You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Burn out time

21 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
4,158 posts
24,131 battles

We got clan battles. We got Ranked coming in  2 days:

Why do I feel like this dog?

• Funny 3

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,894 posts
17,943 battles

Just play a few games of Random each night.  Any tier.  Any ship.  Enjoy the simple life.

:cap_tea:

• Cool 5

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,332 battles
13 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Because you have an involuntary twitch response to jump at every single thing WOWS throws your way?:Smile_hiding:

I am not quite capable of attaining the level of laid back zen that @Soshi_Sone seems to have achieved - I want this :etc_swear: French destroyer and as many tokens for permacamos as I can get my grubby little hands on AND SO I MUST GRIND, but I am becoming increasingly adept at sorting out which events do and do not benefit the goals I'm working toward and casting aside those which do not.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,585 posts
15,718 battles

Just pick and choose what is available. I went Rank Sprint to Savage battles and taking a rest. Passing on the French DD event Oui. 

Members
505 posts
6,641 battles

I would love an answer to the questions raised at the close of Season 12.  To date, no administrator, WG staff member, developer or Community Department member has seen fit to even comment on them, seems like they might be burnt out also.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

We got clan battles. We got Ranked coming in  2 days:

Because WG is over-doing it and not spacing out massive-grind events at all at this point. 

1) Every other month should be an "unwind ungrind" event that offers up the "rewards" in smaller chunks instead of at the end of a massive sequential grind.

2) The big sequential grind events should unlock the subsequent stages immediately, not repeatedly make the players wait until the next week and then have to rush.

A game should feel like fun, not like a second job.  We're seeing more and more "burnout" and "it's just too much now" posts on the forums, and WG really needs to take these posts seriously. 

Instead, they're likely to triple-down on the massive grinds... see NTC/RB upcoming. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Members
177 posts
8,585 battles
10 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Because WG is over-doing it and not spacing out massive-grind events at all at this point. 

1) Every other month should be an "unwind ungrind" event that offers up the "rewards" in smaller chunks instead of at the end of a massive sequential grind.

2) The big sequential grind events should unlock the subsequent stages immediately, not repeatedly make the players wait until the next week and then have to rush.

A game should feel like fun, not like a second job.  We're seeing more and more "burnout" and "it's just too much now" posts on the forums, and WG really needs to take these posts seriously. 

Instead, they're likely to triple-down on the massive grinds... see NTC/RB upcoming. 

Ranked battles = Rewards unlocked each and every new rank achieved.

Clan battles = Rewards unlocked every 2 games won at each tier along the way.

While yes grindy - it couldnt really be less grindy and keep the same format.

Ranked + CBs at the same time is pure asinine however.

Edited by Melskiloco

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
14,264 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Because you have an involuntary twitch response to jump at every single thing WOWS throws your way?:Smile_hiding:

I am not quite capable of attaining the level of laid back zen that @Soshi_Sone seems to have achieved - I want this :etc_swear: French destroyer and as many tokens for permacamos as I can get my grubby little hands on AND SO I MUST GRIND, but I am becoming increasingly adept at sorting out which events do and do not benefit the goals I'm working toward and casting aside those which do not.

Hey Ensign... I have all the Repub tokens from the flakes...but I think I am missing on how to get more...when you say grind, are you buying back ships to do this?  I seem to be missing some info on aquisition of tokens.

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

I get that burnt out feeling. But when my son calls & say he can play I really enjoy this game.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,175 battles
59 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Yea it seems like it’s the same people who have to have grind out every event . Why can’t your pick and choose which ones you want to do why are people stressing over it . Can’t you just play the ones you want and skip the others . There’s always something going on or just play a few games from random a clan battle and a ranked battle . Why do people stress out about having to finish every event the second it comes out . What difference does it make if you don’t grind out every event . Pick and choose the ones that are fun skip the others . Like you said there always throwing out new things to grind so skip a few slow down a little . 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts
8 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Hey Ensign... I have all the Repub tokens from the flakes...but I think I am missing on how to get more...when you say grind, are you buying back ships to do this?  I seem to be missing some info on aquisition of tokens.

I am not a seal-shaped elder entity, but...

1) buying new ships or buying back old ships of the appropriate tiers, and playing them to "brush off the flakes".

2) being lucky enough to get the early access unlock missions for French DDs, getting those DDs, and then completing the combat missions for 250 tokens each

3) finishing the 4 stages of the current directives, and getting Sirocco, and completing Siricco's 250-token mission (this depends on whether the 19th or the 26th is the actual last day you can get tokens, the DD-specific 250-token missions and the mouseover text on the Tokens themselves in the Armory disagree on this date)

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

Yea it seems like it’s the same people who have to have grind out every event . Why can’t your pick and choose which ones you want to do why are people stressing over it . Can’t you just play the ones you want and skip the others . There’s always something going on or just play a few games from random a clan battle and a ranked battle . Why do people stress out about having to finish every event the second it comes out . What difference does it make if you don’t grind out every event . Pick and choose the ones that are fun skip the others . Like you said there always throwing out new things to grind so skip a few slow down a little . 

When there are exclusive or special items, rare flags, special rewards, etc, locked into many of the events, and those items make doing future events and missions easier over time, and open up more options in the gameplay... is it really that hard to understand why many players would feel like they're falling behind if they don't do all or most of the grinds? 

Another reason that the heavy-grind events should only be every other month -- the PTS iterations could be run in the "ungrind" months, to avoid conflicting with heavy grinds.   WG has complained repeatedly about low participation in the PTS, and yet they keep scheduling it opposite events where players need every playable hour to get through the grinds. 

[GWG]
Members
6,962 posts
13,503 battles

I've been on vacation and haven't played since Saturday...

What is 'Burn Out'?? 

Oh..  you mean the pitiful credit struggle to get a tier 5 destroyer.

I saw that and laughed..   I'd rather have my drywall up than have a new T5 destroyer...   Have fun people !!!   :-)

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,175 battles
11 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

When there are exclusive or special items, rare flags, special rewards, etc, locked into many of the events, and those items make doing future events and missions easier over time, and open up more options in the gameplay... is it really that hard to understand why many players would feel like they're falling behind if they don't do all or most of the grinds? 

Another reason that the heavy-grind events should only be every other month -- the PTS iterations could be run in the "ungrind" months, to avoid conflicting with heavy grinds.   WG has complained repeatedly about low participation in the PTS, and yet they keep scheduling it opposite events where players need every playable hour to get through the grinds. 

No I don’t understand what your falling behind it’s not a job it’s not work . I guess I just think different . I don’t want to say I’m right or your wrong I guess I can understand some people need to get everything that comes out but at what cost if it’s not fun . But good luck in the grinding war I hope they work it out so you can get everything with out losing your joy for the game . 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts
6 minutes ago, clammboy said:

No I don’t understand what your falling behind it’s not a job it’s not work . I guess I just think different . I don’t want to say I’m right or your wrong I guess I can understand some people need to get everything that comes out but at what cost if it’s not fun . But good luck in the grinding war I hope they work it out so you can get everything with out losing your joy for the game . 

I never finished Rogue Wave because it was just too grindy in the end. 

I'm more trying to explain why a lot of other players feel like they can't skip anything ever -- you don't have to agree with them, but that's how they feel, I think. 

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

WG throws lots of bones to us,... you don’t have to chase all of them.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
22,572 battles
13 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

WG throws lots of bones to us,... you don’t have to chase all of them.

I like a few ice cubes in my drinks. I don't want to stand in the middle of a hail storm to retrieve a few bits of ice for my soda. 

Events are great, lets take some time and enjoy the damn things. Time windowed and time restricted stuff is just getting old and they just won't stop. I suppose it is to get people to open their wallet to reduce the stress of getting things done, but it also has the side effect of burning out players. Blaming the players for voicing this is a bit of a stretch.

[INTEL]
Members
13,067 posts
36,061 battles
5 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

We got clan battles. We got Ranked coming in  2 days.

I am looking forward to Ranked. The last iteration of T9 was fun, and the playing environment will be Sky Cancer-free. Will be jumping in right away.

I've come to dread Clan Battles, though. It causes too much bad blood among clan members. Many of us take it hard when we fail our teammates. I wish there was some alternative way for clans to act as a team and win steel for their members, without all the infighting.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,876 posts
16,325 battles

I started getting that burned out feeling with the Russian BBs, it progressed to Savage Battles where I "quit" at 660 whatever Benham tokens ... did I just mix two different events?  I don't know anymore ... but I enjoyed being a Marauder ...:Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by DocWalker