Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soggytacoos

Kremlin is stupid strong.

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

43
[TRIGR]
Members
65 posts
4,183 battles

The thing has yamato size guns, the deck armor is retarded,  Has more hp than GK, more maneuverable than yamato, and has Montana accuracy? now how does this seem fair to anyone? The thing seriously needs a nerf, because right now it is completely overpowered. I can not say how many times i have nearly one shot by a kremlin, in any of my ships. So lets make a montana accurate, GK hp and deck armor, yamato guns, and more speed than yamato a thing. Great idea. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
617
[THREE]
Members
2,100 posts
10,631 battles
25 minutes ago, Soggytacoos said:

The thing has yamato size guns, the deck armor is retarded,  Has more hp than GK, more maneuverable than yamato, and has Montana accuracy? now how does this seem fair to anyone? The thing seriously needs a nerf, because right now it is completely overpowered. I can not say how many times i have nearly one shot by a kremlin, in any of my ships. So lets make a montana accurate, GK hp and deck armor, yamato guns, and more speed than yamato a thing. Great idea. 

It can also be citadeled by khab...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
248 posts
10,677 battles

Kremlin only has 457s. Yammy has 460s. The difference is 0.1inches but that difference is enough for one to not be able to bow pen 32mm armor and the other is able to. In addition the dispersion is heavily affect by RNG. You will have 20km salvos that make legendary yammy jealous and you’ll have point blank shots that paint around the target. Kremlin is completely balanced. 

Edited by _CPR
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
207 posts
1,141 battles

I was in my shokaku and bombed a t6 BB, what happened? ALL THE BOMBS (T8) BOUNCED, and i was like omg based glorious soviet edited navy

Do you think was pure coincidence they released the soviet BB line at the highest point of the cv rage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,470
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,285 posts
14,494 battles

Of course, and? It's just missing smoke, torpedos, radar, hydro, speed boost, and reload booster, and ability to double as a CV.. Then it would be perfect! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[TRIGR]
Members
65 posts
4,183 battles
4 hours ago, _CPR said:

Kremlin only has 457s. Yammy has 460s. The difference is 0.1inches but that difference is enough for one to not be able to bow pen 32mm armor and the other is able to. In addition the dispersion is heavily affect by RNG. You will have 20km salvos that make legendary yammy jealous and you’ll have point blank shots that paint around the target. Kremlin is completely balanced. 

No kremlin is not balanced what so ever, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,795
[WOLF3]
Members
25,623 posts
22,583 battles
On 8/5/2019 at 2:37 PM, Toxic_Potato said:

HE spam works extremely well.  Just cook’m.

 

It's funny because many BB drivers forget they have HE shells that would easily penetrate a mere 60mm deck armor.

 

380mm / 6 = 63.33 or 63mm

A regular 'ol 380mm HE shell requires 63mm of armor to defeat it.

 

There's also a line of BBs that simply don't care about that 60mm armor.  Royal Navy Battleships.  Most predominantly, 419mm Conqueror doesn't give a f---k about your armor :Smile_trollface:  BB HE will easily pen that 60mm, but RN BBs have an additional characteristic that their HE shells have higher damage values.

 

In addition, in a BB vs BB situation, there's the classic Montana vs bow on Yamato.  Yamato has quite a bit of advantage because bow on, she can tank Montana's AP.  Hell, Yamato can be defensively played like that and her 460mm AP can still Overmatch Montana.  But a decent Montana player will not keep to playing that "AP into a prepared Yamato's face" game.  They'll switch to HE.  406mm HE x12 into anyone's face, regardless of their armor, they're going to feel that.

 

Kremlin is the same way.  People talk like we haven't had BBs that are extremely tough while bow on before.  We had counters to them and there are counters even for a bow on / angled Kremlin.

 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
514
[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,534 posts
4,444 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 7:27 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's funny because many BB drivers forget they have HE shells that would easily penetrate a mere 60mm deck armor.

ran into an Alabama last night that started shooting HE at me in my Kremlin while kiting. It wasn't the worst thing to happen (considering I had been set on fire a lot early in the match and just let them burn instead of putting them out, I used up all my heals but had plenty of DCPs left.) He did more meaningful damage to me than a Zao firing nothing but HE, a Chappy firing nothing but HE, and a Yamato trying to chip away at me with AP while I was angling/bow on. 

That match cracked me up, both the Chappy and Zao were trying to wander in as close as they could get without getting detected, and wouldn't shoot at me until I fired at someone who happened to be spotted. it was a weird cat and mouse game while a DM and I held down an entire flank against like 4-5 ships, him radaring here and there to keep tabs on a shimmy that tried really REALLY hard to kill me with torps. I'd see a Yamato, fire at him, the Chappy and the Zao would try to torch me (FP skill ftw) once they knew I was reloading, Alabama hid behind an island contesting the cap, until the chappy died, and the Zao and Yamato started kiting, Zao tried to help his teams failing flank (since me and the DM were doing so well, all but 2-3 players on our team zerged the other flank,) Yamato tried to ambush but was sailing broadside and I essentially punished him for it, and the Alabama started moving away, kiting. He chipped me down enough that the Shima, after missing a whole bunch of torpedoes, finally started shooting at me, and got the final fire that killed me no less than 4-5 seconds before my DCP came off cooldown. (But not before doing like 225k damage)

TL;DR, an Alabama did more to me with HE than any other ship in the match, he was a smart guy. 

That said, I have an aside that I don't want to post in its own thread. 

Does any other Russian BB player (especially the Kremlin guys) completely wreck face if they are the only Kremlin in the match, but if theres one or two on the enemy team you're just garbage? or just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[A-K-A]
Beta Testers
142 posts
4,444 battles

20km away kremlin 360 no scope my yoshino without anyroom for me to manauver out of his shot 
image.png.23f526443a2790758d978f3855584025.png
'' but russian BB have crap accuracy at max range'' is [edited]stupid argument. even more when they put sonic shell with overmatch and insane penetration that somehow dont just ''roma''  when hitting something

meanwhile everyother bb in existance have drawback russian have '' but im weak to fire, while: 
best in class accuracy 
best in class shell flight time 
best in class penetration (that dont ROMA on it) 
second best in class caliber
best in class armor
sameish speed as REPUBLIQUE (29.5 to 30knt)
better detection as MONTANA (17 to 17.8)
best in class repare party
best in class armor scheme
best in class turret traverse
second best in class torpedo bulge
best in class HP
best in class AA




anyone defending this stupidity of a napkin ship are the same eagerly waiting on Slava with foam on their mouth

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[A-K-A]
Beta Testers
142 posts
4,444 battles
7 minutes ago, loco_max said:

wow, a nerfing whining for battleships aficionados? 


so, you think russian bb are in a good spot? 

cant wait to see those competitive clan wars stats myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,518 posts

no worst than the Bourgogne...

25 minutes ago, devilman275 said:


so, you think russian bb are in a good spot? 

cant wait to see those competitive clan wars stats myself

Like the Bourgogne...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[A-K-A]
Beta Testers
142 posts
4,444 battles
18 minutes ago, loco_max said:

no worst than the Bourgogne...

Like the Bourgogne...

i see your point, Bourgogne has indeed strong stats compared to the others 

lets see what bourgogne works with

second best in class number of guns, same as montana, GK, 16'' conquerer
worst in class gun caliber with '' only'' 15'' guns
wrorst in class armor scheme  *32mm all around
best in class speed
second best in class concealement
good penetration for caliber
third in class secondaries *heavily limited arc of fire, fragile, République has a much better secondaries due to layout
worst in class dispersion 
worst in class HP pool *74 700
good torpedo belt
worst turret survivability in class
third in class torpedo belt


now the reason people think its OP, Consumable 

has Reload booster for mainguns, allows it to pump shell with 10 sec reload for 3 salvo up to 4 time/112sec with correct skill and premium
speed boost allows the ship to go a couple knots faster 


now for the price point of this ship, and the limited 50 000 games on servers, the ship is heavily limited to seasoned clan player and purple clans, the stats reflect that 


on a individual ship power, it is strong, however it cant carry, it HP pool, armor layout leave it extremely vulnerable to focus fire from HE 

compare that to Kremlin, how is this ship any better ? Kremlin will be a must have in the next T10 clanwars for it's sheer tankyness and ability to delete anything inside its somewhat shallow 20km range 

i may be biased since i've only played Bourgogne and not Kremlin but one is clearly better than the other has a individual ship 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
601
[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,441 posts
10,195 battles

The issue I'm seeing going up the line so far are:

#1 the guns, the stats for those guns and the actual performance in game don't make any sense. You get magical unicorn dev strikes and massive pen damage in ways that just flat out don't make any sense.

#2 with the slightest angle you're bouncing shells that would have you punished in any other ship. True when you are flat broad you take gigantic citadel damage if not just die outright...but it's really questionable how little you can angle and get away with it. 

#3 I'm not even to the Vlad yet but I can already see the questionable armor performance that makes me wonder "how does that not hurt me more?" Considering that a number have silly amount of armor in key places I can't imagine how that's suppose to be balanced when suddenly the only thing that can pen them with HE is a meme build Hindenburg.

I'm not saying nerf the whole line but a few of them seriously need some tuning down. Both Izmail and Sinop, for example, gun performance doesn't make any sense and I've had quite a few in-game convos about how my salvo just deleted them at some weird angle with only 1 or two shells. It just doesn't match what it seems to say about them on paper, magical 10km and under dispersion aside.

The whole dispersion reduction at 10km and under is a whole other issue. It's just a tad too much imo.

Edited by Vekta408

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
514
[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,534 posts
4,444 battles
On 9/18/2019 at 1:18 PM, Vekta408 said:

The issue I'm seeing going up the line so far are:

#1 the guns, the stats for those guns and the actual performance in game don't make any sense. You get magical unicorn dev strikes and massive pen damage in ways that just flat out don't make any sense.

#2 with the slightest angle you're bouncing shells that would have you punished in any other ship. True when you are flat broad you take gigantic citadel damage if not just die outright...but it's really questionable how little you can angle and get away with it. 

#3 I'm not even to the Vlad yet but I can already see the questionable armor performance that makes me wonder "how does that not hurt me more?" Considering that a number have silly amount of armor in key places I can't imagine how that's suppose to be balanced when suddenly the only thing that can pen them with HE is a meme build Hindenburg.

I'm not saying nerf the whole line but a few of them seriously need some tuning down. Both Izmail and Sinop, for example, gun performance doesn't make any sense and I've had quite a few in-game convos about how my salvo just deleted them at some weird angle with only 1 or two shells. It just doesn't match what it seems to say about them on paper, magical 10km and under dispersion aside.

The whole dispersion reduction at 10km and under is a whole other issue. It's just a tad too much imo.

1. Thats the dispersion reduction coming to a head for you. You're a giant, seaborne claymore, the closer you get the more devastating you become. 
2. Thats the idea behind RU BBs, in order to succeed you have to get close, not brawling close but closer than is comfortable for most other ships depending on the phase the match is in. A player with any reasonable amount of skill and education regarding armor angling will generally be able to close the distance. 
3. Ties in with number 2. The hull armor is great, you're not going to get penned by much other than other battleships firing HE, but that is kind of the point, cruisers at range are dangerous in that they can fire ridiculous amounts of HE and engage you in your worst nightmare. Constant fires. Damage may be small, if any, but it's the DoT effect that fires can have that will wear you down regardless of what phase the match is in. Either you will burn up your heals or your DCPs and either way, you're soon going to be out of luck if you can't mitigate the bombardment. 

It's a powerful line, but not one that is easily learned to use it to the best of its abilities. Not every Mary, Joe, and Sue will be able to jump in and do insane amounts of damage consistently. I think they are well balanced and some slight nerfs wouldn't be totally out of order, but at the time, I don't see them necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
601
[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,441 posts
10,195 battles
6 hours ago, Sledgehammer427 said:

1. Thats the dispersion reduction coming to a head for you. You're a giant, seaborne claymore, the closer you get the more devastating you become. 
2. Thats the idea behind RU BBs, in order to succeed you have to get close, not brawling close but closer than is comfortable for most other ships depending on the phase the match is in. A player with any reasonable amount of skill and education regarding armor angling will generally be able to close the distance. 
3. Ties in with number 2. The hull armor is great, you're not going to get penned by much other than other battleships firing HE, but that is kind of the point, cruisers at range are dangerous in that they can fire ridiculous amounts of HE and engage you in your worst nightmare. Constant fires. Damage may be small, if any, but it's the DoT effect that fires can have that will wear you down regardless of what phase the match is in. Either you will burn up your heals or your DCPs and either way, you're soon going to be out of luck if you can't mitigate the bombardment. 

It's a powerful line, but not one that is easily learned to use it to the best of its abilities. Not every Mary, Joe, and Sue will be able to jump in and do insane amounts of damage consistently. I think they are well balanced and some slight nerfs wouldn't be totally out of order, but at the time, I don't see them necessary. 

The tiny amount you need to angle to bounce things is far too shallow. The entire concept of magical cruiser accuracy under 10km is just silly. Those two things are just overdone way...way too much. I am to the Vlad now and it's just silly what you can get away with.

Edited by Vekta408

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,025
[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

If you played WoT, you'd know that WG is nearly incapable of making Russian stuff bad. It's their game, they can do what they want, but clearly the Russian bias is not some kind of mystical yeti. Only WG could make the German BBs which did actually exist (to my knowledge), and make them far worse than some crazy made-up Russian BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66
[-SYN-]
[-SYN-]
Members
227 posts
9,849 battles
On 8/5/2019 at 2:36 PM, Cpt_Cupcake said:

It can also be citadeled by khab...

ROFLMAO! Sorry, I just got waxed by a Kremlin in my Montana, hitting it with 16" AP shells in its broadside at less than 6km range, not a single cit hit out of dozens of shots. It can back up almost as fast as the Montana can drive forward, and it punches Montana armor like it was paper. It's stupid OP.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
617
[THREE]
Members
2,100 posts
10,631 battles
12 hours ago, EasyEight said:

ROFLMAO! Sorry, I just got waxed by a Kremlin in my Montana, hitting it with 16" AP shells in its broadside at less than 6km range, not a single cit hit out of dozens of shots. It can back up almost as fast as the Montana can drive forward, and it punches Montana armor like it was paper. It's stupid OP.

Post the replay, we'll take a look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
848
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,807 posts
14,740 battles
On 12/8/2019 at 4:45 PM, EasyEight said:

ROFLMAO! Sorry, I just got waxed by a Kremlin in my Montana, hitting it with 16" AP shells in its broadside at less than 6km range, not a single cit hit out of dozens of shots. It can back up almost as fast as the Montana can drive forward, and it punches Montana armor like it was paper. It's stupid OP.

I would also like to see the replay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×