Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YamatosGhost

Excessively Long Load Times For Battles

9 comments in this topic

[SFF]
Members
21 posts
1,973 battles

Problem: When launching a battle, the game gets stuck in the pregame screen where I can clearly hear game audio and see my team on the map. There is no loading bar, just the warships emblem and the trolly spinning load animation.

Ive had load times between 4 and 12 minutes into a match when this happens but my norm is about 30 seconds or less. Im usually in a match before it starts.

1. Internet is fine, on fiber. No reason I should have issues. This problem has happened on multiple different networks with at least 3 different internet service providers.

2. Not a RAM issue or graphics memory issue as it seems to happen less the longer I am playing. (Unless for some reason there is an issue preloading the game files?)

3. Ive reinstalled the game from scratch dozens of times and the problem has never gone away. It may be a steam specific issue, (which makes no sense because my wargaming launcher acknowledges my steam version as valid and pauses updates when the game is running.)

4. I run absolutely zero mods.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles
4 minutes ago, YamatosGhost said:

1. Internet is fine, on fiber. No reason I should have issues. This problem has happened on multiple different networks with at least 3 different internet service providers.

^^ This is the issue.... Its a network issue when you cant load in correctly but others have...

Others (me included) have had that happen.... Just reset your client and you're in (it works for me).

Members
210 posts
1,251 battles

If you can, use the steam client, thats how i roll and zero issues, not random disconnect, crashing or other weird problems

Edited by taberuco

[SFF]
Members
21 posts
1,973 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

^^ This is the issue.... Its a network issue when you cant load in correctly but others have...

Others (me included) have had that happen.... Just reset your client and you're in (it works for me).

I have had the same issue after restarting the client. It takes me right back to the pregame screen where I am still loading. When it works it works. When it doesn't, you're just along for the ride. Ive tried resetting internet, resetting client, restarting the rig. Nothing gets you in when you're locked out.

• Cool 1

[SFF]
Members
21 posts
1,973 battles
5 minutes ago, taberuco said:

If you can, use the steam client, thats how i roll and zero issues, not random disconnect, crashing or other weird problems

I do, exclusively.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles
1 minute ago, YamatosGhost said:

I have had the same issue after restarting the client. It takes me right back to the pregame screen where I am still loading. When it works it works. When it doesn't, you're just along for the ride. Ive tried resetting internet, resetting client, restarting the rig. Nothing gets you in when you're locked out.

It worked for me ALSO,

When playing, make sure nothing else DL'ing or taking any connect resources away from WOWS....

Some players have good network structure to wait 10 sec before the battle... Others will, they get in 5 min into the game...

In the end its a network issue on your side

[SFF]
Members
21 posts
1,973 battles
23 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

It worked for me ALSO,

When playing, make sure nothing else DL'ing or taking any connect resources away from WOWS....

Some players have good network structure to wait 10 sec before the battle... Others will, they get in 5 min into the game...

In the end its a network issue on your side

TFW you take WOWS so seriously you have to add a dedicated line just for the game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
774 posts
12,244 battles

Are you using MODS?  I've seen those kind of symptoms before.

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
2 hours ago, YamatosGhost said:

Problem: When launching a battle, the game gets stuck in the pregame screen where I can clearly hear game audio and see my team on the map. There is no loading bar, just the warships emblem and the trolly spinning load animation.

Ive had load times between 4 and 12 minutes into a match when this happens but my norm is about 30 seconds or less. Im usually in a match before it starts.

2. Not a RAM issue or graphics memory issue as it seems to happen less the longer I am playing. (Unless for some reason there is an issue preloading the game files?)

3. Ive reinstalled the game from scratch dozens of times and the problem has never gone away. It may be a steam specific issue, (which makes no sense because my wargaming launcher acknowledges my steam version as valid and pauses updates when the game is running.)

4. I run absolutely zero mods.

For me it mostly looks like a RAM issue, but without diagnostics it's impossible to say something for sure.
I would recommend to switch off all other applications before you start the game and check the result.
Additional measure is to make your graphics settings lower and check it once again. Does it help to decrease the loading time? 
If none of these advice works, please create WGCheck report (with extended network diagnostics) and send it to Support with some notes. We'll investigate the reasons.  

Sign in to follow this