You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkollDrachen

Auto-Pilot

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
5 posts
996 battles

can we reverse the changes to the auto pilot that make your ship go in reverse? i play all the ships including the carrier and i hate the fact when an objective falls i was support i throw my ship to turn around and go in the other direction and it just derps in reverse without me knowing it its starting to really tick me off

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,441 posts
14,165 battles
1 minute ago, SkollDrachen said:

can we reverse the changes to the auto pilot that make your ship go in reverse? i play all the ships including the carrier and i hate the fact when an objective falls i was support i throw my ship to turn around and go in the other direction and it just derps in reverse without me knowing it its starting to really tick me off

That is how you make your ship go in reverse with the autopilot. Don't input extremely sharp turns and instead input several smaller turns of around 90 degrees.

Members
210 posts
1,279 battles

Or just turn off the autopilot and set the hard turn at full speed and put the waypoints when its needed, you look at the minimap all the time right?

[KNCOL]
Members
794 posts
1,752 battles
38 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That is how you make your ship go in reverse with the autopilot. Don't input extremely sharp turns and instead input several smaller turns of around 90 degrees.

The autopilot sometimes does not even turn when I do some smaller turns it just goes forward for me and that's it 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,441 posts
14,165 battles
Just now, Koogus said:

The autopilot sometimes does not even turn when I do some smaller turns it just goes forward for me and that's it 

There is the close to land bug and each leg needs to be long enough for the ship to get to the waypoint.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,533 posts

It's being reworked ahem... adjusted... no wait... enhanced for release soon. ... 

[DTB]
Members
264 posts
44 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

It's being reworked ahem... adjusted... no wait... enhanced for release soon. ... 

I'm still wondering how they managed to make it so bad in the first place.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,533 posts
2 hours ago, DracoTB said:

I'm still wondering how they managed to make it so bad in the first place.

Hmm... well... I could think of many ways it could go wrong... as the results sort of indicate to us, there are many paths to the goal but only one right path... 

At this point that path is still hidden from them. 

Strictly from a process flow you do have to wonder... do these things ever get desk-checked before modifying code? I tend to believe they do not but rather an idea is tossed out, it's approved and people are told "go do this". 

Still feel they need some serious reviews of their development cycles, integrity of the entire game code-wise. You often see old bugs re-entering the game... unintended consequences a change has on the game... if they could get hold of their processes, lock things down create some specific game area "champions" who knew their piece of the game inside and out AND could communicate with other teams verbally "play testing changes"...

Alas... it simply is not to be.

Edited by Herr_Reitz