Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YamatosGhost

CV Counterplay Explained

12 comments in this topic

[ANKER]
[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
574 posts
12,883 battles

I love seeing cruisers sailing away from caps trying to chase down a CV thats faster than them. Some DD players still have that mentality to find the CV when they need to secure caps. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles
54 minutes ago, YamatosGhost said:

Happy end of the weekend everyone.

GLHF

37egle.jpg

Sad part is when i see a lone ship chasing a CV 99.9999% of the time the CV sinks them because they make themselves a lone target for the CV.

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
739 posts
3,918 battles

We used to call it 'The red mist' in WoT back in the day, it is still valid here and in any game. It's like a dog chasing a car, it really doesn't want to stop. :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
1,439 posts
8,824 battles
7 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

CVs are easier kills these days... Points you know.

Yeah, they got a lot easier to kill after WG made them essentially immune to being set on fire.

Wait a minute...

• Cool 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,934 battles

weak ship, die easy to bb if be sppoted, and people still think the cvs "win" the game... so is normaly dumb people go after the cv.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,655 posts
1 hour ago, YamatosGhost said:

Happy end of the weekend everyone.

GLHF

37egle.jpg

This happens too with the event ships that you get doubloons for sinking. When I was a Corgi, I had a lot of fun leading most of the enemy on a wild goose chase while my team merrily went about capping and knocking off the few enemy ships that actually were trying to play correctly.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,527 posts

Just dropped one (admittedly in coop) from max range of my Arizona (close to 18km) using AP. Always use AP on carriers. Drop your shells at/near the waterline. They have citadels you know. 

So yea, BBs can take them out quite often with one salvo. If I were in a DD chasing one these days, it'd feel like a hollow victory if I got it, cause most of the time, the carrier is not concerned with the area around the ship. Since they can't control throttle, just autopilot, throttles go full speed ahead if they're moving. Then they focus sinking the dds before they reach them. Or helping others to sink them. 

So I'd tend to agree - going for the carrier early on is not always the best strategic move. 

[SFF]
Members
21 posts
1,973 battles
15 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Just dropped one (admittedly in coop) from max range of my Arizona (close to 18km) using AP. Always use AP on carriers. Drop your shells at/near the waterline. They have citadels you know. 

So yea, BBs can take them out quite often with one salvo. If I were in a DD chasing one these days, it'd feel like a hollow victory if I got it, cause most of the time, the carrier is not concerned with the area around the ship. Since they can't control throttle, just autopilot, throttles go full speed ahead if they're moving. Then they focus sinking the dds before they reach them. Or helping others to sink them. 

So I'd tend to agree - going for the carrier early on is not always the best strategic move. 

Exactly how you should play it. Shoot them from max range and keep contesting the objectives. 

Albeit, in standard battles, hunting the red cv can help secure the cap.

Sign in to follow this