You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Carriers - how about undoing a few things?

9 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,506 posts

Boy if I could only get you to rewind back to 0.8.0 and tack a different course... not happening, I know. So here...

1) Please dig down into the code that controls aircraft on attack runs and fix it. I mean FIX IT. You know how da** irritating it is for the flight controls to react differently once you are in the attack mode? Probably not... but trust me. Makes one want to kick their carrier to the curb and walk away from it. 

2) Sound effects - they disappear. It's been going on for a couple of patches. I know you know this but still it happens. Not much fun, kinda like a silent movie, so you have to improvise with whistles and stuff. 

3) Remove all the stupid janky stuff you've done to them - meaning I've played them since release. The aircraft no longer handle the way they did on release.  It's also ridiculous when an IJN dive bomber drops with a one second lead DEAD CENTER (bow to stern, right down the pipes) on a cruiser or above and magically the drop falls to either side of the target. Ridiculous.

I'm driving them only in OPS and coop these days. Doing so won't earn you much money from me. Doing so also assures me I won't need to be buying any premium carrier(s) too. 

So hey, why even read this, right? 

I tell you I can't wait to see the sub release happen. It could go down in gaming history as one of the  biggest >>>>*<<<<<< in the history of gaming. 

Optimists will fill in that blank one way, pessimists another. Isn't gaming fun!? 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 4

[TRIST]
Members
412 posts
4,255 battles

Heu Herr, when I was new(er, still am a little sea man) I used to hate CVs, but after many games and actually playing the dang things, I agree! CVs have been nerfed too harshly, and I'd like a few things done to them to make them alot more fun to play! I agree with the points you made here

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

In AlfaTesters
380 posts

This dramatic nerfing and buffing ‘pendulum’  has become ‘new game content’.

As long as people are bickering about ‘balance’ they won’t  unite and demand actual game quality and content improvements.

WG are a sophisticated, intelligent group, none of what’s happening here is from incompetence or mistake.

Thats why they are on record as having “no regrets” concerning the current state of the game.

My two cents...

[DBRIS]
Members
627 posts
11,150 battles

Being that the planes get slaughtered while on an attack run. Can we have the planes just kamikaze in to the target ship? I mean you can ram with ships, why not planes?

• Cool 2

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,810 battles

Sorry to say this but the reason CV's were nerfed was to increase profitability of the Rogue wave event and French DD's. No one would've wanted the Benham if CV's were buzzing around at pre 0.8.5 strength. Don't worry, CV's will be buffed when French crates leave the shop.

metamorphic profit model

• Boring 1

Members
1,872 posts
5 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Boy if I could only get you to rewind back to 0.8.0 and tack a different course... not happening, I know. So here...

1) Please dig down into the code that controls aircraft on attack runs and fix it. I mean FIX IT. You know how da** irritating it is for the flight controls to react differently once you are in the attack mode? Probably not... but trust me. Makes one want to kick their carrier to the curb and walk away from it. 

2) Sound effects - they disappear. It's been going on for a couple of patches. I know you know this but still it happens. Not much fun, kinda like a silent movie, so you have to improvise with whistles and stuff. 

3) Remove all the stupid janky stuff you've done to them - meaning I've played them since release. The aircraft no longer handle the way they did on release.  It's also ridiculous when an IJN dive bomber drops with a one second lead DEAD CENTER (bow to stern, right down the pipes) on a cruiser or above and magically the drop falls to either side of the target. Ridiculous.

I'm driving them only in OPS and coop these days. Doing so won't earn you much money from me. Doing so also assures me I won't need to be buying any premium carrier(s) too. 

So hey, why even read this, right? 

I tell you I can't wait to see the sub release happen. It could go down in gaming history as one of the  biggest >>>>*<<<<<< in the history of gaming. 

Optimists will fill in that blank one way, pessimists another. Isn't gaming fun!? 

I thought it was just me!

Are your planes wigging out in the middle of an attack run too? They'll just miraculously turn in a circle for no reason messing up your aim? I thought it was latency or a de-sync issue...

Yup. I noticed a bug with sound effects as well.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,506 posts
7 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I thought it was just me!

Are your planes wigging out in the middle of an attack run too? They'll just miraculously turn in a circle for no reason messing up your aim? I thought it was latency or a de-sync issue...

Yup. I noticed a bug with sound effects as well.

Its not only things like you mention but the simple act of aiming them for drops/attacks. They fly just fine, respond just fine until you are in the attack run - then things get kind of squishy, less-responsive. I do remember them "adjusting" flight controls so you literally could not turn well enough to circle back on a target you overflew... I believe that's when it started, or at least I noticed it. 

[ZR]
Beta Testers
282 posts
9,713 battles

This is what happens when you try to force a class into the game that doesn’t fit fundamentally. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

I have been having fun lately with CVs but still I agree with op - I'd add autopilot or hull control as another bit of messy coding that decreases CV fun.

Unfortunately old CVs were a buggy mess and these hold the same. They shouldn't be surprised people are upset at poor performance when they don't feel lime they have very good control over their planes and ship. They definitely need to go back and just balance plane numbers instead of making them frustrating to control purely for balance purposes.

Honestly this is one of the biggest failings of the rework that the old CVs had - if they can't code it to feel like a quality product like surface ships, of course people will be less accepting of any other problems. I've mentioned this before, but it was critical WG implemented some of the fixes and problems from TST and PTS before aircraft went live if they wanted to garner good will.

Edited by Tanuvein