You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Primal__Fear

WG why do you create mission and rewards systems...

23 comments in this topic

[BLEP]
Members
545 posts
11,581 battles

WG why do you create missions and rewards systems based on damage, XP, earned, credits..... etc? All those types do is make bad players play even worse. All missions should be based on winning the match. This has been brought up before I know. 

Edited by Scrapyard_
  • Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,934 battles

Because this over-arcade game "supose" to be fun to "everyone" and some people dont care for "winning".

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles
6 minutes ago, Scrapyard_ said:

WG why do you create missions and rewards systems based on damage, XP, earned, credits..... etc? All those types do is make bad players play even worse. All missions should be based on winning the match. This has been brought up before I know. 

Agree. 

1 minute ago, HyenaHiena said:

Because this over-arcade game "supose" to be fun to "everyone" and some people dont care for "winning".

This is a sad fact. The snowflake everyone deserves a trophy has infected gaming. But, I think the OP's point is that players are doing stupid things to try and get damage, XP and other stuff and creating loss of a game. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

I don't see a problem with any of those but the get X number of kills in a match I do because they cause people to over extend in the race to get those kills.

• Cool 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,934 battles
6 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Agree. 

This is a sad fact. The snowflake everyone deserves a trophy has infected gaming. But, I think the OP's point is that players are doing stupid things to try and get damage, XP and other stuff and creating loss of a game.  

People dont need missions to do stupid things.

I get what the OP said, but i'm just saying this game is not focus in skilled-for-win gameplay. At least not in random battles.

Beta Testers
74 posts
11,779 battles

The problem is that it they are the simplest mission criteria for WoWs to use. It is the data that they track to calculate ones XP and credit earnings in each match. To use anything else would force them to code for it and track it, or they don't want us to know all that they are data logging.

Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles
16 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

People dont need missions to do stupid things.

I get what the OP said, but i'm just saying this game is not focus in skilled-for-win gameplay. At least not in random battles.

True enough, but making bad players play even worse can make those who are trying to win have a even more frustrating time. 

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,934 battles
21 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

True enough, but making bad players play even worse can make those who are trying to win have a even more frustrating time.  

I dont really thing make more dmg and xp make people play *that* worse...

I think missions like "play with x class" make people play worse because they never play with and probably only doing because the mission :P

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
17 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

How does credits or anything over any number of matches cause people to play bad? With requirements like that you just play as you normally would and you will finish the requirement. The requirements that push people to get more of X than they normally do like three kills in a single match are the ones that drive bad play.

3 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

I dont really thing make more dmg and xp make people play *that* worse...

I think missions like "play with x class" make people play worse because they never play with and probably only doing because the mission :P

Unless forced into random I do missions like the flakes in co-op for that very reason. The credit mission this week is pushing people to play random which I am but I am not a terrible player, i am not great but I don't think I am an albatross around the teams neck either.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,934 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Unless forced into random I do missions like the flakes in co-op for that very reason. The credit mission this week is pushing people to play random which I am but I am not a terrible player, i am not great but I don't think I am an albatross around the teams neck either. 

giphy.gif

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
3 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

giphy.gif

In other words average.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles

@Scrapyard_ The requirements for mission rewards is fine the way it is. It presents a challenge that win based requirements do not. The requirements as they plus the added requirement of progress is made only in a win is even more challenging. A win only requirement would reward 8 or 12 players progress towards the prize and deny 8 or 12 any progress.

How about you progress only in a win as top scorer but if you don't make top score in a win or your team loses your progress has 1 win subtracted for the loss and 1 win subtracted based on your scoring position on your team. Lose and be 12th on your score board you lose 13 progress points and may go negative if your progress points are less than the points deducted for a loss.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,032 posts
11,611 battles
1 hour ago, Scrapyard_ said:

All missions should be based on winning the match

If you've seen it before you know why at best they maybe have "win 3 matches" but no other "And this" to it - because every time they do that, people show up raging because even if they aren't terrible players, they get crap teams and end up on losing streaks. And it's not even 40% it's 60% plus players complaining they can't even buy a win at times. My longest streak was somewhere around 20 matches, stopped counting at one point and most of those was one of the top 3 in the team, if not outright top. And the salt levels as people try to do these missions that require "deal 10000 damage and win" lets say dial the salt levels up to 1000 because even when it's something they've done 5 times the day before let alone how many the last say 3 years, the mission starts and suddenly they can't.

It's not worth the headache for them OR us to do that nonsense, at least not consistently. That, and the gameplay I'm seeing is the typical gameplay, nothing different. Only when kill missions come up do things go off the rails and that's because this game is long overdue for a second ribbon that counts towards these missions that is similar to the battlefield "assist counts as kill" reward that if you deal say 75& or more damage to a ship you get that and counts toward the missions. No need then to suicide to ensure a kill that match or like with the wins add to the salt as you fire a salvo that would be a dev strike except RNG trolled you on dispersion leaving the enemy so low a DD HE salvo kills it and they get credit, not you.

1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

There is a distinct difference between "not caring" about winning and "not trying" to win. Obviously I like winning, and would rather win, and while I'm more than capable of micro managing my angle to bounce any non HE shell while sniping at 20 km and all the rest of it - doing so is boring as hell. More aggressive play is fun to me - doesn't mean I'm doing utterly stupid things to actively get me sunk and cost my team the game potentially. Obviously, the more my team get's it's :etc_swear: kicked, the more serious I play. But it also means that if I'm one of the last ships and it comes down to a close range brawl in the last minutes and the other team edges us out for the win - I'm fine with it, it was fun and a close game. Win or Lose I hate blowouts. 

• Cool 1

Members
436 posts
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Scrapyard_ The requirements for mission rewards is fine the way it is. It presents a challenge that win based requirements do not. The requirements as they plus the added requirement of progress is made only in a win is even more challenging. A win only requirement would reward 8 or 12 players progress towards the prize and deny 8 or 12 any progress.

How about you progress only in a win as top scorer but if you don't make top score in a win or your team loses your progress has 1 win subtracted for the loss and 1 win subtracted based on your scoring position on your team. Lose and be 12th on your score board you lose 13 progress points and may go negative if your progress points are less than the points deducted for a loss.

I think he is just letting the amount of idiocy being committed by players in random of late get to him. It truly does seem worse of late.  

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles

@Venac No he is just spouting another senseless Make The Game The Way I Want It and Make Others Play The Way I Want Them To.

His perception that mission requirements as they are cause bad players to play worse is baseless. Those that require X number of kills is the only one that has that effect and it causes even good players to play poorly.

I think he needs a dose of the mission requirement I suggested.

[BLEP]
Members
545 posts
11,581 battles
57 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Venac No he is just spouting another senseless Make The Game The Way I Want It and Make Others Play The Way I Want Them To.

His perception that mission requirements as they are cause bad players to play worse is baseless. Those that require X number of kills is the only one that has that effect and it causes even good players to play poorly.

I think he needs a dose of the mission requirement I suggested.

They do play worse. They suicide trying to get stuff done, they hide in the back...etc. I have been playing this game long enough to see what these players are doing. Every time one of these types of missions come you you can see it. You only have 155 tier 10 games played in random and less than 1,000 8-10 in random.... come back when you have thousands of 8-10 played in something other than co-op and tell me how you feel then. 

Edited by Scrapyard_
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
6 hours ago, Scrapyard_ said:

They do play worse. They suicide trying to get stuff done, they hide in the back...etc.

The funny thing is, most of these tasks can be done in co-op, which doesn't punish you as harshly for doing stupid YOLO stuff to grab another kill or two, or what-have-you. 

Given that, the REAL problem is PvP mains who look at co-op like it's a disgrace to go to, and aren't selfless enough to take their foolishness there for an evening and mop up the combat-related tasks (hits, caps, floods, spots, etc.) with contemptuous ease before sliding back into Randoms for the things it's best at (anything related to earning money or XP).

@Scrapyard_, I've seen what happens when you ask for accomplishments AND winning AND survival all in the same battle, AND put it within a narrow time window for completion. It drives even the best players up the wall. It's been just over a year since the last event like that finished (Indianapolis Marathon), and IMO they chose not to repeat that for very good reasons. The only place you'll find missions like that now is in the Permanent campaigns, where you have forever to keep on trying, as opposed to a window of 48 hours before the task goes away and you can't get it back. And even then, those Permanent Campaign missions can easily be bypassed.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
240 posts
135 battles
8 hours ago, Scrapyard_ said:

They do play worse. They suicide trying to get stuff done, they hide in the back...etc. I have been playing this game long enough to see what these players are doing. Every time one of these types of missions come you you can see it. You only have 155 tier 10 games played in random and less than 1,000 8-10 in random.... come back when you have thousands of 8-10 played in something other than co-op and tell me how you feel then.  

By the time you've been playing that long, you should have realised the truth - most WoWs players are utter trash and they don't need poorly designed mission to play like glorified bots

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
1 hour ago, Magnus_Lux said:

By the time you've been playing that long, you should have realised the truth - most WoWs players are utter trash and they don't need poorly designed mission to play like glorified bots

To say that with the number of battles you have, I seriously hope this is either your reroll account or a newer NA server account with extensive experience elsewhere.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts
10 hours ago, Scrapyard_ said:

People do that anyway, all the time, it's a daily part of Randoms no matter what. 

(Bold added.)