Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Thank god for Premiums (Stage 3)

80 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

8,245
[PVE]
Members
11,821 posts
24,479 battles

Wow. We need 6 nations with 3 Million credits each for stage 3. Glad I have a boat load (pun intended) of premiums, flags, and special camo.

  • US - done in 5 games (gotta love Missouri and Georgia)
  • Japan - done in 9 games (I knew that butt fugly Kobayashi camo on Kii and Ashitaka would pay off LOL)

So 14 games and got 2 done. Probably doing the French line next and then not sure on the final 3?  I have Roma with Kobayashi camo but god I hate that ship.  British I have quite a few premiums so it shouldn't be too bad. Same for Russian.  I guess with German I can spam Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Tirpitz B, and Prinz Eugen (w/ Adler camo) and that should finish it up. I will not try and do any of the extras. If I do fine but not purposely trying.

It's a lot of credits but not crazy like the PEF event with 6 Million each.

Back to the grind...:Smile_izmena:

  • Edit - French are done. 1/2 way there...
  • Edit 2 - Russia done. Only 2 more...
  • Edit 3 - Italy done. I hate Roma with a passion but 9 games got it done. 1 more...
  • Edit 4 - Germany done. Finished!!!!!

 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[WOLF9]
Members
4,469 posts

  Ha- still knocking off da Frenchflakes.   Down to 2 ships left, and I'm afraid to play them.  (love the ships- play sux so bad today, I don't want to give WG a chance to make me hate them.)

  I started putting dents in several of the nations just by default.  So Far the US is ahead, but that's just because I have so many!  The money makers had their flakes knocked off last week.   I may set Huang He and Exeter aside for now, and just go for it on the $$ grind. (they're my last 2 frenchflakes)   Gotta grind out the 15k xp on Jaguar, too- it might put me almost to the last token bundle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[WOLF9]
Members
4,469 posts
6 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I hear high tier French DDs can get multiple lines done. :Smile_hiding:

  Yeah- if only the missions would drop- or the line were actually out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,752
[KWF]
Members
4,370 posts
6,405 battles
7 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I hear high tier French DDs can get multiple lines done. :Smile_hiding:

Pretty much this. If you got Vauquelin, Fantasque, or Mogador, you can do French, Italy, Commonwealth, Poland, Pan-American.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,245
[PVE]
Members
11,821 posts
24,479 battles
12 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Pretty much this. If you got Vauquelin, Fantasque, or Mogador, you can do French, Italy, Commonwealth, Poland, Pan-American.

But that means playing those god awful ships. No thanks. I have them but don't want to play them.

I will stick to regular ships. Started French after posting this thread. 2 Bayard games and already 1.1+ Million credits. Would rather play stuff I like and have it take longer than play stuff I don't.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,370
[WOLFG]
Members
9,575 posts
8,553 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Fixed it for you. :Smile_glasses:

At least your T7 French DD isn't your only way to make it through this, unlike some others.

I want to apologize to the coop crowd in advance after I unlock it.  (I'm not sure I am going to try for Directive 3 anyways).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,482
[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles
14 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Fixed it for you. :Smile_glasses:

Aww, don't be so bashful, Admiral, lol. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

I know you actually like the French DD's, deep down. How can you say no to smokeless no-citadel mini cruisers with dakka-dakka's and supah-sanic-speeeeeeeed?? LELELEL. :Smile_trollface::cap_haloween:

You're indeed "blessed," lul. :Smile_trollface::fish_cute_2:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,245
[PVE]
Members
11,821 posts
24,479 battles
32 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Aww, don't be so bashful, Admiral, lol. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

I know you actually like the French DD's, deep down. How can you say no to smokeless no-citadel mini cruisers with dakka-dakka's and supah-sanic-speeeeeeeed?? LELELEL. :Smile_trollface::cap_haloween:

You're indeed "blessed," lul. :Smile_trollface::fish_cute_2:

It's easy = NO!

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,482
[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles
27 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It's easy = NO!

Well, you know the old saying: easy come, easy go... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

If it's that easy to say no, then it's also easy to change your mind and start saying yes, lel. :Smile_trollface:

I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune, by the time you get the Tier X French DD... lul. :Smile_trollface:

Speaking of which, since you did imply before that you're going to complete the line, and you ended up getting Mogador as well, you might as well as start playing the French DD's to accumulate the needed XP, while doing the directives. You might as well as strike two birds with one stone, I say... lalalal. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

You're a good sport, Admiral. I wish you best of luck and joy with the French DD's... lol. :fish_cute_2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,245
[PVE]
Members
11,821 posts
24,479 battles
10 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Well, you know the old saying: easy come, easy go... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

If it's that easy to say no, then it's also easy to change your mind and start saying yes, lel. :Smile_trollface:

I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune, by the time you get the Tier X French DD... lul. :Smile_trollface:

Speaking of which, since you did imply before that you're going to complete the line, and you ended up getting Mogador as well, you might as well as start playing the French DD's to accumulate the needed XP, while doing the directives. You might as well as strike two birds with one stone, I say... lalalal. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

You're a good sport, Admiral. I wish you best of luck and joy with the French DD's... lol. :fish_cute_2:

HA! - Free XP then it can sit there.

:Smile_trollface:

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,904
[O_O]
Members
6,436 posts
15,330 battles

$3M for each of 6 is a bit grind-ish.

War Economy USA = Missouri.   I'll play Georgia, too, to add some flavor, and I am still grinding Iowa.

War Economy Japan = Musashi.

War Economy Germany = Tirpitz, Scharnhorst, T-61.  I guess I could break out my tech tree homework on F. Der Große and Z-46 while I'm at it.

War Economy UK = Vanguard, Cossack, Belfast, with some Lightning, Monarch and Neptune.

War Economy France (pays out a French crate) = Jean Bart, with some Richelieu and Saint-Louis thrown in since I'm grinding them, anyway.

Italy: French Destroyers (pays out a French crate) = Giulio Cesare, Duca D'Aosta, and Abruzzi.

 

And that will be my six.

To earn more French crates, I would have to grind the heck out of 1) Blyskawica; and 2) Perth.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[PVE]
Members
1,441 posts
39,283 battles

Nice AT but I will have to it the hard way.

I don`t have all them goodies. 3 mill a day is only 6 days so not to bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,482
[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles

Well, this is disappointing, lol. :Smile_hiding:

It looks like I would not be able to do 3 mil credit a day, which means I'll not be able to make it all the way to the end in time. Oh well. No Sirocco for me, I guess. I still managed Jaguar and Guepard, so I guess I'll just call it a day here and stop wasting my signal flags anymore, lel. :Smile_unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,189
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
9,512 battles

With the Vauquelin, I just loaded it up with all the credit flags and gamescon camo and was able to finish up 4 missions in one go after a couple Narai games.

 

However for some bizarre reason, Poland nation is the only mission in the directive where you cannot complete it in operations, every single nation in the 3rd directive set you can complete in operations except for Poland.

37cmah.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,030
[EQRN]
Members
2,029 posts
17,443 battles

Aegis was pretty good last night, all 4-5 star wins.  Only used hunter camo and the 20% signal, half of Russia and France done, good chunk of US and Germany done as well.  Not sure when Ops rotate, but 300-500k per Aegis run not too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,184
[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles

Luckily, I was able to hook up with @Lightninger, @Vader_Sama and a few others on the Hoperations discord.  They were kind enough to allow me to bring along my Idaho potato skill set and rake in some nice cash and xp.  Many thanks to them for allowing "Froggy" to join "Our Gang", however briefly.  :Smile_veryhappy:

I was able to start and finish the UK credit grind.  I was also able to finish up the 16k base xp grind for Le Fantastique.  Now I just have to put a saddle on Miss Fantastic and ride her to a successful completion of directive set number three.  :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,090 posts
6,653 battles
22 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Luckily, I was able to hook up with @Lightninger, @Vader_Sama and a few others on the Hoperations discord.  They were kind enough to allow me to bring along my Idaho potato skill set and rake in some nice cash and xp.  Many thanks to them for allowing "Froggy" to join "Our Gang", however briefly.  :Smile_veryhappy:

I was able to start and finish the UK credit grind.  I was also able to finish up the 16k base xp grind for Le Fantastique.  Now I just have to put a saddle on Miss Fantastic and ride her to a successful completion of directive set number three.  :cap_like:

Youse guys who got Vauquelin and Fantastique are real jerks, you know that? The rest of us plebes are just going to have to settle for grinding out one objective at a time... :cap_viking::Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,611
[WOLF3]
Members
27,040 posts
23,838 battles

All I played yesterday evening was Mogador, she got me a lot of progress on multiple directives.

GrqoR0F.jpg

 

I should finish those 5 directives off this evening.  I intend to finish the 6th one with USN using Missouri, Benham, Georgia.  Should take me 2-3 days.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,986
[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
20 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

the PEF event with 6 Million each.

I thought it was four million each? I went back and looked at analysis posts of my own that I made at the time, and they both say four million.

2 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

The rest of us plebes are just going to have to settle for grinding out one objective at a time... 

The upside of that is the progress we make on our tech-tree grinds and other such (I used Fiji a lot for my British grind, and although I've long since moved up to the Edinburgh the Fiji holds one of my 19 pointers, so I benefited there).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[WOLF9]
Members
4,469 posts

  Well, France has leaped into the lead!  Partly from the Jaguar token grind, but mostly because I FINALLY got the Frenchflakes done- and have been able to play Republique. Alsace and Gascogne again.   Also Bayard is way too fun to leave in port.

  I'm concentrating on the US and France, first.

Then Germany  (grinding out Roon) and Japan.  ( likely with Kii; Musashi, and Ashitaka with it's Kobayashi camo.

The UK and Russia will be last.

  I haven't tried OPS for this yet.  Mostly because my memories of ops mainly involve players attempting to farm the EFF out of it for maximum personal gain- often at the expense of the mission.  Plus the 30 minute cooldown to do it again in the same ship annoys me to no end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,986
[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
6 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Mostly because my memories of ops mainly involve players attempting to farm the EFF out of it for maximum personal gain- often at the expense of the mission

@Lightninger and his Hoperations group will teach  you the true meaning of how to farm ops, that does not tolerate failure.

In addition, you can spend 75,000 credits to turn your ship around IMMEDIATELY, and it's less than what you make on a half-decent ops run. Those credits aren't counted against what you're trying to bring in, and they constitute a worthy sacrifice if you're mining either XP, captain XP, or the absolute number of credits you bring home per battle to satisfy a directive requirement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×