You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Salvo_Creative

Altering your W/R

52 comments in this topic

[KERMT]
Members
1,009 posts

Hi Guys, 

So when I started streaming I noticed a sharp decline in my W/R, while I do not actually care about it and just play the game for fun I would like to share my experience to show people it is possible to change the course of battles and there for changing your W/R 

I'm enjoying the challenge seeing if I can change the results of a few numbers while I play. 

In the attached pictures you can see the time frame that it took to get it to climb. 

stats.thumb.JPG.8e61ab867359f5b7647d1917c5cb4ee2.JPG

Looking at the dates I put on the file names I started to do something about this actively in May. 

9-5-2019.thumb.JPG.cc4da439a6da9afb4a8a017b28624ac8.JPG

25-6-2019.thumb.JPG.458ed3234812abece7ee588b6f689515.JPG

26-6-2019.thumb.JPG.7e60e82cb111cb90e34e12483445edbf.JPG

There was a sharp drop again, I put this down to my fault as when I stream I am concentrating on the Twitch chat and it can throw me off. 

However I prefer to give the people the time to answer what has been said, if I sink so be it. 

6-8-2019.thumb.JPG.a14914a69094796328dbf1c415da52e1.JPG

The Difference right now to get to a flat 50% W/R is 153 wins, that is going to always be a struggle to get a straight lot of wins however I tend to get 6-7 wins in a row on average so it is not too bad. 

I also have been playing a lot more battles in ships I know I am good with, 

Tirpitz. 

shot-19_08.06_14_46.42-0115.thumb.jpg.b80dec3c42bbcf13b98c8421d1062f08.jpg

While Tirpitz is my Fav it is not the only ship I am playing however I do lean into it pretty hard. 

583061455_battlesplayed.thumb.JPG.5795911ea1c4b6c1e5d38a6107ec95a3.JPG

I know this ship well and how to use it when I am in a Tier X game, so over all it is a very fun experience knowing that I can and am changing my W/R

But it is taking a lot of time however I have a lot of time on my side. 

Over the common factors I have found is 

Protect your DD's 

Weekends people are silly. 

sometimes you get a team that is comprised of players with little combat experience in the ship they're using,  

because there is a Ebb and Flow to people I have been able to play off that, 

When you get 2 losses in a row, stop for around 7-10mins, stretch your legs, get a coffee etc.... 

Reason behind this is all the aggressive players die early, then like falling off a bike you pick yourself up and try again, eventually you will get a team comprised of mostly aggressive players (play style) and then the magic happens and you roll them back. 

Just keep hitting battle on and you'll likely keep up this momentum. 

Also if you want a good understanding of the player behind the stats look at their achievements, they can show you a lot. 

Achievements.thumb.JPG.de0d4de994778c3b967439f398841870.JPG

At least the above has been applied successfully to myself however you can see the time it takes, so I hope some of this information is helpful to someone. 

• Cool 8

[LOU1]
Members
4,170 posts
12,075 battles

It doesn't have to be straight wins.  For example, if you win 3 out of 5 or 4 out of 7, you will be 1 ahead and still be closing the gap to have wins equal losses.  Stressing out about streaks can affect your game play.

[KERMT]
Members
1,009 posts
Just now, ExploratorOne said:

It doesn't have to be straight wins.  For example, if you win 3 out of 5 or 4 out of 7, you will be 1 ahead and still be closing the gap to have wins equal losses.  Stressing out about streaks can affect your game play.

Exactly, it does come down to stress management a lot in your own personal life too. 

Just keeping calm and collected is how you bounce back from a loss.

[LOU1]
Members
4,170 posts
12,075 battles

I am still having problems with that and it has caused me to take a break from Randoms after clawing my way from 41% almost to the 50% point.  It was supposed to just be a few days, but it has gone on for months.  Even though I had my recent PR up in the 1200's and WR mid to high 50's.  I know work and family live is distracting me and adding stress, so I haven't wanted to risk that 50% goal with being so close.  I guess this should be the week to start.

Savvy WOWS and WOT players have frequently said that chasing stats is purely for the number is not the right way to think about it.  They suggest you play the game as best you can and the stats will reflect that.  A little more damage, a little more capping, a little more spotting.  Oddly, surviving a bit longer can have a big impact, as does patience.  Dropping down to a low tier to practice pure gunnery helped me a bit.  Don't ride losing streaks, take a break.  And the ultimate technique - stick with one ship that you are good with.  Especially, do not bounce around between ship classes in a session.  In your case, playing the Tirp exclusively for several days, while boring, will most like likely get you over the hump. 

Guess my signature in a couple of weeks will show whether I am a man or a mouse - my difference for 50% is 19 battles ...

• Cool 1

[KERMT]
Members
1,009 posts
10 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Oldie but goodie:

After reading that, this is where I drew inspiration for my post. 

While I followed little white mouses example, they have good stats so it is kinda like the Queen of England saying "you too can be royalty, you just need to believe" seems far fetched. 

But I have boots on the ground experience as well as documenting my progress so I thought I would share that, as a more "through the eyes of an average players perspective" which really is what I wrote because I aint nothing special, but I am showing that the stat change can be done if you choose to. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,612 posts
14,667 battles

Well done bettering yourself!

it is not easy to make a dent in the numbers when you have 1000s of fights as well.

Spoiler

In the mean time some of us just cheat and get people to carry us :Smile_hiding:

[TBW]
Members
10,292 posts
17,487 battles

My random WR hasn't gone up or down since I quit randoms and just have fun now.

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,899 posts
35,260 battles

I have a LOT of ships, so tend to jump around. I do better if I stick with a theme such as USN DDs or HE spamming cruisers than randomly selecting DD, BB, CL etc. 

• Cool 1

[A-O]
Members
1,001 posts
10,109 battles
39 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

107 battles until I reach 50%

29-8-2019.JPG

I think you need actually 122 wins.

49.3% WR comes to 4305 wins vs 4427 losses; a difference of 122

Or am I missing something here ?

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,367 battles
On 8/5/2019 at 11:58 PM, ExploratorOne said:

Savvy WOWS and WOT players have frequently said that chasing stats is purely for the number is not the right way to think about it.  They suggest you play the game as best you can and the stats will reflect that.

It's also way more fun that way.

[KERMT]
Members
1,009 posts
6 minutes ago, freggo said:

I think you need actually 122 wins.

49.3% WR comes to 4305 wins vs 4427 losses; a difference of 122

Or am I missing something here ?

maybe I worked it out wrong

I just did 4412 minus 4306 and the left over value is what I perceived to be the break even count 

[CAST]
Members
4,998 posts
3,513 battles

There are three sure fire ways to improving your win rate over time:

1) Grab your most overpowered ship and play hundreds or thousands of match in that ship alone.

2) Div up everyday with good players who also either play OP ships, or OP ship combos like a CV plus two AA heavy ships.

3) Actually learn how to be a better player. Play the objectives. Understand the value in point gain from capping. Don't show broadside to ships that can one shot you. Support your DDs. Shoot enemy DDs. Don't solo yolo with no support into a half dozen enemy ships. Play many different ship types so you get an idea of what each is capable of and how to best counter them.

Of the three, I obviously recommend the third. But I suspect most players just stick with the first two.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,900 posts
17,954 battles

Remember that for cumulative win rate, the impact of any one game has ever diminishing affect on the overall rate.

At 10 games, each game affects WR by 10%.

At 100 games, each game affects WR by 1%.

At 1000 games, the affect is 0.1%.

At 10000 games, the affect is 0.01%. 

I'm well over 10000 games.  I could win 10 straight games and my WR will change less than 0.1%!!!!  On the flip side, I could lose ten straight games, and my WR will change less than 0.1%.

• Cool 1

[KERMT]
Members
1,009 posts
16 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Remember that for cumulative win rate, the impact of any one game has ever diminishing affect on the overall rate.

At 10 games, each game affects WR by 10%.

At 100 games, each game affects WR by 1%.

At 1000 games, the affect is 0.1%.

At 10000 games, the affect is 0.01%. 

I'm well over 10000 games.  I could win 10 straight games and my WR will change less than 0.1%!!!!  On the flip side, I could lose ten straight games, and my WR will change less than 0.1%.

Yeah so it has its pro's and con's 

[KERMT]
Members
1,009 posts
7 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Guess what, the lower your total game count the easier it is to change your stats.

While you are correct I cannot turn back time so I fail to see what your contribution here is other than just wanting to put someone else down to make yourself feel better due to you feeling inadequacy in your own life (whatever it may be) and you have chosen to lash out like this. 

Sorry.

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,475 posts
5,088 battles
On 8/5/2019 at 6:52 PM, pikohan said:

Well done bettering yourself!

it is not easy to make a dent in the numbers when you have 1000s of fights as well.

Thats the hill I'm dying on. While not the greatest player, and never will be, I have learned a lot--and improved--over the years. Trying to undo the stupid things I did early on and get my stats looking a bit more even is, well, a daunting task.

Don't get me wrong...I still do stupid things at times. My point is trying to correct the errors of the past is taking me forever.

[KERMT]
Members
1,009 posts
Just now, BBsquid said:

Thats the hill I'm dying on. While not the greatest player, and never will be, I have learned a lot--and improved--over the years. Trying to undo the stupid things I did early on and get my stats looking a bit more even is, well, a daunting task.

Don't get me wrong...I still do stupid things at times. My point is trying to correct the errors of the past is taking me forever.

I hear that!
Things happen and I cannot change what was but I can work towards what will be. 

With consistency and focus you can achieve anything.

Members
1,674 posts
12,382 battles

How to quickly fix win rate ?

Play ships you have bad win rate in ---- play these alot.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[KERMT]
Members
1,009 posts
28 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

How to quickly fix win rate ?

Play ships you have bad win rate in ---- play these alot.

I did the opposite and cataloged all the ships I had a high W/R in and have been playing those as I figured they were the ships I have a natural feel for, 

Thus far it seems to be working, but I would be interested to try what you have suggested also :)