You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ThisGuySlaps

Mogador is fantastic...

30 comments in this topic

[B-Z]
Members
1,679 posts
17,934 battles

....at finishing atop the losing team. I know, I know, carry harder/git gud etc.

Oddly enough, CV has not been my biggest frustration in these ships. They highlight huge imbalances in MM. Not just skills wise - though skills wise if you run MM Monitor and see you have an average win rate of 30% You're kinda done from the start-  but the fact you can get 2 Tashkents and a Mogador on one team, and triple Benham on the other. This has always been an issue, but I guess it's going to be bigger in coming weeks when other people get them. 

People joked this line would be dead on arrival, and I think I'm going to give up on them once this credit grind for directives is done. They are fairly strong in certain situations. The issue is, you are reliant on too many other factors to engineer this situation - factors out of your control, and in control of your team mates. In any other ship you can engineer yourself a situation where your tools are useful, but these ships you are at the mercy of MM, RNG giving you 40 storms in a row, a CV, bad team mates, everything.

The way this game is, you need to play a ship you can solo carry in because relying on team mates is the ultimate lol. And these ships are not able to carry by themselves. They just can't. If fun for you is winning, then they are not fun.

..image.thumb.png.692cc6e09754445ba9fb93b509c5a11f.png

image.thumb.png.139af645431310ccbc109eb0a702ee6c.png

image.thumb.png.2552f236c95fd859c860b1d6695ad7a5.png

Edited by OlDirtyBoatstard
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[B-Z]
Members
1,679 posts
17,934 battles

Although your insight is wonderful, I can't help but think it's not really pertinent here. I actually don't farm damage in it.

Edited by OlDirtyBoatstard

Members
273 posts
7,532 battles

man I feel your pain. This early morning I had 4 total blowout defeats. Bbs going in reverse and the flank collapsed and just wrecked us. I normally don't complain about matchmaking but this morning was bad. You can't solo carry 8 bad teammates who sit and snipe or charge in to be blown up

[-KIA-]
Members
562 posts
6,290 battles

Time of day makes a big difference in MM also. Early mornings and really late nights typically are full of potatoes. I’ve had nights with 1-2 wins out of a dozen games even though I averaged 100k+ damage and 1+ kill per game.

[B-Z]
Members
1,679 posts
17,934 battles
11 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

Time of day makes a big difference in MM also. Early mornings and really late nights typically are full of potatoes. I’ve had nights with 1-2 wins out of a dozen games even though I averaged 100k+ damage and 1+ kill per game.

This is the problem. I play during the time that the server goes down for patching, when there are usually only ~3k people online. Lots of chinese reroll divisions and ANZ4C sync drops.

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
562 posts
6,290 battles
9 minutes ago, OlDirtyBoatstard said:

This is the problem. I play during the time that the server goes down for patching, when there are usually only ~3k people online. Lots of chinese reroll divisions and ANZ4C sync drops.

Yeah the few hours before server reboot is full of terribad players. Unless you can solo at least 1/3 of the enemy team it’s pretty hard to win.

Members
3,583 posts
12,963 battles
1 minute ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

Yeah the few hours before server reboot is full of terribad players. Unless you can solo at least 1/3 of the enemy team it’s pretty hard to win.

Please, dont spread my secret to maintaining my WR. Thanks.

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,033 battles

Mogador plays like a khab. Much better ballistic arc than earlier ships. Usable torps. 52 knots. 

Very good at getting to the flanks and halting an advance 

Members
833 posts
5,794 battles

I love the Mogador but I don’t think a lot of people truly understand her. I hear speak of gun boat but that’s only one of her tools. Her speed and her fantastic torp angle/armament make her an assassin. Sure you can farm 100k dmg with guns alone or you can speed boost to 54kts on a solo BB creeping around an island and drop all ten torps at 3km with a wiggle of the ship before he can even react. Or finish of low cruisers from range or ambush DDs. I’ll even use my last known location as bait and turn around after going dark so they think I’m leaving the area. However, patience is required as she’s strongest late game finishing off ships and capping when the team is spread/thinned out. 

• Cool 1

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,033 battles
10 hours ago, OlDirtyBoatstard said:

No, no it doesn't.

That’s how I play her and she delivers

[B-Z]
Members
1,679 posts
17,934 battles
Just now, wstugamd said:

That’s how I play her and she delivers

I just looked at your statistics in her to check your credibility, and our idea of "delivers" seems to vary by a considerable margin.

• Funny 1

[YARRR]
Members
702 posts
5,750 battles

IMHO this and the Colbert are the most broken ships in the game.  The term "toxic gameplay" comes to mind actually.

• Cool 1

Members
2,436 posts
5,365 battles

There are alot of ships i like that i cannot carry in game. I playing the Yoshi, but its so team dependent.

Members
86 posts
3,881 battles

Plenty of non gimmicky cruiser killers; trading an actual dd for this hybrid is a detriment to your team vs decent players. No reason to play a gimmicky cruiser killer when battleships can sit comfortably at 15km +. 

Members
597 posts
7,318 battles

It has a high skill cap. I try to cap early but often you don't get any followup support since the radar cruisers from the Reds arrive. Then you try and hunt DD's or targets of Opp and stay out of radar range. You often will run into a charging Daring so yeah you can trade but often that just ends up with both killed. Catching BB's is something you can do but i have noticed often BB's are running in packs or with a Seattle type so yep, at Tier 9 with bad CE you have to get lucky and get gud. 

[POD]
Members
30 posts
16,663 battles
3 hours ago, OlDirtyBoatstard said:

I just looked at your statistics in her to check your credibility, and our idea of "delivers" seems to vary by a considerable margin.

I looked up your stats. You have a 56% win rate in the Mogadishu (58% overall). You seem to be doing fine in it..

[WOLF7]
Members
12,595 posts

It's a tier ship...if WG did make it OP just to sucker a few people in...they can ruin it anytime they feel like it.....:Smile_trollface:

[HAI]
Members
73 posts
4,504 battles
17 hours ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

I love the Mogador but I don’t think a lot of people truly understand her. I hear speak of gun boat but that’s only one of her tools. Her speed and her fantastic torp angle/armament make her an assassin. Sure you can farm 100k dmg with guns alone or you can speed boost to 54kts on a solo BB creeping around an island and drop all ten torps at 3km with a wiggle of the ship before he can even react. Or finish of low cruisers from range or ambush DDs. I’ll even use my last known location as bait and turn around after going dark so they think I’m leaving the area. However, patience is required as she’s strongest late game finishing off ships and capping when the team is spread/thinned out. 

This is what I've recently realized with Fantasque & Mogador.  Use their speed and high speed / high damage torps to flush islands and sweep the flanks.  Can also citadel spam unsuspecting cruisers if you can sneak up on their broadside and do surprising damage with reload booster.   But I still don't really have enough games in it to decide if this is reliable or dependable.  Seems it can all too often be too dependent on what other people do.  Having team support and opponents making mistakes.  Ship can punish mistakes, but if they don't make them, it's hard to be a play maker in this ship. 

Members
833 posts
5,794 battles
20 minutes ago, Falran said:

This is what I've recently realized with Fantasque & Mogador.  Use their speed and high speed / high damage torps to flush islands and sweep the flanks.  Can also citadel spam unsuspecting cruisers if you can sneak up on their broadside and do surprising damage with reload booster.   But I still don't really have enough games in it to decide if this is reliable or dependable.  Seems it can all too often be too dependent on what other people do.  Having team support and opponents making mistakes.  Ship can punish mistakes, but if they don't make them, it's hard to be a play maker in this ship. 

The high tier French are high skill ceiling ships. While weak in concealment, the have strong guns, torps, and speed. The trick is knowing when to use which tool. They seem to excel late game when the enemy is more spread out and have less support. They are great at finishing low ships of any kind. I find if I push to early and overextend, I lose half my health and I’m gimped later on. So I spot, shoot, and do standard torp drops for area denial. If a BB overextended and his support is further back than my concealment, I’ll make a dive. I’ll only be spotted as long as that BB is alive. Against DDs it’s key not to extend to engagement into danger zone. Sneak attack, delete a bunch of health, and then disengage before trading too much health or getting focused by enemy. Cruisers can be baited in to torps if they chase due to awesome torp angles. I sometimes pull enemies into torps by shooting and then heading toward my torps so they follow. The torps we very fast and reload quickly. As you said AP with reload booster on a flat unsuspecting cruiser can vaporize them. And using islands to mitigate the concealment means you can dev strike camping BBs. The thing about these ships is that it’s easy to make a mistake and die early. But it’s also possible to have monster games. I’ve got about 220k do on my mogador and I feel like I’m just scratching the surface.