Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
icyplanetnhc

Iowa build for Ranked?

15 comments in this topic

Members
385 posts
2,475 battles

With the upcoming ranked season at Tier 9, I'm wondering what the optimal build for the Iowa is, as its my only ship at this tier. Currently, I have a fairly standard concealment and survivability build (with William Halsey), with Priority Target, Expert Marksman, Adrenaline Rush, Superintendent, Basics of Survivability, Fire Prevention, and Concealment Expert. Obviously I'm also using the Concealment Systems Mod in slot 5 and Artillery Plotting Room Mod in slot 6. However, I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to sacrifice Basics of Survivability for Expert Loader. With Halsey's improved skill, ammunition switch is possible in 7.5 seconds or less (with Adrenaline Rush).

Edited by icyplanetnhc

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,132 posts
4,958 battles

I take EL over PT in my Halsey... in randoms that's a questionable decision, but in CBs and ranked I only have to keep track of 6 people, and I can swap shells by the time a radared ship shows up. 

Still debating if it is worth it... but hands down it is the only time EL works on a BB.

For upgrades, remember you want the range mod in slot 3, and the dispersion mod in slot 6

[KW]
Banned
623 posts
29 minutes ago, icyplanetnhc said:

I don't have a Tier 9 destroyer yet...

It's best to have a handful of t9s to use

Not cruzers well except Neptune 

Spend some money 

Members
482 posts
13,763 battles

I think T9 ranked will be dominated by DDs, if you have to play a BB take the survivability stuff :)

Members
385 posts
2,475 battles
14 minutes ago, Visidious said:

I think T9 ranked will be dominated by DDs, if you have to play a BB take the survivability stuff :)

I'm not so sure about that. Unlike the previous Tier 9 season, the game mode this season is Domination, which isn't quite as favorable towards destroyers.

I would rather use a ship that I have a fair mount of experience in, instead of spending credits or free XP on something that I have no prior matches in.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,571 posts
15,615 battles
1 hour ago, Visidious said:

I imagine it will be very similar to last Ranked at T9. The usual armoured healing hydro radar gunboats.

Black

Jutland

Z-46

Kitakaze

Probably see new comers Neutrashimi and Mogador in the mix.

Maybe the occasional Udaloi and Tashkent. May see the occasional Benham and Fletcher making cameo appearances as well.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[CWM]
[CWM]
Members
609 posts
6,288 battles

Is the Slava still happening?  If so I’ll have to dust off my Sovetsky Soyuz do get xp built up if it is a tech tree ship. 

[LOSC]
Members
576 posts

Well All I can say is don't piss off other folks in game because they can ban you in chat

like little cry babie Hair bun wearing sissy girls ..but are men  just being Sissy Girls!!!!

So There ya go!

[--K--]
Members
1,342 posts
10,133 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Taking Alaska with radar and hydro.

Completely forgot I had Alaska when I bought Buffalo again...  wow I hate that ship...  

Members
385 posts
2,475 battles
4 hours ago, nastydamnanimal said:

It's best to have a handful of t9s to use

Not cruzers well except Neptune 

Spend some money 

I shouldn’t have to spend money, especially not for ships that I would have no experience in.

[KW]
Banned
623 posts
9 hours ago, icyplanetnhc said:

I shouldn’t have to spend money, especially not for ships that I would have no experience in.

Time is also money so either way you will spend 

Sign in to follow this