Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BaldrDash

Is this Captain/upgrade build crazy for JB?

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3 posts
893 battles

Sp I am new to the game and just got Honore to 19.  I know that the Meta loves PT and CE, but given my current play style with the Jean Bart (slow advance with HE, switch to AP @ around 15km and attack guns and citadel)  I think this may be fitting.   I've only got 2 months experience, so I thought I would seek our some advice from some more senior Captains. I also added a SS of my upgrades I;m running.  I'm planing on running this in Ranked.

image.thumb.png.dacdf34df835ad15b48781e22bf22dd4.png

image.png.38bd4e2f92f3f9b3936412d2d26e883a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,644
[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

It's kind of overboard with your Tier 2 skills.  I personally prefer PT over PM, but if that's what you want then that's cool.

 

Personally, I'd keep EM & AR but ditch the other 2 Tier 2 skills because I feel they aren't important.  I'd get CE for those 4pts instead to better control your engagements, especially with the decline of Carriers these days.  CE will be Queen soon.  Again.

 

The turret traverse mod in Slot 3 I believe is a waste, especially since you have EM trait.  French BB turret traverse is decent and EM trait makes it even better.  But French BB dispersion can get wonky at times so I'd slot ASM1 in there.  Especially since Jean Bart's gimmick *Is* her guns.  The rest of your ship upgrades look solid to me, kudos on making the plunge to take DCSM2 instead of SGM2.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,846
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

A secondary/minor AA build is excellent for the Jean Bart. I would ditch High Alert and Jack of all trades for four points. I would then ditch Basics of Survivability for three points. Then I would ditch Fire Prevention as good as it is for a final four points and a total of eleven to work with. I would pend those eleven points on Basic Firing Training, Advanced Firing Training, and Manual Fire Control for Secondaries. Anything that gets within 11 Km will be pummeled.

The minor AA build is BFT + AFT, you get two for the price of one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3 posts
893 battles
22 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's kind of overboard with your Tier 2 skills.  I personally prefer PT over PM, but if that's what you want then that's cool.

 

Personally, I'd keep EM & AR but ditch the other 2 Tier 2 skills because I feel they aren't important.  I'd get CE for those 4pts instead to better control your engagements, especially with the decline of Carriers these days.  CE will be Queen soon.  Again.

 

The turret traverse mod in Slot 3 I believe is a waste, especially since you have EM trait.  French BB turret traverse is decent and EM trait makes it even better.  But French BB dispersion can get wonky at times so I'd slot ASM1 in there.  Especially since Jean Bart's gimmick *Is* her guns.  The rest of your ship upgrades look solid to me, kudos on making the plunge to take DCSM2 instead of SGM2.

Thanks, I had ASM1 to being with but just changed it because I wasn't certain how much -7% dispersion actually affected grouping and I don't have torps, and for the most part I've been keeping distance unless there is a clear opportunity to close for a kill without opening my broadsides up to the other team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3 posts
893 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

A secondary/minor AA build is excellent for the Jean Bart. I would ditch High Alert and Jack of all trades for four points. I would then ditch Basics of Survivability for three points. Then I would ditch Fire Prevention as good as it is for a final four points and a total of eleven to work with. I would pend those eleven points on Basic Firing Training, Advanced Firing Training, and Manual Fire Control for Secondaries. Anything that gets within 11 Km will be pummeled.

I have my Georgia built for secondaries, and it is super fun to play!  However, my inexperience really shows, I'll have one match over 150k damage and roll through the enemy flank and decimate them, then I'll have 4 matches where I die early and don't really do much for my team.  I think a secondary build is a steeper learning curve--at least for me.  I find myself overextending too much, but at least I'm aware of it and working on it I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,644
[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
18 minutes ago, BaldrDash said:

I have my Georgia built for secondaries, and it is super fun to play!  However, my inexperience really shows, I'll have one match over 150k damage and roll through the enemy flank and decimate them, then I'll have 4 matches where I die early and don't really do much for my team.  I think a secondary build is a steeper learning curve--at least for me.  I find myself overextending too much, but at least I'm aware of it and working on it I guess.  

One of the trickiest things to master with brawling BB builds is to know when and when not to push.  There are even games in High Tier where the opportunity for a good push and brawl with your BB never happens.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,953
[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,484 battles

Honore has the distinction of manning other french BBs with a full secondary build (tier 9 for now) and that's who I use on JB. When Hermes comes back I will probably put him back on Richelieu and still use him there, on JB too. I really never run premium specific captains. I run other captains on the premiums to upgrade the captains. 19 point captains of course have the added benefit of being able to upgrade other captains or more often for me to switch captains from one ship to another and upgrade his skills.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×