Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kestrel_Falcon

Semi-Armor Piercing shells

Choose SAP Ammo over HE Ammo for Italian Premium Ships?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Choose SAP Ammo over HE Ammo for Italian Premium Ships? (For owners of premium Italian ships)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you currently own an Italian Premium Ship?

• Yes
    • No

10 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
911 posts
16,553 battles

I tried RM Trento on the PTS this past week. The Italian line will be utilizing Semi-Armor Piercing Shells (SAP) which I am happy they are including this.  The SAP ammo if they approve it for the Italian line should replace the ridiculous HE round on all premium ships.  I cannot count the amount of over-pens I get when using AP (Roma) against cruisers. SAP ammo would fix this for me.  I like that the CLs use smoke (25 sec) while at full speed to break contact.  I would gladly trade hydro/radar for smoke as it allows me to break contact with the enemy or hop from island to island (short distances).  

RM Roma was suppose to use SAP round not HE.  This would be a welcome fix to me not slamming the mouse on the table about over-pens.... or useless HE rounds. 

RM Trento.jpg

Italian tech.jpg

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

[SALVO]
Members
23,782 posts
24,398 battles

@Kestrel_Falcon  WG is sticking with their ridiculously offensive excuse that "the ships are already balanced" to justify not doing what should be done for the Roma.  For all I know, the GC should have SAP too, though it's already OP enough as is.

[-TNT-]
Members
911 posts
16,553 battles

She is not OP. A nightmare to hit broadside CL citadel inside 10K using AP. Then the sigma is an issue out side 10K.  I cannot win here.  I am sick of seeing over-pens after over pens because WG will not lower the set timer of the AP shell.

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

[SALVO]
Members
23,782 posts
24,398 battles
29 minutes ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

She is not OP. A nightmare to hit broadside CL citadel inside 10K using AP. Then the sigma is an issue out side 10K.  I cannot win here.  I am sick of seeing over-pens after over pens because WG will not lower the set timer of the AP shell.

I didn't say that the Roma is OP.  I said that the GC is OP.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
8,966 posts
7,889 battles

Abruzzi is currently in a perfect spot between being demanding for the player and rewarding when played right. On top of that her playstyle is a unique one. Now screwing with her shells would likely cause this unique playstyle to get lost. And in case you wonder, the HE is actually very usable. You just have to know your targets, know your aim, know your positions, and on top of that know how to survive in her.

So no, for Abruzzi in particular she should not get SAP. 

[UFFA]
Members
1,947 posts
73 battles

A toned down AP shell? Yes. 

Cruiser SAP? No. This gimmick has been used to justify leaving cruiser AP performance at relatively mediocre levels. The trade off for high alpha is too much. 

[WOLF3]
Members
23,553 posts
21,111 battles
4 hours ago, Sparviero said:

Cruiser SAP? No. This gimmick has been used to justify leaving cruiser AP performance at relatively mediocre levels. The trade off for high alpha is too much. 

Battleship players will love SAP Cruisers.

No Fires to worry about.

You can angle and bounce SAP while HE you couldn't.

[-TNT-]
Members
911 posts
16,553 battles
6 hours ago, Sparviero said:

I share your concerns that SAP will not be effective against battleships. As I stated, WG will what to fix this over-match threshold if it to be viable round against thick hull Armour.  Another option is to reduce timer loads from 15 sec to 10 sec. I like the unique smoke ability to run away.  Moreover, with SAP I need not worry about selecting DE (3) points that could be used elsewhere..... SE? 

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

Sign in to follow this