You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HannibalCane

Pretty much given up on the French DD event.

65 comments in this topic

[7-TH]
Members
164 posts
13,987 battles

I was really interested in doing this event, but realized this weekend there is no point in continuing. The amount of hours to complete the next stage for the tier 5 premium is just not worth it. As a new player the number and lines of ships I have is limited.

• I only have three lines of ships capable of doing the stages. I only had two, so this weekend I level up British DD's and was planning to do thee more lines (German, Japanese and Russian), but the work to get ships up to a tier where they can earn the credits in a timely manner, is just not worth the effort. This is not much of an issue for older players who have a number of high tier premium ships to use, but for me it is a huge amount of work.
  • I don't run premium, except sometimes on the weekends, so the amount of work required to get this done is twice what a premium account requires and I don't have premium ships of other nationalities to complete all 6 directives. I seriously considered going premium and even had my finger on the button to do three months, but after this event I realized this game is turning into a grind fest, so I doubt I will ever move to a premium account.
  • I've managed to open two of the bundle containers only because I got lucky and found two French destroyer missions, but I know that the odds of getting to the bundle containers, no matter how hard I work, are very poor. I could put in 30 hours in the next week and most likely never get to the 4th bundle. As a new player, I don't have near enough ships to get them with snowflakes, so I have to rely on lucky drops, which from what I have seen don't seem to be going in my favor, though I have been significantly luckier then a lot of people.
  • I tried to complete the 2nd Twitch mission (hurt me) for a couple more crates, but it requires me to get 2750 base exp, which at least for me, is incredibly difficult. I have had 3-4 games, where I had enough kills and other flags to reach that amount, but my team lost and only ended up with half base exp I've needed. I stopped even trying yesterday.
  • For new players, this event is a huge grind for little chance of getting the rewards. It seems extremely poorly designed, with no thought at all given to new players, or even older players that don't have a bunch of ships. If this is a sign of what's to come, why bother spending money, so I can grind.
  • Lastly. Working so hard and getting so little in return is just not fun. I play to have fun and trying to complete the event has removed a lot of the fun from the equation.
  • I feel completely defeated and just going to work on the normal mission crates and if I get the other rewards, so be it. Does anyone at Wargaming even understand how difficult they are making these events for new players?

So I just finished the British line. Expected to see a nice French crate drop, but no, just a $300,000 credits. I thought, "what the hell" and took another look at the event. It appears the most I can hope for at this point is one French container from the French line. I wasn't lucky enough to get any of the tier 7,8,9 French DD's so I can't do any of the others unless I buy a bunch of premium ships. All the other crate drops require one of the higher end French DD's or premium ships (like the Acosta) from those lines, which I don't have. I cannot believe I wasted all this time on this. All this time to have no chance at all at getting the premium items unless I want to spend $100.00 on ships I might not even like. Are you kidding me? This is Wargaming's idea of a well designed event? What a pile of crap. I'm am sure this event will cause  a lot of new players to just drop the game. I'm seriously considering uninstalling.

Edited by KristopherKringle
Additional info.
  • Cool 20

Members
3 posts
6,915 battles

Yeah, you nailed it. They pretty much made this a Pay-to-Win event. They want to train the new players quickly... pay money or have a nice day as a non-competitive player.

The other thing I noticed about this event is that it seems like they completely nerfed the drop rate of the early access missions from the destroyer crates that you can earn by playing the game. I've opened about 20 of them to date and haven't gotten a single mission. To contrast, over the course of the Russian BB event, I got access to 3 of the ships. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it feels like this is just another in a long line of recent examples of WG actively choosing to make this more and more of a Pay-to-Win game.

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
961 posts

I agree, this event is not geared toward newer players.  I think you have the right idea of just ignoring it.  On the other hand, you beat the odds getting those two French DD missions.  I've opened something like 16 crates at this point and still don't have one.

• Cool 1

[7-TH]
Members
164 posts
13,987 battles
3 minutes ago, OneScrewLoose said:

Yeah, you nailed it. They pretty much made this a Pay-to-Win event. They want to train the new players quickly... pay money or have a nice day as a non-competitive player.

The other thing I noticed about this event is that it seems like they completely nerfed the drop rate of the early access missions from the destroyer crates that you can earn by playing the game. I've opened about 20 of them to date and haven't gotten a single mission. To contrast, over the course of the Russian BB event, I got access to 3 of the ships. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it feels like this is just another in a long line of recent examples of WG actively choosing to make this more and more of a Pay-to-Win game.

This is so true. I could complete this stage if I spent my coal on the Russian CA, then bought another premium for cash, and moved to a premium account, but that seems like a lot of expense for a tier 5 premium ship and "a chance" to unlock all the bundle's and get the Mogador and the perm camos. Worst part, even if I spent a lot of money, there is a good chance I still wouldn't complete everything.

• Cool 1

[7-TH]
Members
164 posts
13,987 battles
3 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

I agree, this event is not geared toward newer players.  I think you have the right idea of just ignoring it.  On the other hand, you beat the odds getting those two French DD missions.  I've opened something like 16 crates at this point and still don't have one.

I agree. I have been pretty lucky with the crates and still have little chance of getting all 4 bundles, that should tell the people at Wargaming something, but I doubt they care. One of the reasons I won't pay for 3 month premium. The designers don't seem care much about new players enough to give them the ability to finish the event, even if they really work for it.

Members
3 posts
6,915 battles

6 minutes ago, KristopherKringle said:

I agree. I have been pretty lucky with the crates and still have little chance of getting all 4 bundles, that should tell the people at Wargaming something, but I doubt they care. One of the reasons I won't pay for 3 month premium. The designers don't seem care much about new players enough to give them the ability to finish the event, even if they really work for it.

Yeah, I forgot about the bundles to get the Mogodor… I looked at that for 10 seconds and realized there was no way I'd get that. I still haven't earned enough to purchase even the 1st bundle and we're more than halfway through the event. Where's the "middle finger" emoticon?

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles

I also gave up on this event, since yesterday when the 3rd batch of directives opened up.

I simply don't have enough free time to grind 3 million credits for each of the 6 nations, in time for the next batch of directives.

Oh well. It is what it is. I did manage to get Jaguar and Guepard, so I'll just call it as a good enough success, and just let it go. Siricco would haven been noice to have... but it's not like I'm short of ships to play anyway, lol. I still have Aigle if I really need a Premium French DD to use. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 4

Members
284 posts
4,672 battles

I have a decent amount of ships and run premium and still can't complete it. The token system is pretty dumb and forced people that dont have 300 ships to buy ships to finish it. If I get lucky and get a t7 or 8 dd i can finish. 

• Cool 1

[7-TH]
Members
164 posts
13,987 battles
1 minute ago, OneScrewLoose said:

Yeah, I forgot about the bundles to get the Mogodor… I looked at that for 10 seconds and realized there was no way I'd get that. I still haven't earned enough to purchase even the 1st bundle and we're more than halfway through the event. Where's the "middle finger" emoticon?

The Mogodor with the perm camo would be a great ship to own, but looks like I will have to earn it then, buy the perm camo. So ten times the work for the same reward.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,627 posts
15 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

The credit grinds are more difficult if you don't have high-tier ships. However, they are not impossible. I ground out the credits for the  IJN line yesterday with the Takao, Naganato, and Shiratsuyu.

• Cool 1

Members
9 posts
3,608 battles
47 minutes ago, KristopherKringle said:

I was really interested in doing this event, but realized this weekend there is no point in continuing. The amount of hours to complete the next stage for the tier 5 premium is just not worth it. As a new player the number and lines of ships I have is limited.

• I only have three lines of ships capable of doing the stages. I only had two, so this weekend I level up British DD's and was planning to do thee more lines (German, Japanese and Russian), but the work to get ships up to a tier where they can earn the credits in a timely manner, is just not worth the effort. This is not much of an issue for older players who have a number of high tier premium ships to use, but for me it is a huge amount of work.
  • I don't run premium, except sometimes on the weekends, so the amount of work required to get this done is twice what a premium account requires and I don't have premium ships of other nationalities to complete all 6 directives. I seriously considered going premium and even had my finger on the button to do three months, but after this event I realized this game is turning into a grind fest, so I doubt I will ever move to a premium account.
  • I've managed to open two of the bundle containers only because I got lucky and found two French destroyer missions, but I know that the odds of getting to the bundle containers, no matter how hard I work, are very poor. I could put in 30 hours in the next week and most likely never get to the 4th bundle. As a new player, I don't have near enough ships to get them with snowflakes, so I have to rely on lucky drops, which from what I have seen don't seem to be going in my favor, though I have been significantly luckier then a lot of people.
  • I tried to complete the 2nd Twitch mission (hurt me) for a couple more crates, but it requires me to get 2750 base exp, which at least for me, is incredibly difficult. I have had 3-4 games, where I had enough kills and other flags to reach that amount, but my team lost and only ended up with half base exp I've needed. I stopped even trying yesterday.
  • For new players, this event is a huge grind for little chance of getting the rewards. It seems extremely poorly designed, with no thought at all given to new players, or even older players that don't have a bunch of ships. If this is a sign of what's to come, why bother spending money, so I can grind.
  • Lastly. Working so hard and getting so little in return is just not fun. I play to have fun and trying to complete the event has removed a lot of the fun from the equation.
  • I feel completely defeated and just going to work on the normal mission crates and if I get the other rewards, so be it. Does anyone at Wargaming even understand how difficult they are making these events for new players?

don't feel bad mate u aren't the only one that is giving up the 3rd one is [edited] I cant even get it can only do 4 out of the 6 needed

• Cool 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,072 posts
3,875 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

The credit grinds are more difficult if you don't have high-tier ships. However, they are not impossible. I ground out the credits for the  IJN line yesterday with the Takao, Naganato, and Shiratsuyu.

How many matches did it take for you to hit the 3 mill for that line?

[7-TH]
Members
164 posts
13,987 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

I got 75% of the British done and roughly 40 % of the American. I haven't even started on the French, hoping for another destroy mission to help, and I would still have to pull up three more lines, which I have no ships at all for. That could be like 30+ hours of gaming in the next 5 days. Who has that kind of time? I have to work.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,627 posts
2 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

How many matches did it take for you to hit the 3 mill for that line?

Probably two dozen or more. I played from about 6 PM to 11 PM.

• Cool 1

[7-TH]
Members
164 posts
13,987 battles

I should add, I also don't have the flags that older players have, that would really help. Flags, plus premium ship lines, plus premium account, makes it a lot easier. For the rest of us, it's just not worth it.

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,182 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Completed the Pan Asian myself. Just ran Anshan for three games in operations with two economic flags. Earned about 750 k average per game, finished it with one game in Lo Yang in Randoms.

Operations are where you are gonna make the most efficient coin due to the standard spawn of the bots and shorter time of the game over randoms. Just dive in with your best T6 and farm the damage/coinage.

Its gonna be challenging for players that don't have premium ships or premium time, but if they made it easier it would be way too easy for the players that do. I'll get the US line done tonight with a couple of Missou games and probably start the IJN, which depending on how tired I feel when I get home, I should also be able to complete tonight also.

• Cool 2

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
189 posts
8,875 battles

Don't feel bad about it at all.  I have a number of high tier ships and premiums, and I'm not even going to try to finish this event, just like I didn't even try for the last one.

All your concerns are dead on.  Tons of work, mediocre reward.  That's the new game though.  I've dropped a good amount of money on this game over the years, and I'd recommend to you that you hold course and don't spend a dime, at least not while the company continues with this absurd course of grindy events with little payoff.

[7-TH]
Members
164 posts
13,987 battles
1 minute ago, Rabin69 said:

Completed the Pan Asian myself. Just ran Anshan for three games in operations with two economic flags. Earned about 750 k average per game, finished it with one game in Lo Yang in Randoms.

Operations are where you are gonna make the most efficient coin due to the standard spawn of the bots and shorter time of the game over randoms. Just dive in with your best T6 and farm the damage/coinage.

Its gonna be challenging for players that don't have premium ships or premium time, but if they made it easier it would be way too easy for the players that do. I'll get the US line done tonight with a couple of Missou games and probably start the IJN, which depending on how tired I feel when I get home, I should also be able to complete tonight also.

That's kind of my point. I don't have the economic flags and premium ships from other lines to do this in a reasonable amount of time. I have to start at the bottom and work up the tiers. I do appreciate the tip on operations, after I level ships up to level 6, it might be viable, but as of now, I can only do operations on three lines- all non-premium ships with no economic flags.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,072 posts
3,875 battles
15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Probably two dozen or more. I played from about 6 PM to 11 PM.

And to repeat that 5 more times...that's dedication!

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,819 battles

No worries not every event is going to be easy for all players or fun for all players.  Always balance these events against the fun. No need to work on these things if you are not having fun. 

Don't sweat it. 

[7-TH]
Members
164 posts
13,987 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

No worries not every event is going to be easy for all players or fun for all players.  Always balance these events against the fun. No need to work on these things if you are not having fun. 

Don't sweat it. 

Just disappointed. I really wanted the Mogo with Perma camo and the tier 5 premium would have been a nice bonus. I could also really the doubloons and coal (want the Salem or Georgia) would really save me some time. Oh, well.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,643 posts
34,903 battles

I gave up on it too.

Not really interested in a tough and un-fun grind for meh botes that will be in the tree to grind normally soon anyway.

So I got Sirocco. Meh.

The stats on the T3 and T4 look interesting and maybe OP in the right hands.

I saw Jaguar, Guépard and Vauquelin in battle aplenty. Not impressed nor interested.

Mogador from the CC videos I saw looks good, but a long way to grind for, and I have plenty of T9 DDs I like and would play before that one anyway.

So Meh to the whole line, and the event.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Game developers generally don't feel the need to accommodate new players with events most of the time.  They feel that players that are new to the game already have a bunch of stuff to do.  There are operations to do,  lines to level, campaigns to do, etc.  They won't feel pressure to make events for these people because of that.

Events are going to be focused at players who have less to do.  People who have no campaigns left, have played all the operations, have a ton of ships and ship lines done.  These people are the ones they are trying to hang on to because there's not much else for them.

Making an event that accommodates newer players also means that older players will complete it fairly quickly, and therefore the rewards need to account for that.  They can't have an easy event that gives out T9 premiums....because the server will flood with them.  I suppose they could limit the people who can partake, but then we are on the other end and leaving out the majority of people.

I get where you guys are coming from and I'll admit that I'll be pushing a bit to get the 6 million credits done.  I have premiums in most of those lines so it won't be that bad but I earned those premiums by playing (I only bought 1, ever, and that was Tirpitz back when it meant something to the game).  You have to remember, there are people who can get 6m credits in 6-8 games easily and will have this stage done by the time you finish half of one.  They can't just ignore that.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,819 battles
2 minutes ago, KristopherKringle said:

Just disappointed. I really wanted the Mogo with Perma camo and the tier 5 premium would have been a nice bonus. I could also really the doubloons and coal (want the Salem or Georgia) would really save me some time. Oh, well.

Well you can still go for it if it is important to you. Get a weekend pass this weekend and next and do it. Or again don't sweat it. 

As you gain more lines these events will get easier and easier. Take your time.