You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VaygrEmpire

buff cv dive bombers plz

19 comments in this topic

Members
1,439 posts
8,824 battles

Looks like your attack was every bit as successful as any other ship would get while hiding behind an island at the back of the map.  I see no problem.

• Boring 1

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,418 battles

How do you aim with DBs to hit anything since the sight disappears to the rear?

I have only 1 DB hit and that was just luck. I couldn't see the sight at all just pressed the button just before the timer ran out.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I have only 1 DB hit and that was just luck. I couldn't see the sight at all just pressed the button just before the timer ran out.

You have to change the angle of your view.

On the OP, that was RNG but you can twist that RNG a bit in your favor as the bombs tend to fall to the sides make your drops off centered.

The DB's with AP bombs and AP shells in general could use a small buff giving standard/33% damage for that bomb when it causes an incapacitation.

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,031 posts
12,710 battles

I have a bigger issue with dive bomber survivability or the lack thereof.

Unless they're British, or Graf Zeppelin's, they just hover in the point blank range AA aura and get shredded, despite taking reduced damage while they're making their attack.  GZ's don't have the hitpoints to survive getting to start the bombing run, and are largely useless even if they do citadel, the British bombers wouldn't be half bad if they carried bombs that were worth dropping.

• Boring 1

[-TNT-]
Members
404 posts
15,456 battles

My drive bromber's get destroyed way to fast . Might not even get a strike down . But i have fought a Midway with planes that seemed unkillable . So still needs so ballance worked out .

[CAST]
Members
4,981 posts
3,513 battles

1) Saipan is likely the worst dive bomber at her tier.

2) RNG can be a b**ch. Although note ... I cannot see the drop ellipse on the screen, but if it's not fully focused before dropping, bombs will tend to drop on the outer edges.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,914 posts
8,185 battles
12 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Start looking down when you begin the attack run.

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

The dive bombers often seem questionable. The ship can be bigger than the reticle, and you can see your bombs on a contact trajectory but then they just kind of teleport to the sides and splash. I generally don't use dbs too much because of this. Even seen this with both bombs having the same visual trajectory yet somehow land on opposite points 

Edited by Tanuvein

Members
210 posts
1,227 battles

1. How do you uploaded that clip?

2. I thought it was a thread about how quickly the planes died

3. WG nerfed the precision of the usn dive bombers, a buff is impossible because they can destroy a DD in one pass and everyone knows the DD are the fragile babies of the game

4. You did good, that pesky rng screwed your shot, literally, bad luck

Beta Testers
198 posts
9 hours ago, taberuco said:

1. How do you uploaded that clip?

2. I thought it was a thread about how quickly the planes died

3. WG nerfed the precision of the usn dive bombers, a buff is impossible because they can destroy a DD in one pass and everyone knows the DD are the fragile babies of the game

4. You did good, that pesky rng screwed your shot, literally, bad luck

1. gif. just attach the file

2. ???

3. agreed. glad devs know they over-nerfed cvs.

4. :(