryujo 50.8% / 50.85%

VIII Kaga (Premium) 52.05% / 49.75% nice drop!

VIII Shokaku 48.69% / 49.75%

X Hakuryu 49.62% / 50.2%

IV Langley 49.35% / 49.07%

VI Ranger 49.23% / 48.62% LOL how do you make the always bad Ranger even worse!  Ranger was bad in the RTS CV days, she was bad when the Rework went Live, and she still is bad after more time with the Rework! :Smile_veryhappy:

VIII Lexington 49.69% / 49.56%

VIII Saipan (Premium) 51.15% / 50.83%

VIII Enterprise (Premium) 52.27% / 52.65%

X Midway 50.07% / 49.82%

IV Hermes 50.93% / 51.83%

VI Furious 50.48% / 51.27%

VIII Implacable 50.47% / 50.75%

VIII Graf Zeppelin 54.73% / 48.72% :Smile_veryhappy:

uOJVhjY.gif

And for the fun of it, Ranked Season 12 CV WR% (May 30 to June 25, 2019):

Hakuryu 50.35%

Audacious 48%