Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Beaches

a chance to get the benham

20 comments in this topic

[VX9]
[VX9]
Members
19 posts
3,784 battles

during that event, I had only been able to get 3 games in due to work, and I'm wondering sadly if there will be another opportunity to get this ship, as it seems the only way still available to me and other players is to pay $333.00 in my currency for the boxes. which is most defiantly not going to happen.

so does anyone know when there will be a chance to get this ship again?

-fingers crossed 

• Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
4,970 battles

There is nothing indicating that it wont be available again like Missouri, but I believe Radar himself said there are no immediate plans following the event.

Edited by _1204_

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,573 posts
15,629 battles

I had missed two missions due to being stuck in the mud with ranked sprint. I had to fork over $6 to get the gold to buy one loot box to finish out the fuel tokens requirement.

I hope it is available in the future for the ones who missed it. It is a torpedo spamming machine. I really don't know why it wouldn't be available in the future. It's not a ATM like the MO. Not even a distant second like the Musashi. However it is fun. If you like torpedo boats. I liken it to  IJN torp boats but with less powerful, shorter ranged torpedos, meh guns and a little less concealment. I've found it useful for putting cap circles awash in fish. Most kills so far have been DD's who sit in a smoke cloud. Hard to dodge a wall of torpedos.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
1 hour ago, _Beaches said:

during that event, I had only been able to get 3 games in due to work, and I'm wondering sadly if there will be another opportunity to get this ship, as it seems the only way still available to me and other players is to pay $333.00 in my currency for the boxes. which is most defiantly not going to happen.

so does anyone know when there will be a chance to get this ship again?

-fingers crossed 

If it doesn't become available again, don't feel too bad.  It is a good boat, but that gnawing feeling of having missed it will eventually evaporate.  It took me a long time to get over missing the Kamikaze R by just two pearls, but I eventually did.  It was no doubt by WG's ongoing campaign of powercreeping legacy IJN destroyers into the ground, but still.

[SBS]
Members
5,897 posts
41 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

There is nothing indicating that it wont be available again like Missouri, but I believe Radar himself said there are no immediate plans following the event.

Yep, it will be available again, after WG creates demand through artificial scarcity.

[TF-64]
Members
540 posts
19,035 battles

I'm hoping for it to become a coal ship after 4 months or so so the earners can enjoy some exclusive time and the rest of us can get it later. 

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,130 battles

I couldn't get it because I went on vacation for a bit more than 2 weeks and it was TOO expensive to buy the missing tokens. I looks like an interesting ship and I hope it becomes available again some day.

• Cool 1

[VX9]
[VX9]
Members
19 posts
3,784 battles

thanks for all the comments guys, honestly, it's just sad it was such tight mission grind or fork over $333.oo CAD to obtain her.
if shes comes out for coal that would be cool, I myself am saving up my steel for more premium DD's, as I'm a DD main.

even if WG put her on the premium shop for say $40-$60 I'd buy happily :).

guess ill just have to wait and see what the outcome ends up being with her future release!

[HINON]
Members
3,254 posts
26,511 battles

I sympathize amigo. I did quite a bit of grinding and in the end still had to cough up $21 American pesos to buy the prem crates needed to get her. What's worse is that aside from the tokens, the value of those crates were insulting, most of them had credits and nothing else worth a damn.

Members
3,081 posts
6,604 battles
6 minutes ago, Squib_Surefire said:

Well to be honest, it can print credits.... Just yesterday I had my first million credit game without any flags and it was in the Benham. 

I'm pretty potato, but I have also noted it seems to earn really well. The fish aren't very powerful, though, so you're not going to superman punch KO anyone any time soon, but... there's a lot of them.

[CAST]
Members
4,981 posts
3,513 battles

While it sucks that you didn't get a chance to get this ship during the event ... I'll be honest, I'd rather there be LESS Benhams running around than more. That ship is absolute cancer and has reintroduced the extreme 'wall of skill' into the game where most BB players refuse to push or tank because of the continuous threat of *16* fast reloading torps.

Whoever in Wargaming thought releasing this ship as is was a good idea was clearly on heavy drugs. For all the gnashing of teeth over Ohio and Colbert, Benham is much much worse for the game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-K_P-]
Members
409 posts
3,437 battles

@_BeachesProbably you are going to have to hope for a lucky Christmas crate to get the Benham.  I have not had enough time to play her, but had fun playing the Hill to earn the extra tokens, so I wouldn't have to buy many crates.  Good luck to you.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,379 posts
15,783 battles

I would bet it will be in the Santa crate list.

[NUWES]
Members
3,130 posts
10,666 battles
17 hours ago, epojokke said:

I couldn't get it because I went on vacation for a bit more than 2 weeks and it was TOO expensive to buy the missing tokens. I looks like an interesting ship and I hope it becomes available again some day.

^Same issue for me. I was on vacation and couldn't make up the missing missions. 

[VX9]
[VX9]
Members
19 posts
3,784 battles
52 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

While it sucks that you didn't get a chance to get this ship during the event ... I'll be honest, I'd rather there be LESS Benhams running around than more. That ship is absolute cancer and has reintroduced the extreme 'wall of skill' into the game where most BB players refuse to push or tank because of the continuous threat of *16* fast reloading torps.

Whoever in Wargaming thought releasing this ship as is was a good idea was clearly on heavy drugs. For all the gnashing of teeth over Ohio and Colbert, Benham is much much worse for the game.

as a DD main, i kinda wish i could have her in my list of ships at my disposal if you know what i mean

[CAST]
Members
4,981 posts
3,513 battles
3 minutes ago, _Beaches said:

as a DD main, i kinda wish i could have her in my list of ships at my disposal if you know what i mean

Oh, I'd love to have her too for those times where I've had a really bad day at work and just wish to project my misery to the World of Warships server, one sinking battleship at a time.

• Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,884 posts
9,934 battles
19 hours ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

I'm hoping for it to become a coal ship after 4 months or so so the earners can enjoy some exclusive time and the rest of us can get it later. 

Just IMHO, but I would think steel more likely - Benham is a ship that flips the meta right now as much as the Black can. People will grind for that.

[VX9]
[VX9]
Members
19 posts
3,784 battles

i picked up the Kidd recently for clan battles, and im since been in love with the interesting style of gameplay. i like being able to get into a nice gunfight and have the option/ability to recover from my wounds afterward. 
AA is a serious beast no question about it !

Sign in to follow this